It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone Expansion out now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
The first of two planned expansions for the awesome Witcher 3 has been released and continues the quality of the main game , Hearts of Stone currently has a Metacritic score of 88 on PC.
I would normally post a video at this point but this game is so special (in my opinion) that I don't want to spoil anything in the 10 hour expansion for other fans of the game.

The second expansion doubles the length of the first , Blood and Wine has now been scheduled for for the first half of 2016 from its original first quarter release window , not really a problem as CD Projekt RED will use any extra time to inject a little bit more awesomeness into what will I think be the end of Geralt's story.

I don't have Hearts of Stone yet but I know what I'm doing this weekend , The Witcher 3 is in my opinion the best open world fantasy RPG ever created from the best developer out there today and any new stuff to do in that world is for me not to be missed.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Oh, thanks... forgot about this. Agreed as to the game's quality... it has depleted me of time (along with Metal Gear PP... and Fallout 4 coming up).

I sometimes wish these games weren't so engrossing... I'd have worked out world peace, the end of poverty and injustice and immortality by now without them (or at least free, clean power- and in case someone is unsure, I am being in no way serious... except about time lost).

Great, lovely game we are playing... and the video games we play are pretty cool, too.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I only recently got Witcher with my graphics card....It's probably the only game where I'll walk around just looking at the envivironment.I'd recommend it to anyone.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Ericthedoubter

Couldn't agree more , it's a beautiful world that's full of stuff to see and do , I can't think of another game I've played where after a month of daily play I'd still come across a view or structure that would make say Wow ! out loud.

edit on 13-10-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
So the last RPG I played was mario 64, figured would wait until something came out better than that. I took it back up this week with Witcher3. Brother dropped 600 on a gtx480 we built a rig back in '10 for him. He got the 980 now gave it to me. I got it rockin ultra minus hair and high on one setting, forget which. Using vsync half adaptive and an xbox360 controller it run 30fps 97% or so, dropping down to 18fps at it's very worst. I decided to get a 960 coming in Wednesday to keep it at 30fps and get me by until nvidia pascal is released next year. Gonna be 4k gaming then, if the teles catch up well enough drop price.

Guess I'll be getting some mods and this expansion pack after done with this regular storyline. Patch v1.10 was 10gigs!, 16 installed. Hoping we get real VR by 2020, I know some players are coming out with sets already else soon, but they seem to lack major studio developers and have too much lag/issues for now.

Bro was top 30 in the world mage in WoW, he's got some silly game on his note4 ranked #5 out of 12 million fools on it. I dunno he likes to waste it away, might as well only so much time we got. Keeps me off drugs, replace one with the next.
edit on 23-10-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

Blimey!Thanks for the heads-up on Pascal!How that slipped under my radar is a mystery.

I'm still using the first-gen Core i5 in my pc with a GTX 960 for graphics and a 750 Ti for physx and I was going to upgrade to Core i7 6700k in December.

Now the 960 is staying put for a bit.😃

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Ericthedoubter

He's still using an i7-870 with the gtx980.. I'd maybe consider the 5820k if you have a micro center near you they sell $299, or u2u I'll ship you one. Drop HT have 6 cores. Oh wait that's not right pascal uses NV link replace pci-e wait it out new Mobo needed not yet released.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

That's odd it says reached 4hr limit to edit. Well upon further research it appears NV link mostly applies to supercomputers and maybe SLI replacement. Not necessary for single card rigs.

I'm waiting on the 960 got the evga 4gb version on sale $180. Hoping to push it 1500 core 8ghz gddr5, but will accept less for stability if need be.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Okay,thanks!

I'll just wait until next year....I'm back on Diablo3 RoS.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
FYI that gtx960 plays witcher mix of ultra and high hair off 45-60+fps on a haswell xeon. I'll lock it on 60fps for battlefield 4 maxed after finish this game. Got the official collector's edition strategy guide in today it's nearly 500 pages thick full sized!

I can't believe how amazing looking these games have gotten. Not gonna admit it yet, but it might actually beat mario64.
edit on 1-11-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

top topics

join