It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planned Parenthood stops taking money for fetal tissue donations

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

That is if one trust the gov. to investigate themselves...

I am all about simple answers and proof.

This pp debacle has been presented by the left as being a non substantive attack on a process that is legal yet it goes against laws that claim no money was being made from the murders yet the proof and actions of pp is nothing short of an admission of guilt.

Is there any top points of conflict that you all can point to and make the case well that the editing was done to present a message that was not present or any points to raise that show how donations for bodies is not along the same lines as dead babies for cash. In the scenarios I mention the actions would be the same. ex. I have some dead bodies I get rid of and in exchange I am now receiving money for the dead bodies. Just because I label it as donations does not mean much if the donations would not have been made if the murder never took place.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
poor lil babies,

The Federalist reports that even though fetal tissue research receives $76 million in taxpayer funding, scientists are moving on to other methods because they believe it will produce better results. The associate professor of bioethics at Case Western Reserve University, Insoo Hyun, explained, “Despite the long history of using fetal tissue in medicine and research, the practice could be on the way out. Even though it has led to important medical advances in the last several decades, ‘in the future, the need for fetal tissue will go down because of advances in stem cell [technology] that will take over.”

One of the reasons Professor Hyun argues this position is because the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) believes that fetal tissue is no longer needed to create vaccines. They explain, “…Some vaccines such as rubella and varicella [were] made from human cell-line cultures, and some of these cell lines originated from aborted fetal tissue, obtained from legal abortions in the 1960s. No new fetal tissue is needed to produce cell lines to make these vaccines, now or in the future.”

So the need for fetal tissue is not necessary.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
What is the pro-choice crowd lying about?

Well, a pro lifer responded to you and told you what they see as lies. Just as the pro choice crowd sees what's going on here as lies (albeit they have some facts to support them).

This perfectly illustrates why any discussions on the topic are impossible. Facts are subjective.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: Krazysh0t
That is your opinion.

Personally I see direct links.

If they are willing to lie about one thing then they will lie about another.

So ONE issue to you that isn't quite a lie, but an opinion, is evidence that they are lying, but the pro-life camps admitted lying in regard to EVERYTHING those videos show isn't evidence that they are a bunch of asshats pushing a false narrative? Talk about a lopsided investigation effort...

The reason they stopped taking money is because they knew they were caught in another lie.

HA! I called this on the first page. Thanks for proving my point.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Murder and lying go hand in hand.

Why do so many try to say that the edits made the vidoes say something unintended. Just another lie. The editing did not add to or take away from the fact they were illegally receiving money for murdering kids and transferring their bodies to be part of a demonic system of even more lies.

I'm saying that all the investigations have turned up negative AND Republicans have even admitted there is no financial misappropriation so your personal opinion about the people at PP's personal character is irrelevant. The facts and evidence speak for themselves. PP did nothing wrong.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

*sigh* No, that's what you're reading from what I'm saying. I'm not going to re-clarify my comment for about the 5th time in this thread.

Your point in very clear to me. You believe that Planned Parenthood's accountants, CPAs and managers are all in kahoots and working the books the make it look that they don't profit, while they line their own pockets, with ill gotten gains from selling baby body parts, to buy Lamborghinis and the like.

You know this is happening because you see it everyday in your "legal enforcement" job. But, you have no forensic proof that Planned Parenthood did anything illegal.

edit on 14-10-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

It just goes to show you that the pro-life crowd is so transparent. They don't care about facts, only that people know they are outraged and don't like abortion. And basically, the ends justify the means here. Break tons of laws and lie your face off all so you can use that as a stepping stone to attack abortion. The goal was clear to everyone from day 1. It's sick really and I'm disgusted that so many people that I would think could see past the lies wouldn't be able to see the truth.
edit on 14-10-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
Your point in very clear to me. You believe that Planned Parenthood's accountants, CPAs and managers are all in kahoots and working the books the make it look that they don't profit, while they line their own pockets, with ill gotten gains from selling baby body parts, to buy Lamborghinis and the like.

You know this is happening because you see it everyday in your "legal enforcement" job. But, you have no forensic proof that Planned Parenthood did anything illegal.

Nope, you have missed the point completely, as I have said absolutely nothing about accountants, CPAs (which are accountants), or managers being in cahoots about anything.

You really have missed the mark on this one, and you're making yourself look incapable of understanding a pretty simple point because you're blanketing my comments and point with a veil of your own ideology. At least, that's the only take-away I have from this exchange, because you're repeatedly wrong about my point, I repeatedly correct you, and then you come back at me with the same incorrect interpretation.

You are coming across like someone who would argue with Darwin about his own theory simply because you don't understand what he's saying, then keep telling him he's saying something he's not.

