It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Panic as rockets hit Russian embassy in Damascus

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Same thoughts, the Russians are experts with conspiracy theories.

Pravda and Sorcha Faal are usually only about two sentences apart.

edit on 13-10-2015 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tjoran

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: Tjoran

I find this post highly immature, illogical, and honestly a little sociopathic........

Make's sense considering I'm diagnosed as such. (ASPD)

Makes sense, well thats not something you can cure, however not all sociopaths lack the ability to want good things to happen to people

SO how do you get to that stage yourself? thats the question

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Same thoughts, the Russians are experts with conspiracy theories.

Pravda and Sorcha Faal are usually only about two sentences apart.

The Russians have had many many years to perfect their asymmetrical warfare, both through the internet and espionage

this whole thing is not what it seems with Russia, and the world is going to find out in a big way I fear

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: DeathSlayer

That's inaccurate Russia has not made more head way, Russia should be preparing for a long drawn out war as the Middle East always is, and furthermore I'm not surprised they are being attacked as they are waging war and supporting Assad which the majority of Syria does not support, so they've taken a hardline position as opposed to the American position, which gives it the appearance of large headway.

Of course.....you could be right.... this is the other side BUT it would not take a genius to rethink this and it would be perfect timing to lay blame on the U.S. Do not forget that there are two new players in this game, both of them sworn enemies of the United States.

Putin strengthening world wide support for his plans and showing how devious the U.S. is in this war.

It would be a good strategy for the Russians.

To be fair, It doesn't take much to shed light on the US's less moral practices. I would even say most people already went in not to pleased with the way the US has been acting. As a Canadian I'm expected to support my neighbors, but I prefer Putin. At least he's honest and forthright..

hell why not, Putin for prime minister 2015!

I've always loved Canada but you sure ruined it for me! Putin honest and forthright? You've been watching too much RT.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I just like war. I figure most people would indeed disagree with me. What I am is what society has turned me into. I have spent the last 18 years of my life doing nothing but reading articles, Comments, posts and peoples opinions online. Watching the gruesome carnage videos people post. You can't begin to understand the effects that has on someone. The thing's i have seen, The thing's i have read, the things people do - I want the entire human race to go extinct because we don't deserve to live any more, Not the way we continue to do things, Or the way to continue to treat each other because they are diffrent, Or strange, Or simply come from a different part of the planet.

Please, talk to your parents or someone that can find you some help! That is not a healthy response.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
This is likely just local insurgents within Damascus. It could be Al Nursa or Al Quida but, then it likely would have been far worse of an attack. And very unlikely to be ISIS as the Russians and ISIS are avoiding fighting each other at the moment. Best guess it is a message from people within the city letting the rebels outside know they are willing to get in the fight.

Al Nursa has called for retaliation and the focus to be against the Alawites. As this is why the Russians are there. The Alawites were Assad only loyal group in Syrian and they have been heavily conscripted suffering terrible casualties as the Alawites are always put in the fighting because of no trust in the rest of the army. When the rebels began attacking there lands, Assad sent no help. The Alawites began to feel betrayed. Protests sprang up. Alawites refused to report to the Army for duty and instead started forming local militias. As the Alawites look likely to be deserting Assad Russia had to act or Assad would be done overnight. Even with Iran and Hezbollah their simply would not be enough loyal soldiers left without the Alawites. So this has been where the Russian are focused. ISIS is no where near Alawite territory so Russia is not attacking them. They are attacking all the other rebels making them a target for Assads allies and ISIS. Although as the rebels are pulling out ISIS is moving in. So sooner or later, unless Russia cuts a deal with ISIS they are going to have to finally deal with them.
edit on 13-10-2015 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xarian6
One has to wonder if those shells came from the 50 tons of supplies the US just dropped.

that.. would be bad.

Would be an amazing thing. Some of us want a war as the US need's to be put in it's place.

/Doomboner

Did you just make the case American soldiers,men and women need to die as to "put America in its place" that you support and hope that america engages in seriptious activities and can be caught red handed as to justify killing Americans and waging a war.

Just FYI America is a pot of different races different cultures all coming together under one country, so in essence the world is apart of America and America a part of the world.

Also it is clear at times America has sacrificed moral compass for strategic positioning, and for that we are wrong and certainly need to adopt new foreign policy's. Our men and women, our people are great people we do not deserve death and to call for such a thing shows me exactly who you are, and the people who star you and agree with you.

I am an American patriot I love my culture, I also love the west, I will die for either of them. If you want to kill someone or want someone dead come kill me. I disagree wholeheartedly with what you said, that's all I'm going to say about that.

Who made you the spokesperson for the United States of A?

In your one sided, obviously patriotic-hypnotized state.. you say it's not right for American men and women to be bombed or killed...

Yet on the other side of the planet your be-hind obviously hasn't walked foot in, those exact American men and women are bombing excessively over the past decade, "unidentified terrorists", which no doubt splash to the innocent deaths.

