It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA Director John McCone was apart of a “benign cover-up” of JFK's murder.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   
The Spy Chief Who Lied

By Phillip Shenon

John McCone came to the CIA as an outsider. An industrialist and an engineer by training, he replaced veteran spymaster Allen Dulles as director of central intelligence in November 1961, after John F. Kennedy had forced out Dulles following the CIA’s bungled operation to oust Fidel Castro by invading Cuba’s Bay of Pigs. McCone had one overriding mission: restore order at the besieged CIA. Kennedy hoped his management skills might prevent a future debacle, even if the Californian—mostly a stranger to the clubby, blue-blooded world of the men like Dulles who had always run the spy agency—faced a steep learning curve.

After JFK’s assassination in Dallas in November 1963, President Lyndon Johnson kept McCone in place at the CIA, and the CIA director became an important witness before the Warren Commission, the panel Johnson created to investigate Kennedy’s murder. McCone pledged full cooperation with the commission, which was led by Chief Justice Earl Warren, and testified that the CIA had no evidence to suggest that Lee Harvey Oswald, the assassin, was part of any conspiracy, foreign or domestic. In its final report, the commission came to agree with McCone’s depiction of Oswald, a former Marine and self-proclaimed Marxist, as a delusional lone wolf.

Read more: www.politico.com...

A couple of days after the murder of his brother RFK asked CIA director John McCone "Did one of your guys do it?" The director denied any involvement of CIA operatives but since he was an outsider he wouldn't know exactly.When you consider what has been revealed through the years I think RFK's suspicions of the mob,rouge agents and anti-Castro Cubans was on the mark.We can also not forget that the CIA manipulated the Warren Commission and The House Select Committee and several other probes into the assassinations.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: mike dangerously

And here I thought Bush did it.

George H. W. Bush, son of Prescott Bush.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

JFK's position on Communism/Soviet Union, additionally, his views on the CIA, at the time placed him in a dangerous position. CIA was still quite the 'boys club' at the time, regardless of McCone's 'Washington-Outsider' appearance. McCone wasn't going to rock the boat. Johnson was a dangerous man.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Why the last of the JFK files could embarrass the CIA.

By Bryan Bender

COLLEGE PARK, Md. — Shortly after the 1963 assassination of President John F. Kennedy, Chief Justice Earl Warren, who oversaw the first official inquiry, was asked by a reporter if the full record would be made public.

“Yes, there will come a time,” the chairman of the Warren Commission responded. “But it might not be in your lifetime.”

It will soon be in ours — that is, unless the CIA, FBI or other agencies still holding on to thousands of secret documents from related probes convince the next occupant of the White House otherwise.

A special team of seven archivists and technicians with top-secret security clearances has been set up at the National Archives and Records Administration to process all or portions of 40,000 documents that constitute the final collection of known federal records that might shed light on the events surrounding JFK’s murder, POLITICO has learned — files that, according to law, must be made public by October 2017.

Read more: www.politico.com...

Y'all can consider this a update the remainder of the records will become available in 2017 unless the next president is convinced otherwise.I didn't know that several records from the other investigations were still classified.

edit on 053131p://0626 by mike dangerously because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   

I hope if we actually get to see what's been classified for
so long. That it some how has the effect certain elements
must have feared that has kept it classified all this time..

They think they can do this kind of sh!t to us?
They should all be chased thru the streets and lynched.
edit on Ram102115v34201500000032 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Mike-

I knew that records remained classified, and I believe the nature of certain records were in regard to the 'other' investigations, which, I think, indicated a second shooter, in addition to LHO.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Cosmic911

Most certainly Comic911,I believe that these files also contain specific people involved in the plot and it's nature.It's not just about sources and methods.It's about protecting the institution.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: mike dangerously

Most certainly Comic911,I believe that these files also contain specific people involved in the plot and it's nature.It's not just about sources and methods. It's about protecting the institution.

I agree 100% with this. The 'institutions' we're talking about include Washington insiders Vice-President Johnson, Secretary of Defense Robert McNamara, DCI Allen Dulles, FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover, George H.W. Bush, etc, etc. These names are just the tip of the iceberg. This list doesn't even include all the power brokers hidden away in the private sector, including banking and finance. These 'institutions' are part of an elite Washington machine, that no single man, whatever station or rank, will bring down. It's too out of control to contain, not to mention too well-funded, rich and powerful. Kennedy tried to 'take it on' and look at what happened to him. Robert tried and shared a similar fate. Oddly enough, Ted was the was smartest brother and left the machine well. Ted knew well enough not to poke sleeping bears.

During his farewell presidential speech, President Eisenhower warned the nation about "sought or unsought unwarranted influence." However, strong anti-liberal/anti-libertarian supporters refute this speech, quiet out-right deny the existence of the Military-Industrial Complex (MIC), and reply that Eisenhower would never support their anti-defense and political policies.

Eisenhower would be rolling in his grave.

Ike's Misinterpreted Farewell Address

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

There are more angles to the JFK conspiracy theory that any other CT i have ever come across.

Nobody has ever taken in all (and i mean everything) the info and done a proper evaluation and analysis and compare all data to come to a comprehensive logical conclusion...

Why i wonder? surely the data is there for the taking, is it simply too much to handle? i doubt it! I do wish it woud come to pass one day though!

