It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Toddlers See Cloaked Alien Ships?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DumpMaster

Reminds me of the TV show "Whispers".

If he starts playing with a special friend that has amazing talents that no one else can see or hear, maybe.......

I know that there are light spectrums that we can't see in, and I know that it is so very easy to trick the eye.

Imagine how easy it is to make something invisible on our normal light spectrum. All you have to do is cover it in reflective material. You will see everything around the object, but not the object. It will become invisible to you.

So maybe what he is seeing, is just something strange from his visual point of view, but unnoticeable from yours.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Depending on the type of cloaking, I'm assuming you mean visible wavelengths, " invisible" craft, large and small, insects, people, are vulnerable to being seen at close range when moving. Seen triangles many times at treetop level streaking across the sky completely visible even though the cloak was active. Only sound was a very slight ffffttt sound as it passed overhead. High contrast lighting situations also allow movement to be seen of cloaked things. I guess nothing is absolutely perfect

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I have the ability to cloak myself if I look at myself long enough... I disappear!

Who else can do that?

I say myself but really only ever been able to makes my hands disappear...

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

He may be seeing those 'eye floaters', that you sometimes catch in your eye fluid. You know, the ones that when you try to look at them they dart off to the left or right of your eye, but then you look straight and you can see them again?
edit on 13-10-2015 by IlluminatiTechnician because: cause

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
My toddler does the same thing and I've wondered this myself. He certainly believes he's seeing something that's for sure.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I definitely think there's something to be said about young childrens' visual perception. I tend to agree with the view that children have a pure, unconditioned mind capable of this. As adults we've lost that capability through mass media and society's conditioning.

That being said, when my daughter was about 18 months old, i would lay next to her at bedtime and she would smile and wave to the bedroom ceiling as if someone or something was there. This wasn't every night, but it happened at least 10 times.

Now my daughter's 10 and i've asked her about when she used to do this. Of course, she has no memory of it

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

We have 3 common themes here.

"I have the ability" = YOU

"to cloak myself" = YOU

"I disappear" = YOU

"Who else can do that?" - Again, back to YOU.

This is called "Troxler's fading". Your hands are not really gone, it is just a visual effect like below. The more you want to see (or not see), the greater the effect.

(*Stare at the cross in the middle and notice that the purple dots soon disappear and you are left with nothing but the white dot*)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Boy, you brought on a memory rush.

My niece when she was 2 years old, would laugh, giggle and squeal sometimes, while acting like she was trying to grab something out of the air. It would happen in the day and at night.

One time my cousin was there when this was happening. She said, she is playing with someone. I didn't know what she meant, so I asked her who. She turned on the baby monitor, and she asked, "Who are you?", the monitor squeaked, and I swear it sounded like a tiny child's voice answered. It sounded like it said "Tony".

I didn't know what to make of it, so I let it go. I would though, on occasion, when something went missing, or was off a bit, say out loud, "Tony, that is enough of that." Not sure it helped but it was cathartic.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Imagine how easy it is to make something invisible on our normal light spectrum. All you have to do is cover it in reflective material. You will see everything around the object, but not the object.

This would not be easy. You would see the reflective material wrapped around the object, as (for this to work); the direction of the millions/millions of different light waves (on a minuscule scale), would all have to simultaneously align to the center of your eyesight to achieve the effect, and if you even moved a fraction of a millimeter...the light refraction would be thrown out of alignment and the illusion dissolved.
The only way this would work is if there was some intelligent design (within the cloak technology) that could pinpoint the center of your iris, lock onto it, and intelligently manipulate itself to compensate for movement, yet seamless enough to not actually "reflect" any of it's surroundings. This however, would be a monumental task if there were more than one person looking at the cloaked item, from different points of view.

