It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Christians believe in Elemental Beings?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Here are the words for blessing holy water:

Blessed are you, Lord, Almighty God,
who deigned to bless us in Christ, the living water of our salvation,
and to reform us interiorly,
grant that we who are fortified
by the sprinking of or use of this water,
the youth of the spirit being renewed
by the power of the Holy Spirit,
may walk always in newness of life.

No they do not.

www.traditionalcatholicpriest.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Here are the words for blessing holy water:

Blessed are you, Lord, Almighty God,
who deigned to bless us in Christ, the living water of our salvation,
and to reform us interiorly,
grant that we who are fortified
by the sprinkling of or use of this water,
the youth of the spirit being renewed
by the power of the Holy Spirit,
may walk always in newness of life.

No they do not.

www.traditionalcatholicpriest.com...

That is false.
Christians are not some group of people you can relegate to any particular set of rules.
I know of a Christian Church where 99 percent of the members are all extremely left wing Obama supporters.
Does that fit the little MSM rule set? It sure doesn't. Remember that political groups love STEREOTYPES and LABELS to fit everything they need into nice and neat boxes, but the truth is far, far different.

You see labels and stereotypes like "The religious right" That is a false label. How about the religious left? I have never even heard that one. But they exist, and not a small bunch either.
Left wing Christians don't fit with current agenda requirements.

I know lots of Christians who believe in ghosts, and lots that do not. Does that make sense? It doesn't to me...

People make up their own rules no matter the religion or the belief system. Contradictions galore on every facet of our lives. That is more accurate for describing the human race.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Someone can claim to be a Christian and be whatever they want, it's not official teaching. It's like saying Muslims don't believe in Muhammad because you met one who says he doesn't. Official teaching, what's in the Bible, not what one person believes.

Ghosts would be a grey area. I personally don't.
edit on 14-10-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   

a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Someone can claim to be a Christian and be whatever they want, it's not official teaching. It's like saying Muslims don't believe in Muhammad because you met one who says he doesn't. Official teaching, what's in the Bible, not what one person believes.

Ghosts would be a grey area. I personally don't.

Yep, agreed. People of all religions claim all sorts of things inaccurate about their own religion so it supports what they want to be true.

Things in the bible support the existence of ghosts. souls. possessions by evil spirits. The Holy Ghost, etc. I know ghosts exist because I have experienced them. I know lots of things from personal experience. I know former skeptics who are now believers in many things, but thought these things they now believe in where ludicrous.
And after all of this, some who won't listen to anything and still cling to their same beliefs, even when they are contradicted by the bible, and they feel themselves to be good and obedient Christians. Just shows the words human and fallacy are synonyms, so to speak.

I have heard of elemental beings, but never have seen them, and don't know a lot about them. I have watched that show "dead files" where that gal goes to places, and have heard her say that elemental creatures were there. I don't necessarily believe it, but there are those who do believe. As a Christian myself, the only thing I know for sure, is that nothing is for sure. Life itself and everything seen and especially things unseen that may exist, are not all inventoried yet. Anything can exist that we don't know about. Many folks who think they know all things because of what the bible says, don't know everything that it doesn't say, but they think they do.
edit on 14-10-2015 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   
All of those things can have a case made for them in the Bible, not elemental beings. Some believe what they want though.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   

All of those things can have a case made for them in the Bible, not elemental beings. Some believe what they want though.

Exactly. The Bible doesn't mention "elemental beings" Does that mean they don't exist? The bible is not a reference manual for "everything that exists"

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   
God is air (greek: pneuma)

John 14:11 "Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me"

edit on 14-10-2015 by Ove38 because: text fix

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   
That would be kind of a yes and no, since all things Heavenly, Demonic, or dead would be considered something much more, almost to the believe that elementals couldn't do anything to Angels or Demons. Thats the thing though, judging by how modern popular Christianity is, they really don't, although Angels or even Demon, or even God in general may have been believed to control the elements.

Elementals seem more or less a mortal realm type of creature, and are not necessarily Divine or what not, trapped in a body being made or solid rock, fire, water, instead of clay. Much like how the Greek gods where based on Earthly elements, and not really on the other side of life or death, well except maybe Hades, but thats it.

Then again, he was their Devil in that sense.
edit on 14-10-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaMeditation

I think you are trying to mix two systems : that of the Occult teachings and that of the Christian church.

Whilst the four principles (Earth, Water , Fire & Earth) are in everything , it is not correct to suggest that elemental beings are part of Christianity. They never were part of the teachings. Having being brought up as a catholic and then having taken the esoteric path, I can safely say that the two systems are not compatible (even though both aim in the same direction loosely speaking).

In the Catholic church (or christian church generally ) , water has a great importance in the role of purifying. Exorcism has an important place in the rituals in the catholic church. However, that does not mean that a specific water creature is being banished by the priest. Far from it. The ritual does not target a being of the water element at all (you seem to think it does , in the OP ).

On the other hand, in the occult teachings , elementals do exists as you described them in the OP.

I do not have a problem in moving completly away from the church. This is because I can now see that some of the ritutals are similar to those of magic but no one in the church will ever understand the elementals or accept their existence.

There have been people such as Eliphas Levi (previous a catholic priest) who have completly move away from their faith and into an entirely new system. The rituals taught by the RC church served them well but were lacking when it came to the questions of the four elements. That aspect is entirely new to someone , with a church background, going into the occult.

edit on 26-12-2015 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-12-2015 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: MerkabaMeditation

Yes.

God can make children of Abraham from a rock. (Matthew 3:9) - Earth
Job caught the Leviathan (Job 41) - water
Satan is the Prince of the power of the air (Ephesians 2:2) - air
Satan, hell and Death all hang out in the lake of fire (Revelations 20:14) - fire

Jesus turns water into wine......thought I'd just add that one for personal envy and all-round awesomeness.

Elementals are, in classical lore, beings more or less synonymous with their respective elements. Your references are better described as poetic license a la "I am the night". Batman is not literally the night, he is just a drama queen who capitalized on theatrical flair. Like deliberately getting crucified for the shock value.

Also, made from rock? We evolved from carbon based life forms, not golems. Poetic license indeed.

edit on 26-12-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join