The reason i state all this is because i am quite ashamed to admit that i have no clue as to WTF went down that day! Worse, i dont know which story to believe anymore! i cant even google it cos its become so disinformed!

anyone has anything to say in regards to this?? please!

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

I think if, and when, the Warren Commission becomes available to the public, in its entirety, we will have more of an idea what occurred that day. It might be that the report is too scathing to too many influential people to ever be revealed. Given the immensity of all that led up to, and including the assassination itself, we might NEVER know. The secret will die with each member of the commission, and the conspirators. Sad, really, but a constant reminder of who is in control of this country.

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Since I have exceeded the time limit to which I can edit my post, I'll just make a new post instead of editing a previous post. Geesh, hahaha.

I mentioned the Military-Industrial Complex (MIC), and you mentioned the institution, very much the same circle of friends. Since I haven't figured out how to imbed a pic into a post, I'll have to painfully explain a pic I have in mind. Quite simply, imagine a pic in which George Bush, Dick Cheney, and Donald Rumsfeld are sitting next each other; All are in expensive-looking suits, and all have crooked and smug smiles on their faces. It's men like The backgrounds of men like Bush, Cheney, and Rumsfeld are typical of the types comprising the powerhouse figures in Washington; men of influence and power. These men remain in key positions in both private and political positions for decades, mingling their careers to optimize their foothold) in the most powerful offices on Capitol Hill.

Here's a brief snapshot of these three men...

Donald Henry Rumsfeld (born July 9, 1932) Politician and businessman. Rumsfeld served as the 13th Secretary of Defense from 1975 to 1977 under President Gerald Ford, and as the 21st Secretary of Defense from 2001 to 2006 under President George W. Bush. Was a four-term U.S. Congressman from Illinois (1962–1969), Director of the Office of Economic Opportunity (1969–1970), Counsellor to the President (1969–1973), the United States Permanent Representative to NATO (1973–1974), and White House Chief of Staff (1974–1975).

Rumsfeld attended Princeton University, graduating in 1954 with a degree in political science. (Meets Frank Carcluci) After serving in the Navy, he mounted a campaign for Congress in Illinois' 13th Congressional District, winning in 1962 at the age of 30. (Retires as Capt in '89) He was a leading co-sponsor of the Freedom of Information Act. Rumsfeld reluctantly accepted an appointment by President Richard Nixon to head the Office of Economic Opportunity in 1969; appointed Counsellor by Nixon and entitled to Cabinet-level status, he would also head up the Economic Stabilization Program before being appointed Ambassador to NATO. Called back to Washington in August 1974, Rumsfeld was appointed Chief of Staff by President Ford, and soon successfully urged Ford to veto an expansion of the Freedom of Information Act, though the veto was easily overridden. Rumsfeld recruited a young one-time staffer of his, Dick Cheney, to succeed him when Ford nominated him Secretary of Defense in 1975.

Rumsfeld returned to private business life and was named president and CEO of the pharmaceutical corporation G. D. Searle & Company, during which time he led the legalization of Aspartame. He was later named CEO of General Instrument from 1990 to 1993, and chairman of Gilead Sciences from 1997 to 2001.

Richard Bruce "Dick" Cheney (born January 30, 1941) Politician and businessman who was the 46th Vice President of the United States from 2001 to 2009, under President George W. Bush.

He attended Yale, then the University of Wyoming, where he earned a BA and an MA in Political Science. He began his political career as an intern for Congressman William A. Steiger, eventually working his way into the White House during the Nixon and Ford administrations, where he later served as the White House Chief of Staff, from 1975 to 1977. In 1978, Cheney was elected to the U.S. House of Representatives representing Wyoming's At-large congressional district from 1979 to 1989; he was reelected five times, briefly serving as House Minority Whip in 1989. Cheney was selected to be the Secretary of Defense during the Presidency of George H. W. Bush, holding the position for the majority of Bush's term from 1989 to 1993. During his time in the Department of Defense, Cheney oversaw the 1991 Operation Desert Storm, among other actions. Out of office during the Clinton administration, Cheney was the Chairman and CEO of Halliburton Company from 1995 to 2000.

In July 2000, Cheney was chosen by presumptive Republican Presidential nominee George W. Bush as his running mate in the 2000 Presidential election. They defeated their Democratic opponents, incumbent Vice President Al Gore and Senator Joe Lieberman. In 2004 Cheney was reelected to his second term as Vice President, defeating Senator John Kerry's running mate, Senator John Edwards. During Cheney's tenure as Vice President, he played a lead behind-the-scenes role in Bush Administration's response to the September 11 attacks and coordination of the Global War on Terrorism. He was an early proponent of the Iraq War and defender of the Administration's record on terrorism. Cheney was often criticized for the Bush Administration's policies regarding the War on Terror, NSA Wiretapping and so-called "enhanced interrogation techniques.

He has been cited as the most powerful Vice President in American.

These are just two figures in the cog of the machine of the Institution that you and I refer to. There are perhaps thousands of similar men with like backgrounds controlling politics, banking, private business, and thus, the world. These men enter politics, leave to enter private organizations, establish relationships there, then retreat back to government and politics to pursue lucrative agendas. They often have connections, if not positions, in intelligence agencies. These are the types of men that could have pulled off a coup, like the type that took the life of JFK in 1963.

top topics

join