*Now, what is called the "Black Projects", that is funded in the Military Complex Underground, and cleverly hidden amongst the already plummeting U.S. deficit as a $400.00 shower curtain...(OK a bit obvious, but I saw it myself while in the military), ......I do know how they cloak their [S.T.A.R. Vision (Stealth and Tactical Aerial Reconnaissance) - Night Mission Stealth Vehicles] The "R" initially started out as "Rind" to describe the outer shell cloaking material / and no you won't find it on the internet. These are the large V-shaped aerial vehicles, only shown at night...and for good reason. I can describe the technology with enough requests, and explain why one can look through them and see nothing but stars. It will be some work, but I'll spill it. Don't ask for credentials or anything else, just take it for what it's worth....It's the Internet, you won't know if I am lying or not. Black Projects and those who know of them, worked on them are never advertised. Some never live past their job title, as they know too much. I am also not going to entertain a Q&A session, as I don't care who believes in what. As they say....ask and you shall receive.
edit on 13-10-2015 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

Doesn't work for me. It has something to do with my weirdly developed rods and cones. I can't make the glass in a window, a windshield or a screen disappear either. I can seen through them, but I still see them.

I do get some funny images though when my brain mixes up the images, and all I can see is the negative space around an object, and have to guess at what the object is. It is really weird when it happens, but it never last much longer than about 5 to 10 minutes.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Never heard of that before 'Troxler's Fading'.

Thanks... I now know what its called.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I suppose this may not work for everyone, as there are many factors that can affect ones eyesight. I am guessing that this effect is for those who have, the social standard of 20/20 eyesight. I didn't consider that one lol.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

No criticism. Just sharing that some of us have screwed up vision. Sometimes we see things others don't see and sometimes we don't see at all.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

No criticism. Just sharing that some of us have screwed up vision. Sometimes we see things others don't see and sometimes we don't see at all.

No criticism taken. That was a valid point actually. All visual sciences are based on optimal eyesight, this is why I forgot about those with, less than average eyesight.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

No criticism taken. That was a valid point actually. All visual sciences are based on optimal eyesight, this is why I forgot about those with, less than average eyesight.

And if my eyesight isn't bad enough, I always have them testing and re-calibrating their equipment when they test my hearing.

Most do forget that averages are just those that fit in the middle of the spectrum.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Wow, what a great idea! The sci-fi story pretty much writes itself. But maybe your son has better vision than you and your wife, and occasionally catches a glimpse of a big bird or faraway plane that you can't see. Or, if he's seeing these phantom planes only through windows, could there be reflections? And who knows, maybe they're ghost planes!

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: NDMagoo
Wow, what a great idea! The sci-fi story pretty much writes itself. But maybe your son has better vision than you and your wife, and occasionally catches a glimpse of a big bird or faraway plane that you can't see. Or, if he's seeing these phantom planes only through windows, could there be reflections? And who knows, maybe they're ghost planes!
What about eye floaters? A 2 year old would have no idea what those are, and sometimes they look like they're flying around.

They're quite real, not imaginary, except no two people see the same ones because they are in our eyes.

www.webmd.com...

Eye floaters are small moving spots that appear in your field of vision. They may be especially noticeable when you look at something bright, such as white paper or a blue sky.
So you can see them looking at a blue sky, and what was the toddler looking at? A blue sky? Just a coincidence?

edit on 20151013 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
As much as I'd like to believe that, I don't think that's the case. Maybe it is possible in one way or another, but I have yet to get convinced. I think that most of the time babies (in general) are mistaking objects (both visually and aurally) for other things. The reason as for why I think this is because I have a 2 year old niece who really likes dogs and mistakes objects and sounds (in the distance) at least half of the time for dogs. She sees/hears many objects as dogs, simply because the objects slightly remind her of how a dog visually looks and sounds like. (F.I. a brown vase with 2 handles at the top at a distance of 100 meters behind a window, or a machine making the sound of a barking dog (if you have a big fantasy like her of course).)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Childrens hearing is very,very superior to adults. I don't think there's anything weird going on here.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

i know they say there are no dumb questions but damn i think this is an exception lol kids have wild imaginations just because they look up doesnt mean there is a cloaked klingon warbird!!! seriously people threads like these make the ufo community look like a bunch of idiots!!!
edit on 13-10-2015 by JourneymanWelder because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join