Did you hear about the mishap bombing from America the other day? No you probably missed that...

I've seen and heard testimonies, of American soldiers, speak of how sick and disgraced they are at the acts America has commited by its OWN MEN and woman out East. But not you....

America certainly has killed a lot of innocent people. If we go back in our reality of time line here.. remember the atomic bomb? How many Japanese deserved that? Add all the innocence that died by American hands or manufacturing.

Bite your tongue sir, and sober up from your patriotic drunk you've been dosing into your life. Good people DO NOT run America.
Good people do not KILL innocence.

America is part of the Bad and Evil on this planet. Don't come on these boards with crappy-outdated "I'm an American patriot, and I root for our military" bull#. This isn't the 1940's anymore.

This is 2015, and America is still warring in parts of the planet. Mainly for oil/gas resources for PROFIT, that YOU as an American pay for.
Also warring for DRUGS, like opium, while putting people behind bars for LIFE, for the same thing.

So when you wake up from your American-drunk, and you see reality for what it is, you see military as a resource of men and women to do ones bidding...

Then come back to these forums. Otherwise, say hello to Alice for me

Also, I don't agree with the ass hat you responded too, but I obviously didn't agree with your blind faith in America rant.

FYI - I forgot to add... American is NOT the only "pot" of different races/cultures. Almost every country with access to elecreticity is mixed ethnicities and cultures.
edit on 13-10-2015 by Elementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

I just like war. I figure most people would indeed disagree with me. What I am is what society has turned me into. I have spent the last 18 years of my life doing nothing but reading articles, Comments, posts and peoples opinions online. Watching the gruesome carnage videos people post. You can't begin to understand the effects that has on someone. The thing's i have seen, The thing's i have read, the things people do - I want the entire human race to go extinct because we don't deserve to live any more, Not the way we continue to do things, Or the way to continue to treat each other because they are diffrent, Or strange, Or simply come from a different part of the planet.

Please, talk to your parents or someone that can find you some help! That is not a healthy response.

I'm almost 30

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

a reply to: Tjoran

I find this post highly immature, illogical, and honestly a little sociopathic........

Make's sense considering I'm diagnosed as such. (ASPD)

Makes sense, well thats not something you can cure, however not all sociopaths lack the ability to want good things to happen to people

SO how do you get to that stage yourself? thats the question

I wasn't always so.. I don't know, Grim? I'm still not i guess, Just when it comes to humans. Animals on the other hand i am very fond of and do nearly anything to protect and keep happy and healthy. One day I wish to open an animal rescue center for abused animals (by humans the bastards).

Not sure how to multi quote reply so @Elemntalist

Who made you the spokesperson for the United States of A?

In your one sided, obviously patriotic-hypnotized state.. you say it's not right for American men and women to be bombed or killed...

Yet on the other side of the planet your be-hind obviously hasn't walked foot in, those exact American men and women are bombing excessively over the past decade, "unidentified terrorists", which no doubt splash to the innocent deaths.

Did you hear about the mishap bombing from America the other day? No you probably missed that...

I've seen and heard testimonies, of American soldiers, speak of how sick and disgraced they are at the acts America has commited by its OWN MEN and woman out East. But not you....

America certainly has killed a lot of innocent people. If we go back in our reality of time line here.. remember the atomic bomb? How many Japanese deserved that? Add all the innocence that died by American hands or manufacturing.

Bite your tongue sir, and sober up from your patriotic drunk you've been dosing into your life. Good people DO NOT run America.
Good people do not KILL innocence.

America is part of the Bad and Evil on this planet. Don't come on these boards with crappy-outdated "I'm an American patriot, and I root for our military" bull#. This isn't the 1940's anymore.

This is 2015, and America is still warring in parts of the planet. Mainly for oil/gas resources for PROFIT, that YOU as an American pay for.
Also warring for DRUGS, like opium, while putting people behind bars for LIFE, for the same thing.

So when you wake up from your American-drunk, and you see reality for what it is, you see military as a resource of men and women to do ones bidding...

Then come back to these forums. Otherwise, say hello to Alice for me

Also, I don't agree with the ass hat you responded too, but I obviously didn't agree with your blind faith in America rant.

FYI - I forgot to add... American is NOT the only "pot" of different races/cultures. Almost every country with access to elecreticity is mixed ethnicities and cultures.

Thank you. I find this attitude often when speaking to Americans, Not all of them obviously - But the ones who are self absorbed in there own country and haven't a clue or ability to grasp whats going outside there own country. There media is on par with the NK propaganda that doesn't help the situation.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

Because HE isn't the only one to whom it's RATHER obvious.
And I'm not a simple man.
I'm a former army 19 D Scout.
I know a tad MORE than the average joe who sweeps the net from other scouts and military buddies who aren't fortunate enough to have joined the Cav but I LIKE to be inclusive.
edit on 13-10-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   

The Russians have had many many years to perfect their asymmetrical warfare, both through the internet and espionage

this whole thing is not what it seems with Russia, and the world is going to find out in a big way I fear

Indeed, with a hand from the White House.
Interesting times for sure.

