It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my new horror comic book

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   

This is 2 random pages out of my new horror comic. I've been working on this one for awhile now I'm just putting out two pages in development to not only share but also collect feedback on what you all see. A little context, its about a shapeshifting thing that used to be a human junkie that is back from the dead. I dont want to say alot more about the story because I dont want to ruin the story if i keep moving this forward. I hope you horror and comic fans like what you see.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I'll post more pages in varying degrees of completion some with final text and some not, some in color some in sketches, some half or more complete, later on.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Looks badass, hard to read the text from your pics.

Great illustrations

edit on 13-10-2015 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz
I dont want much of it read quite yet, I'm still developing it. Its something different and scary though.., thanks for checking it out!

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I love horror and love comics. Horror is my favorite genre.

Your illustrations are rad. Perhaps...too rad. Might be rather difficult maintaining that much time investment in each illustration and keeping a series going.
edit on 13-10-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Dude.

It is GREAT to see someone creating a comic book, where the focus is on the image quality, rather than the speed of production, or some other business concern. This is the art, the very fabric of what comic books are all about for me, and I love it. I want to see more of it. Yesterday. Keep it up!

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
Its a hobby so I know it is taking awhile, what I didn't tell you guys is how far along I am already into for 😊 but I'm a good chunk in it and am pretty much just finishing the pages at my leisure. Thanks for checking it out though.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

The images are important, I'm making this book kind of like a silent film from the erly 20th century. This will be my 3rd book and by far my favorite. The story is focused but I want it to have that dark gritty horror feel at the same time. I want people to see exactly what I see. Thanks for checking it out dude, also these are all done by hand so far I haven't even gotten to digitally touch things up yet that's when things will get wilder. Thus far its all airbrush, pen and ink, charcoal, and acrylic paint.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
LOVE Horror, and Comics.

Those drawings are really good, I'd read this comic on those pictures alone

You're talented.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Great artwork, awesome job.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: valiant
Here's an early image of the opening page still in pencil mostly

Very early on
edit on 13-10-2015 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

That looks awesome, really good job.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Thanks dude! I like getting feedback from people that like this sort of thing. It makes me better at it, I think one day in the near future I may try and do this part time on my own for a partial living, I just don't know the audience or what people want to see or read. I still got a long way to go.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Brotherman!!!

That is comics the way they should be done. As TrueBrit said, art. And passion I would add. The coloring looks incredible. I'm on my phone and can't read much of it, but the art has me drawn in. Even the penciling on the first pages is unique and that is a good thing! Keep it up. Keep us informed. Maybe u2u those interested (like me
once you're happy with it and tell us how we can obtain it.

ETA: Once completed, if you want to take it to the people, local comics conventions are a great place. The smaller ones, not like SDCC or NYCC...there are a lot of people out there seeking just what you are creating...it's a great way to be seen and get your name out there if interested in doing it for a partial living.
edit on 13-10-2015 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear
I sent you a u2u

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I think you're well on your way to be at a place where you can do this part time! just keep at it, and keep us informed, your art style is great!

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Just for you, I'm posting the page I'm penciling in now. Its a bitch following your own script its like I'm always rebellious but damn its tempting to break even my own rules

Link
edit on 13-10-2015 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
1985 ... my year of birth

What do they say about rules? they're made to be broken

That must be a double hard job though, writing and doing the art, i'd be changing my mind too much and never finish a thing.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Some people are not meant for total freedom without restrictions'. That's what a comic book is to me, absolute freedom and I'm my only boss, and I ot something to say

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I'm stoked I gave the comic as it is so far to the guy that sponsors me with airbrushing, he's kind of a mentor as well. He is going to back me on bringing this to completion and then try to not only publish but also use it to help promote his product. He gives me almost all my paints and markers and apparently I'm the first to use his stuff for comic books and he loves it. Its all on me now.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join