It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Busted ! CNN Uses Jeb Bush Staffer Planted In Audience For Trump Hit Piece

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Now this is a good one. I guess the GOP Establishment is getting desperate.... and very sloppy.

Sorry Jeb, no votes for you!

See link to see all her pics with Bush and the gang!

theconservativetreehouse.com...

During an appearance at a Jon Huntsman “No Labels” event, a female audience member named Lauren Batchelder played the role of a female antagonist toward candidate Donald Trump.

However, Ms. Batchelder is not just an average audience member. She’s a paid political operative of the GOP and a paid staff member of Team Jeb Bush:

Within minutes of her scripted performance at the event, the producers of CNN were quickly editing soundbites and framing a narrative. That story was pushed into the media stream within hours. CNN’s Jeanne Moos was the delivery vehicle for the a hit piece.

Here’s the CNN narrative as presented yesterday:

However, as previously noted, it didn’t take long to discover that Lauren Batchelder was not just an ordinary audience member, she is actually a current staffer for Senator Kelly Ayotte and also working in New Hampshire on behalf of the Jeb Bush 2016 campaign.

Batchelder’s LinkedIn profile shows she is a Jeb Bush For President 2016 staffer.

edit on 13-10-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Yeah. What a bonehead move. Trump handled it well. She, Bush and CNN looked like idiots.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I tend to assume that most media/political stunts, like this, are staged and smoke & mirrors.

I am a cynic though. In my opinion, the two parties and Trump are going to work hard to manipulate this election for a predetermined winner. And when neither Jeb nor Hillary are the nominees, the voters will totally believe the elections are not manipulated and rigged. But they are.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I don't get it... Why shouldn't she be allowed to confront Trump (or anyone) because she works for the "other side"? This was a bipartisan event. Shouldn't Bush staffers be allowed to ask questions, too?

She "played the role of a female antagonist toward candidate Donald Trump"? She WAS a female antagonist toward candidate Donald Trump!
edit on 10/13/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
There is a deeper reason why these kinds of coordinated attacks are continuously attempted on people running for office like Trump, Perot and Paul

Although Trump did grow up rich, inheriting money and property from his fathers businesses, the Trump Family is self-made for the most part and not a part of the NWO (note that all the Trumps are Tax Dodgers BTW). Donald Trumps grandfather was an illegal alien, that did not process properly through Ellis Island, simply walking away from the processing center after he got off the ship, in the late 1800's. With that in mind, people like Trump and Perot are considered TRULY "trash" by the standards of the Romney and Bush clans, with their family members having held political offices in the Untied States, as far back as the 1850's. Note, Reagan, Clinton, and Obama also had no direct family ties to the NWO. However, they were not nearly as wealthy, nor as independently bold, as Trump or Perot and eventually all of them did "toed the line", following the orders of the NWO. This is likely because they were not wealthy enough to fight back, without taking the risk of loosing everything in the process.

The reality is that Trump will NEVER be accepted as part of the TRUE "Owners of Capital" club because he is the decedent of regular working class immigrants from Germany, that came to the USA, via Ellis Island. Whether voters believe it or not, people like Donald Trump and Ross Perot before him, are truly, the best chance, regular people have to being represented by someone in office who's family is not part of the NWO. Although I have not thoroughly checked, it does not appear that Donald Trump nor Ross Perot were ever invited to or attended the Bilderberg Conference. That's a GOOD sign, not a bad one.

Also there are some other things to consider, if Trump wins the republican nomination or somehow gets huge backing as an Independent, the "Owners of Capital" will simply do what they did to Ross Perot and once that process unfolds he will eventually decide to "willingly withdraw" from the race.

Also, do people really believe, that if someone like Donald Trump wins the election, that he will be able to do what he wants, as apposed to, what the "Military Industrial Complex" wants him to do?

Anyone who becomes President of the United States has to "cow tow" to the "Military Industrial Complex" and even Donald Trump is not immune to a guaranteed "CIA visit" once in office.

