It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can one be a 9-11 truther and a gun grabber?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Is it possible to be a 9-11 truther(one who believes that the US government was behind 9-11). But still believe that the civilian population shouldn't bear arms?

If so, what is the rational behind opinions, that on the surface, appear to be at odds with each other

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Yes, both are just crazy.

Can you expound on how these two things are at all related? I'm not seeing a connection.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: thinline

of course. just like you can be a high ranking official in the vatican and a servent of gOD and also be a pedophile

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

Can you expound on how these two things are at all related? I'm not seeing a connection.

It is my thoughts the OP is correct. If you believe the government would be so tyrannical to either fake or cause this to happen , then you would , by nature, be a pro gun advocate. Thats what the 2nd Amendment is really all about. The people could defend themselves from the tyrannical government proclaimed by the "truthers".

edit on 12-10-2015 by Gothmog because: well , spell

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

Alex Jones.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   

I don't get it, someone will be for or against both or a mixture of both.

Lets see...

If i hate the government, thus staged 9/11 or had some involvement, and also a gun owner. i will be Truther and Pro Gun.

If i love the government then, because i was a bush fanboy/Republican, thus deny the government had anything to do with 9/11 but also a gun owner. I will be Non truther and ProGun.

If i hate the government, thus staged 9/11 or had some involvement, and also see the gun are out of control. I will be Truther and Anti-Gun.

If i love the government now, cause i am Democrate/King Obama supporter and also see the gun are out of control. I will be Truther/Anti-Truther(depending on whether you liked bush) and Anti-Gun.

I think i covered all!

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Maybe you just dont see guns as a solution to anything. Quite simple.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Maybe your ideas of "9/11 Truthers" and "gun grabbers" are simply distorted? I don't believe the 9/11 official story for a multitude of reasons. I also don't think large amounts of Americans should have guns. The 2 aren't related.

I don't trust the Council on Foreign Relations, most Zionists, neoconservatives, or the powerbrokers in DC. I believe they would readily sacrifice people in order to fulfill their goals. That doesn't mean I believe in, want, expect, or fear an eventual armed showdown with the government.

Also, I don't think child abusers, women beaters, members of gangs & organized crime groups, sex offenders, violent drunks, alcoholics, drug addicts, hate groups, or people with histories of mental illness should be armed. Or at the least, there should be much stricter laws on gun ownership for people found to fit these categories. And people convicted of violent crimes or sex crimes should have their right to have guns stripped from them. After all, many convicts can have their right to vote stripped from them.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

Maybe you just dont see guns as a solution to anything. Quite simple.

What ? I have a CC permit and have had to "bare" arms twice in my life .

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
But interesting op none the less. We as humans are riddled with conflicting opinions...at least on a surface.

For instance...i am against the AGW theory...yet i'm full on going green.

Also, im not a religious man, but i dont put my faith in science entirely.

Yet i exist.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   

I didnt mean you...i meant some people.

Edit: in response to op topic...
edit on 13-10-2015 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   

As opposed to being a 911 liar and giving away free guns?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

I only take free beer

Kind of, if the government is lying about 9-11 and giving free guns to the Mexican drug cartels. Why would you give up your personal protection?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

They are very related

Every government falls in time.

Who gets to decide the definitions? Would you consider General Grant to be a violent drunk? Some of #blacklifesmatter call for killing of cops, are they a hate group? Would gay guys who were charged with sodomy back in the day, not be allowed to own guns or since sodomy isn't considered a sex offence anymore, would they be allowed their guns back? How about transgender, I have never read a study where psychological counseling wasn't recommended? Your a senior in high school and you date a freshmen, should you have your guns taken from you? Some say spanking is child abuse? Should everyone who spanked a kid not have a gun?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

That's a lot to answer. I'll try to anyway.

Who gets to decide the definitions?

The same people who decide right now. Isn't that the whole reason we have a criminal justice system?

Would you consider General Grant to be a violent drunk?

Clearly he was. Though he was also in the military. Miltaries are always allowed to have guns. That's kind of the point, isn't it?

Some of #blacklifesmatter call for killing of cops, are they a hate group?

No, but those individuals are. An organization isn't defined by the actions of every one of its members or sympathizers. Otherwise, even the police would be a hate group since there are many police nationally who get punished for blatant racism.

Also, any individual who makes violent threats is committing a crime. They can be arrested & imprisoned for that. Many convicts are already stripped of their right to vote, so how would this be any different?

Would gay guys who were charged with sodomy back in the day, not be allowed to own guns or since sodomy isn't considered a sex offence anymore, would they be allowed their guns back?

In States where it was a crime, they were treated as sex offenders & criminals. so they would've had their guns taken. But in States where it wasn't a crime, they wouldn't. However now that the laws have thankfully changed, they would get their right to guns back.

Isn't that how it works now? Once something's no longer a crime, the people convicted are often released & have their records cleared of the former crime. If marijuana/cannabis becomes completely legal tomorrow, wouldn't there be calls to release people tried & convicted under anti-cannabis laws? and to clear their records?

How about transgender, I have never read a study where psychological counseling wasn't recommended?

What does being transgender have to do with what I said? Being transgender itself wasn't a crime & has nothing to do with being a sex offender. That's a false argument.

Your a senior in high school and you date a freshmen, should you have your guns taken from you?

That depends. Statutory rape is a murky area because different States have different laws about it. In some States, those teens can get married if she gets pregnant, if they have parental consent, or if they are within a certain amount of years in age. In other States, it's illegal and is very strict (like one of them has to be no younger than 17).

In other words, isn't that the whole point in State's Rights? Their leadership gets to decide the details on these things, not me.

Some say spanking is child abuse? Should everyone who spanked a kid not have a gun?

Once again, that depends on the state, city, and county. Different jurisdictions have different laws. If a person can be arrested & imprisoned for it right now, is it not a crime? Convicted criminals can be stripped of their right to vote in some jurisdictions. So why is it ok to let them keep their guns but not be able to vote? That seems backwards. Society trusts a convict to legally be able to get a weapon specifically designed for killing people, but doesn't trust them enough to voice their opinion in society by voting?

new topics

top topics

join