I don't understand people like you.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

This is an example of the semantics I referenced...they still get the money, they still provide the service, they just shuffle a little money around to appease the Hyde Amendment, but the reality is still that the federal dollars help fund the agency that does the abortion procedures.

It's a cup-and-ball game.

What point were you trying to make here? If you're not accusing Planned Parenthood's accountants, CPAs and managers of fiddling with the books, then what is it you're really trying to say? Do you think that Planned Parenthood, the mega corporation, is incapable of keeping legal and accurate books? .... That it's impossible to keep and abide by the Hyde Amendment, so everyone's been looking the other way until these recent videos surfaced?

edit on 14-10-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

This is an example of the semantics I referenced...they still get the money, they still provide the service, they just shuffle a little money around to appease the Hyde Amendment, but the reality is still that the federal dollars help fund the agency that does the abortion procedures.

Until you have the data in front of you, any "shuffling" of money is just conjecture - AND there have been MANY investigations that have pored over their accounting and found it to be in order.

You seem to think PP gets money from several sources and puts it into one big pot. Federal funding, abortion payments, tissue storage and shipping... In reality, these are all kept separate. It's how any business works.

You are right that federal dollars help fund the agency that does abortion procedures, but the federal funding is ALL used up on other procedures (which now includes fetal tissue storage and shipping). No federal funding goes toward abortion.

For your conjecture to be proven, someone would have to find evidence of illegal action in their books. And no one has.
edit on 10/14/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
most of their funding from the gov't comes from medicaid reimbursements, have you noticed just how many doctors have opted out of accepting medicaid patients? gee, wonder why that would be?? oh ya, those reimbursements many times don't actually cover the cost of the care...

more then likely the non-government funds they get for the abortions they do help offset the costs of the care they give medicaid patients that the medicaid doesn't pay for...

but keep on keeping on with the idea that planned parenthood is unique in it's ability to shuffle the money they get from the gov't and use it for things that the gov't doesn't approve it to be used for. just remember, you're also putting into question the funding many christian organizations get under that faith based initiative federal funding program who could just as easily shuffle the money and be using it instead for things that the gov't tells them it can't be used for.....like I don't know telling abused women in their counseling that God would want them to go back to their husbands and try harder to be good wives so they don't get beaten so badly next time!!!

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
If, as they assure us, Planned Parenthood was doing nothing wrong and it's 'taking reimbursements' in the transaction of harvested baby body parts is perfectly legitimate...then why cancel the practice?

Only two reasons can explain that:
1.) They're admitting they were wrong/lying/guilty.
-or-
2.) They caved to pressure...and the videos were much more effective than they were originally willing to admit.

Take your pick.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

OR..........

3) "The group’s president Cecile Richards disclosed the policy change in a letter to the National Institutes of Health, which she said was intended to “take away any basis for attacking Planned Parenthood to advance an anti-abortion political agenda.”

“This new policy removes beyond the shadow of a doubt the ludicrous idea that Planned Parenthood has any financial interest in tissue donation — and shows the real agenda behind these attacks,” Richards wrote in a statement."

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

well, considering just how much man hours and money it cost them to provide something like 20,000 pages to just one of the congressional investigations, maybe, just maybe they figured that it would be cheaper just to eat the cost of the expenses they incurred with the fetal donations.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

[pun]

They're on the "Cash & Carry" system now.

[/pun]

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

[Baseless speculation implied as fact]

They're on the "Cash & Carry" system now.
[/Baseless speculation implied as fact]

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

well, considering just how much man hours and money it cost them to provide something like 20,000 pages to just one of the congressional investigations, maybe, just maybe they figured that it would be cheaper just to eat the cost of the expenses they incurred with the fetal donations.

By "eat the cost", do you mean it will now cut into the Hundreds of Millions of dollars yearly profit they make from abortions?

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Sorry wind, that wasn't one of the already accepted answer that shows the guilt of PP based on this move so that will be considered incorrect.

We thank you for trying and encourage you to try again in the future.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

If, as they assure us, Planned Parenthood was doing nothing wrong and it's 'taking reimbursements' in the transaction of harvested baby body parts is perfectly legitimate...then why cancel the practice?

Only two reasons can explain that:
1.) They're admitting they were wrong/lying/guilty.
-or-
2.) They caved to pressure...and the videos were much more effective than they were originally willing to admit.

Take your pick.

or third.. They decided to eat the cost of the procedure so you and the rest of the conservative knuckle heads don't have any BS to talk about.

Going on what.. They're 5th committee and still haven't found anything. GTFOH

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Actually, it was okay, S. Wind's fits choice #2: They caved to pressure...and the videos were much more effective than they were originally willing to admit.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Actually, it was okay, S. Wind's fits choice #2: They caved to pressure...and the videos were much more effective than they were originally willing to admit.

OR,

Maybe somebody is blackmailing the PP executives.

Maybe we never saw *ALL* the videos !!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join