It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MH17 Ukraine disaster: Dutch report blames missile

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: RogueWave
a reply to: intrptr

Actually, he's right.

Ok, then the Dutch report is wrong.

Did you see the presentation or read the part of the report dealing with the position of the missile?

Nobody knows what angle the missile came from. All the scenarios are proposed.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The Explosions residue was linked to a discontinued
Missile.
This was linked to the Ukraine militants!_

a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: SuperLuminal1

And yet that "discontinued munition" was fired repeatedly by Russian military units last year in exercises.

Although you should read the report more clearly. They didn't specify what model of missile was used, only the series.
edit on 10/13/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion
a reply to: DJW001

I should probably clarify a bit, and also mention that I'm not moderating in this thread, just chiming in as a fellow member (and sorry to come across like a mother hen).

I'm not criticizing speculation, conjecture or debate at all. I was just referring to a pattern I've been seeing of members arguing against what they think other members believe, instead of what they've actually been saying. It's extremely common all over the Internet, not just here, but I still felt obliged to point it out.

I know a lot of us have already gone round and round on the question of Flight MH17, and I appreciate there's a lot of "history" between some of us on it. Even so, I think it's helpful to try not to talk past each other, because I'm seeing a lot of arguments that aren't really arguments when you look more closely.

Are there differing opinions about this report? Obviously. Are there disagreements about what actually happened to MH17? Oh hell yes. But there's nothing wrong with that.

This is ATS.

There will be theories.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

No buks are radar guided missiles.

Wha…?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

The reports photos aren't linkable, some pics already out there are displayed but not addressed, except to state it was found in Ukraine, satellite images are google, lots of cgi "images" without links to their source.

SO your saying they took a page out of Russia's handbook?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

Where were the evidence the US said they had?

The United States almost certainly has satellite imagery of missile launchers in rebel controlled areas. If they declassified them, they would blur them a bit as a matter of routine. (Can't reveal our satellites' true capacities after all.) Would you accept blurred satellite images from the NRO as evidence of anything? No? Then what are you complaining about?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: SuperLuminal1

The Explosions residue was linked to a discontinued
Missile.

Discontinued means they aren't manufacturing it anymore, but the RUssian military still uses it in their arsenal as seen here...

And that was from 2013.

And maybe you forgot about this...

Russia does still have the BUK 9M38 in their military arsenal.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

The United States almost certainly has satellite imagery of missile launchers in rebel controlled areas.

US intelligence monitors all missile launch signatures in the region (with laser precision). If they aren't forthcoming its because they know the Ukrainians are responsible and are covering that up. After all the US is on the Kievian's side…

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

You can't detect a SAM launch from orbit. They monitor for ballistic missile launches in that area. You can't detect an IR signature the size of a SAM motor from orbit.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

What I mean is that they showed it coming from below and then exploding above it.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

And if they produced satellite images of BUK launchers in rebel controlled territory? These images exist, you know. They will be featured as evidence in the criminal investigation. Will you accept that evidence when it is presented?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Who said from orbit?

They got these laser targeting and tracking platforms these days for every kind of air, sea and land missile threat. There are ship based, air platform and mobile ground laser platforms that detect and track missiles quite well.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

They got these laser targeting and tracking platforms these days for every kind of air, sea and land missile threat. There are ship based, air platform and mobile ground laser platforms that detect and track missiles quite well.

If you had read the report, you would know that the two AWACS planes, over Poland and Romania, were out of range.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

And if they had them, it would have to be in range. You should be able to provide proof beyond "because I say so" that they exist, were in the Ukraine at the time, and within range.

Otherwise you're making it up as you go.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

And if they produced satellite images of BUK launchers in rebel controlled territory? These images exist, you know. They will be featured as evidence in the criminal investigation. Will you accept that evidence when it is presented?

I thought this long awaited report would answer all? Oh, whoops…

US satellite evidence is missing, you're right. I told you earlier, don't hold your breath. The real criminals are covering things up. Besides, BUK launchers are mobile for a reason… here today, gone tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

More like you're covering it up as you go. How would you know either way?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Whatever.
edit on 10/13/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I thought this long awaited report would answer all? Oh, whoops…

It determined the how. Another investigation will establish the who.

US satellite evidence is missing, you're right. I told you earlier, don't hold your breath. The real criminals are covering things up. Besides, BUK launchers are mobile for a reason… here today, gone tomorrow.

The US satellite evidence is relevant to the who, not the how. Thank you for admitting the real criminals have been covering up. The Donetsk Nazis have been lying since day one.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join