The snowball PR job the media has done with Putin,
people think he is a strong teddy bear. And I recall
that moment when Obama granted him his "flexibility".

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: brace22

Oh please. How do people not remember that Putin is a monster?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
And somehow this is a surprise?
A result of Russia poking the bee's nest.
I agree with the above poster ,unless Russia goes all-in Blitz style
I can see a decade or more involvement inevitably including Israel.
edit on 13-10-2015 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

It was al-nusra. Their leader also said that all Syrians should rise up to kill Russian soldiers and civilians for destroying their land then offered a $3 million bounty to anyone who could kill Assad. $2 million for Hezbollahs leader.

You're doing great Russia! No. I was kidding. They're doing terrible, weakening themselves further, and have done nothing to prevent the advancement upon Assad.

When are people going to learn that these people in the mid east want to kill each other and no change in government or meeting of leaders will ever change that. They hate each other. Every country in the world can bomb the place to hell and it will definitely not stop people from hating each other. Just let them fight it out and let's get it over with. It sucks, but it's true. A bunch of people are going to have to die for this thing to be settled. So many people that there won't hardly be any people left to hate.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Russia has more right to bomb Syria than America or NATO. The legitimate Syrian government is one of Russia's closest allies. I think sometimes Americans forget after the 9/11 false flag, subsequent freedom sucking legislation that brought us all Homeland security, the TSA and the Snowden revelations and lets not forget the killing of hundreds of thousands of innocents including Americans in an unjust phony war on "terrorism" spanning the entire globe that only Hitler could be jealous of......

WE HAVE NO right to be over there in the first place or have any say. We have been arming different factions of "terrorists" for decades. Who are "rebels" and who are "terrorists" are only defined by tightly controlled US media who have already been given the story line.

America has become a predator, a conqueror, a nation who has forsaken it's core values and replaced them with corporate and political greed on a scale that this world has never seen. Tend to your own business before you accuse Russia of anything.....
edit on 14-10-2015 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Why would you fear it ?

I think keeping things the way they are is certainly a problem, that so many fight to keep things as they are, is even worse.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy
a reply to: brace22

Oh please. How do people not remember that Putin is a monster?

Because in comparison with a so-called "good guys" it is bat**** stupid looking, from every angle!

Lets do a body count and decide for ourselves!

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xarian6
One has to wonder if those shells came from the 50 tons of supplies the US just dropped.

that.. would be bad.

Would be an amazing thing. Some of us want a war as the US need's to be put in it's place.

/Doomboner

Did you just make the case American soldiers,men and women need to die as to "put America in its place" that you support and hope that america engages in seriptious activities and can be caught red handed as to justify killing Americans and waging a war.

Just FYI America is a pot of different races different cultures all coming together under one country, so in essence the world is apart of America and America a part of the world.

Also it is clear at times America has sacrificed moral compass for strategic positioning, and for that we are wrong and certainly need to adopt new foreign policy's. Our men and women, our people are great people we do not deserve death and to call for such a thing shows me exactly who you are, and the people who star you and agree with you.

I am an American patriot I love my culture, I also love the west, I will die for either of them. If you want to kill someone or want someone dead come kill me. I disagree wholeheartedly with what you said, that's all I'm going to say about that.

Originally, I wasn't going to post in this thread because it regressed into yet another ... nevermind. But this post & your posts on page 2 compelled me.

Ironically, what you're describing is one part of Shaytan's path in my religion. He had no problems with God's other creatures, just with Adam. He refused to bow to Adam, was sentenced to Hell, then begged for a temporary reprieve. When given the reprieve, he vowed to corrupt mankind & lead as many people away from God as he could until the Day of Judgment. Now he has a furious hatred for all of mankind & tries to lead us to destroy ourselves, each other, & God's other creations.

It's kind of sad to see people like that because I once followed that path too. But it took many great people & incredible events to get me to understand the beauty in the human creation (plus God repeatedly chastised me & stopped me in humorous ways until I gave up). Anyway, if you only obsess over the flaws, of course you'll think we're all tainted. Perhaps you should try focusing on the positive things instead?

As for the OP: It was only a matter of time before some "rebels/mercs" fought back against Russia. I don't think it will matter much in the long run because Russia had to have expected this would happen. However, if the attacks on the embassy were like the attacks I'm about to link, all bets are off.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

So this constitutes an attack on Russian soil does it not?

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Let's. Show me the data.

Also, I don't need to make comparisons with anyone to know that Putin is a monster. The lesser of the two evil arguments doesn't work for me.
edit on 14-10-2015 by BrokedownChevy because: Because putin is evil and there's no point in arguing that

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join