It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK pensioner Karl Andree faces 360 lashes over Saudi wine

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I would agree with you, however, it seems that is not the case.

Many Muslims believe that Sharia Law is above the law of the countries were they reside, and feel like they should not be held to the laws of their host countries.

In the US the big claim is separation of church and state, yet they constantly use religion as an excuse for why they are allowed to skirt the law.

I think if Saudi holds all people, regardless of their religion or beliefs, equal punishment under their law, and we as a country agree that it is fair, then the same should hold true for their citizens on our soil.

There still remains the problem of cruel and inhumane punishments, but I guess they will have to deal that as an ongoing problem.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: whatnext21

Homosexual acts and adultery are illegal and can be subject to severe sanctions.

Lol thats rich,if the man is having an affair nothing happens to him,but god help the woman that filmed him doing it.She gets arrested and charged with defamation.So that law on cheating only applies to the woman as per usual.

www.foxnews.com...

Wahabbism is Islam at its worst.
edit on 13-10-2015 by Dimithae because: fixed link

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Gotta say any country that beats and kills citizens or tourists for breaking the law is pathetic and barbaric IMHO.
Honestly what is accomplished by beating an elderly man? Literally nothing.
Same for killing people.... "Oh yeah killing is so wrong that we're...uh... gonna kill this guy because he killed someone"

Just absurd.

Saudi Arabia has some awful human rights violations and is a pretty messed up place... but their country their law and I'm sure this guy knew that.
Doesn't excuse the cruelty, barbarity and OTT nature of his punishment but it does explain it.

edit on 13/10/15 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Tindalos2013

If I were the Prime Minister of UK, I would call the Saudi hoodlum, and inform kindly of an imminent carpet bombing of Mecca, Riadh and every single of his palacies, if that sentence would be carried out. And that should give a heck of an incentive to reform that 1400 years old Sharia law of theirs.

Second thought: I just realized, Saudis most likely have more air power and all sorts there - so, I'd rather actually nuke them. Its faster and cheaper too.
edit on 13-10-2015 by deckdel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
a reply to: Cynic

What relavance does that have to the Op and a British citizen being arrested for breaking the law in Saudi Arabia?

Simply that we can't break their rules but they can break ours, even when they aren't citizens yet. How f'd up is that??

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Cynic

It must be different in Canada, here in the UK the law applies equally regardless of what the right wing MSN would have you believe.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Saudis can do what they like, as long as the defence contracts keep coming and access to oil. Bastions of democracy and freedom in the region. An apartheid state

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Falcon86

Sharia Law, (peacefully) coming to a city near you.

No....it's not.

Ironic isn't it that the Saudi's are set to head up the UN Council on human rights...and such a good friend and ally of the American Gov.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Many Muslims believe that Sharia Law is above the law of the countries were they reside, and feel like they should not be held to the laws of their host countries.

I once met a guy that was completely convinced he was, in fact, a gerbil. Didn't make it true now did it? People believe all kinds of craziness..

So though some small portion of Muslims may feel this way about Sharia....it bears absolutely no resemblance to REALITY.

Hope that helps.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: deckdel

This has to be one of the most idiotic suggestions I have ever come across.

I can only hope that either you are joking or that you have left your account open and a small child or prankster is posting on your behalf.
edit on 14/10/2015 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: whatnext21

Umm sorry to interrupt but you ever seen someone be whipped so hard flesh comes flying off? That many lashes is a death sentence. he will bleed out and die before its done. Although he was dumb enough to break th elaw he should be dumb enough to get a darwin award for it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join