Be assured they will pay him a visit, if he ever wins, and like Ross Perot, Jessie Ventura, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Obama, he too will be told to "toe the line" and "play ball", as they dictate. For example, why in the world did Arnold Schwarzenegger need to do ANYTHING along party lines? His fame and popularity COMPLETELY transcended political parties, yet somehow he was still "answering" to politicians who "in theory" should have had no affect on his personal life, political career or personal fortune, all of which existed prior to being elected and was held COMPLETELY outside of the confines or influence of the "Military Industrial Complex".

Also consider this angle, there is a huge assets difference between Mitt Romney, who has a $250 million net worth and Ross Perot with a $5 billion net worth (Donald Trump has a net worth of $4 Billion). Yet, someone like Romney was a shoe in for party nominations, but not Perot and this time around it will be Jeb Bush that gets the party nomination, not Trump. As I alluded to above, its NOT the money nor the popular vote that matters, people like Mitt and Jeb are government insiders and both come from families that always have been government insiders. That was not the case at all with Perot and the same goes for Trump, hence neither of them can be elected regardless of the popular vote or the public's desires.

Ross Perot dropping out of the 1992 election was not happenstance either, nor simply about his daughters wedding:

Mr. Perot offered no evidence, only quoting friends and an unidentified "top Republican." "I can't prove any of it today," he said on tonight's CBS News program "60 Minutes." "But it was a risk I did not have to take," he added, "and a risk I would not take where my daughter is concerned." Mr. Perot accused the unidentified C.I.A. employee of being hired to tap into his computerized stock trading program to prevent him from having the money to revive his campaign.

I think Ross Perot would have done a much better job than ANY of the "good ol' boys" that we've gotten as Presidents since then. Again, Perot dropping out of the 1992 election was not happenstance, nor was it simply about his daughters wedding. He was likely threatened in some way that none of us can imagine. Why has he been so quiet, for the last 20+ years? Donald Trump will be no different, but, if he decides to run for President and he somehow wins, best case scenario, it will be Arnold Schwarzenegger or Ronald Reagan all over again.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Yeah for some reason certain people think it unfathomable that people visit the oppositions events to ask questions...

Which is ludicrous to be honest.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
It's important to note Trump advisor Daniel Scavino Jr is making the accusation. This DailyKos article takes you through the revelations via 140 characters...

I don't think CNN didn't anything different than it normally does. Sensational sound bits are sensational.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Horrible website is horrible.

Why would it be CNN at fault and not Jeb Bush's campaign and how do we even know the woman is the same? The pictures are really not clear. Long red hair? Must be same person!

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Horrible website is horrible.

Why would it be CNN at fault and not Jeb Bush's campaign and how do we even know the woman is the same? The pictures are really not clear. Long red hair? Must be same person!

Did you read it? Did you see her now deleted social media? It is the same person, that is not in question at all.
edit on 13-10-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Actually I missed the facebook link. So how is it that CNN is to blame?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I don't like trump but I think she looked like the bigger idiot on that piece.

But yeah I can see where they were trying to make trump look like disingenuous. The mystery to me is why? He does such a good job by himself.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

THERE IS NO "LEFT" OR "RIGHT", THERE IS ONLY "TYRANNY" OR "FREEDOM"

This is merely more proof that deception and corruption are the only true traits of US politics and that propaganda keeps folks focused on the trees so that they cannot see the forest.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

They are going for the "war on women" narrative it appears....

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

They are going for the "war on women" narrative it appears....

Without a doubt but I think they are going with what ever sticks against trump. Somehow it appears that Trump has a little of the Clinton teflon coating.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
The most hypocritical part of this charade was her hands-on-hips demand to know if she would still be able to "control her own body" under a Trump Presidency...an obvious reference to access to abortion.

Jeb Bush's position on abortion?

Bush supports legislation to ban abortion after 20 weeks, making exceptions for the life of the mother, rape, or incest.[9] In August 2015, Bush said: "My record as a pro-life governor is not in dispute. I am completely pro-life and I believe that we should have a culture of life."[10] In 2003, Bush described himself as "probably the most pro-life governor in modern times."[

Jeb's Abortion Position

The other indivdual that she lists as serving as an intern for, Senator Kelly Ayotte, is also a strong pro-life advocate.

Life News Rating - Kelly Ayotte

So...looks like she has a lot of 'splanin' to do.

