It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters gather to hold anti-Islam rally outside Phoenix mosque

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

The organizer of this rally said Nazi groups came in there and he kicked them out. Of course you kicked them out, Nazi groups would actually expose you all to be the true bunch of bigots you are, and you most certainly don't want that. In no way were the Nazi groups kicked out for their bigotry really, this is an image thing, for sure.

bigotry |ˈbigətrē|
noun
intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself: the difficulties of combating prejudice and bigotry.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
You finally found evidence of guns at the rallies! I am not shocked they were there at all....you simply did not have any evidence of there being any for 11 pages of posts.

I said it earlier in the thread....protests don't really do anything. These were perfect evidence of that. Just non-stories with non-players in a non-issue because nobody cares as shown by the turnouts.

Enjoy the rest of your thread.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

You finally found evidence of guns at the rallies! I am not shocked

It was fairly obvious from the start there would have been protesters carrying assault weapons. You attempted to derail the thread by arguing there's nothing indicating the sort, when there was. Are you going to admit you were wrong? No.

Move along now.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
At least some good came out of this.

Lonely anti-Muslim protester greeted lovingly with hugs and invitation to learn about Islam — and she does

www.rawstory.com...

Ohio woman who was the only one to show up at a local mosque to protest against the Islamic faith was greeted by counter-protesters and members of the mosque who gave her hugs and extended an invitation to enter to learn more about Islam — which she accepted

There's still hope in getting through to people.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

You know I am sure there are parts of your culture I would find more disturbing than people owning guns.

Protesting is a nice way for my fellow Americans to let the Muslim practitioners know that though we tolerate their religion we will not ever submit to it. I look at other disarmed western nations and see a # storm brewing. From England to Germany the Islamic faith has gotten a government backed foot hold and it won't be long untill the native culture is subjugated. So where ever you are from enjoy it in its disarmed glory while you can because when you are praying to Allah and fasting for Ramadan us gun toting redneck Americans will still be enjoying our bacon.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I would agree this is harassment if Islam were just a religion but it isn't.
It's clearly a social, political and legal system - and an entire medieval mentality that comes with it,
free of charge..
The world Islam means submission.
I can't reconcile that with our Western ideals of freedom, sorry.
It's begging for a collision of culture and values.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Off topic and way left field, but i"m going to be in Phoenix on Halloween for a fairly high profile concert (TOOL,!,Primus,!,Coheed!) and ever since i booked my flight, i'v had multiple dreams of some sort of mass violence going down there...now i see flames being stoked and bears being poked.

Kinda Cool!

But not really.

Anyway, reminded me of a possible tie in to my paranoid delusions of chaos at my dream concert, so i figured i'd mentioned it.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Actually, there's something good about this protest. Out of 1.5 million people in Phoenix, only 120 showed up for the rally. That shows me the overwhelming majority of people on Phoenix don't support this crap. And this was the protest march that had the most people.

Anti-Islam protest at Arizona mosque

Many of the other cities' protests barely saw anyone at all. In fact, here's one of the "protests". A single protester showed up. At first she scolded the Muslims who approached her. But by the 45 min mark, she walks with the Muslims to go inside the mosque. She's greeted by cheers and applause by the Muslims when she finally entered the mosque at the 47:17 mark. Priceless.

EDIT: Doh! Didn't notice your link on this page. Well, I linked the actual video so

edit on 14-10-2015 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

It's clearly a social, political and legal system - and an entire medieval mentality that comes with it,
free of charge..

So you think Muhammad Ali, Dave Chappelle, Dr. Oz and Busta Rhymes have a medieval mentality?

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
A polar bear wills stalk you for miles silently, and you won't even know what hit you with it kills you with one paw swipe. They're terrifying...

We have the same problem in New Jersey. They call it the mafia.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: Vasa Croe

You finally found evidence of guns at the rallies! I am not shocked

It was fairly obvious from the start there would have been protesters carrying assault weapons. You attempted to derail the thread by arguing there's nothing indicating the sort, when there was. Are you going to admit you were wrong? No.

Move along now.

Was I wrong about there being weapons there, yep. Will you admit you were wrong saying there were weapons there before you knew, and using a story written prior to the protests with a pic from a protest 5 months earlier? Doubt it.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

free of charge..

So you think Muhammad Ali, Dave Chappelle, Dr. Oz and Busta Rhymes have a medieval mentality?