I am sure the Donald is going to have a field day with this little ruse!

edit on 13-10-2015 by mobiusmale because: typos

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I don't think you understand how an election works - or a campaign

That was a perfectly legitimate question - no matter how directly or indirectly it might be asked. That was essentially Jeb Bush putting Donnie on the spot

Trump blasts Jeb over campaign ‘intern’ who grilled him at forum

The questioner was identified as Lauren Batchelder. Her lively exchange Monday with Trump at the "No Labels" forum drew widespread attention, as she accused him of not being a "friend to women."

Damn straight Lauren

Trump - what a man-baby

A Plant? So what? If the man can't answer a direct question - he's got no business leading this country. What difference does it make where the question comes from?

Well played

I swear - I hope there's more just like this coming our way - we are standing scarily close to the edge of something truly awful - but I'm enjoying it for all it's worth

:-)

edit on 10/13/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Totally pathetic. But a true B-team character. Desperate time, desperate measures.

I really do not get this CNN-led action against Trump & women. The fact Mr Trump bashed the Fox news anchor - for obvious reasons - is not translatable that this applies to every woman. The same applies Mr Trump brushing off Fiorina, as a competitor. The journalistic standard is in the gutters today, when everything is taken out of context and spinned into an universal law. And disturbing, makes me really tired of this. (Actually I don't much care of CNN & bunch).

That all said, Mr Trump has handled all this in a galant manner, keeping his cool much better than I'd ever managed.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I think the telling part of this is that CNN had a hand in setting the table for the question and choosing the narrative afterward. It's pretty damn obvious this wasn't a case of a staff attending an event and spontaneously asking a question. Hell, I don't like Trump... and crap like this frustrates the hell out of me because it almost seems like the GOP field is handing the man the nomination thanks to the ham handed way they've dealt with him so far.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Conspiracy twist:

She's actually a Donald Trump double agent planted in the Bush campaign so that she could later be called on by Trump to ask a question only to be immediately "outed" as a Jeb Bush shill.

So how again is this CNN's "fault?"

CNN was just one of many sources who reported on the question, in fact it was the Burlington Free Press who identified Lauren Batchelder. I think maybe "sundance" has a thing against CNN. At least they finally posted a retraction of sorts.

So was she a "plant" and why does it matter if she was?

She's a college student at St. Anselm, which is IN MANCHESTER where the event was held. She's obviously politically active; intern for Ayotte, her Linkedin profile has a picture of her with John McCain, she's volunteered for Jeb, she also claims to be a political blogger for a local ABC affiliate and she's working on a Bachelor’s Degree, Political Science and Government/ Criminal Justice according to her Linkedin profile.

Also:

This isn't even the first of these events in Manchester where she's asked a candidate questions. Turns out she asked Sanders about sexual assaults on college campuses at one last month.

Clearly, this is what she likes to do and you can read on her Facebook page the comments from her friends congratulating her. She immediately went on FB, updated her profile picture and received a bunch of back patting.

My guess? She's a political junkie (or possibly groupie as some have inferred) and she shows up at these things and asks questions. That's what they're for. Those are the people that one would expect to see there. She's a local.

In summation:

- She's a very politically active Republican college student
- She attends college in Manchester, NH where the event was hosted.
- She attended a similar event just last month in Manchester and asked Sanders about an issue important to her peer group (college aged women)
- She was chosen by Trump and asked him fair questions (anything Trump doesn't want to answer is a "gotcha?")

She's being dismissed as a "plant" which doesn't make sense any way you look at it. If Donald Trump's image somehow suffered because of her questions, that's on Donald Trump? Or don't Trump supporters believe in personal responsibility?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I think the telling part of this is that CNN had a hand in setting the table for the question and choosing the narrative afterward. It's pretty damn obvious this wasn't a case of a staff attending an event and spontaneously asking a question. Hell, I don't like Trump... and crap like this frustrates the hell out of me because it almost seems like the GOP field is handing the man the nomination thanks to the ham handed way they've dealt with him so far.

Read my post above. She's an unusually politically active college student pursuing a political science degree at St. Anselm College in Manchester, where the even was hosted. In fact, her school is 3 miles from the the Radisson where the event was hosted. She's attended at least one other similar event in Manchester and she did so last month.

It really doesn't seem unusual at all.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join