Possible, if they are under the same thought process as a moron like Farrakhan then yes. If not probably not. Depends on what they believe their religion is about. If any religion makes you a better person cool. If any religion tells you killing non believers , sinners, etc is the way to go. Beyond a medieval mentality, you're pretty much a loser.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Except that you've misstated the facts.

I pointed out your glaring error.

Yet, you can't acknowledge your mistake.

Hint: you assume too much.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

My only fact was the irrational conclusions of the Houston Chronicle and the OP. I mentioned nothing else but your faulty logic, which, granted, I assumed you knew something about. But you at least have your little straw man to keep swinging at.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Gryphon66

My only fact was the irrational conclusions of the Houston Chronicle and the OP. I mentioned nothing else but your faulty logic, which, granted, I assumed you knew something about. But you at least have your little straw man to keep swinging at.

There were no irrational conclusions. You want to sound like an authority ... but you're not. It's painfully clear.

For example, as in most of your posts, you don't address the actual issue at hand. You philosphize or offer counter-examples, but you don't address the facts. Just as you do here, you try to make the question about whatever poster you're responding to, because, as in this instance, you're usually wrong on facts.

You're working really hard to imply that "Protesting Islam" is just a generic, non-specific activity. It isn't in this case.

In this case, the so-called "protests" are groups of armed individuals standing outside Muslim religious centers waving guns, shouting obscenities, wearing profane t-shirts and waving profane signs. It is clearly not "merely" a protest ... nor is it directed at what you're working so hard to portray as the abstraction of "Islam."

It is intimate and very personal. It is meant to be. These "protests" are armed groups doing their best to frighten, intimidate and threaten Muslim Americans in front of their own mosques.

You can pretend all day long that isn't what's going on ... but you're merely being not only illogical, but dishonest, as others in this thread have been who admitted that they knew these protests were made up of armed individuals, and yet, spent page after page trying to deny it.

I hate to break to you, but despite your familiarity with philosophical vocabulary ... you're really not very talented with argumentation.

/shrug

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Just as a little aside:

On October 9 and 10, a group calling itself the Global Rally for Humanity plans anti-Islam rallies nationwide. It's a stunning display of prejudice against Muslims.

The is the funniest non-sequitur I've seen in a while, courtesy of the Houston Chronicle. Islam is a religion, not a muslim nor any person.

What? Followers of Islam are called Muslims. An anti-Christianity protest would be a display of prejudice against Christians, right? And an anti-Hinduism protest would be a display of prejudice against Hindus, right?

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reallyfolks

free of charge..

Possible, if they are under the same thought process as a moron like Farrakhan then yes. If not probably not. Depends on what they believe their religion is about. If any religion makes you a better person cool. If any religion tells you killing non believers , sinners, etc is the way to go. Beyond a medieval mentality, you're pretty much a loser.

Have you actually read most religious scriptures in full? I mean the Vedas, Tanakh, Old Testament, or others? And have you read the "enlightened" Western ideologies from the 1800s to current times which call for depopulation, "might makes right", Australia's "breed the color out of them" policy towards the Aboriginals, and similar euphemisms? even look at today's "civilized" ideologies like capitalism, communism, nationalism, & globalization, then look at how many millions of people have been killed over them.

Any lifestyle accepted by humans can be used to help or harm others. There's nothing medieval about that, that's simply human nature.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Just as a little aside:

On October 9 and 10, a group calling itself the Global Rally for Humanity plans anti-Islam rallies nationwide. It's a stunning display of prejudice against Muslims.

The is the funniest non-sequitur I've seen in a while, courtesy of the Houston Chronicle. Islam is a religion, not a muslim nor any person.

What? Followers of Islam are called Muslims. An anti-Christianity protest would be a display of prejudice against Christians, right? And an anti-Hinduism protest would be a display of prejudice against Hindus, right?

You may notice a quite prominent mental disconnect around here in some posts regarding anything Islamic/Muslim/etc.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reallyfolks

free of charge..

Have you actually read most religious scriptures in full? I mean the Vedas, Tanakh, Old Testament, or others? And have you read the "enlightened" Western ideologies from the 1800s to current times which call for depopulation, "might makes right", Australia's "breed the color out of them" policy towards the Aboriginals, and similar euphemisms? even look at today's "civilized" ideologies like capitalism, communism, nationalism, & globalization, then look at how many millions of people have been killed over them.

Any lifestyle accepted by humans can be used to help or harm others. There's nothing medieval about that, that's simply human nature.

That's fine but wasn't the question you asked. Didn't know I was expected to address the other isms

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join