It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In remembrance of the Spaceship Two crash Oct. 31st 2014.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
With all the talk of remnants of aircraft that have crashed and the looming one year anniversary of the incident, I created this plaque for the pieces of Virgin Galactic's Spaceship Two that I collected in the Mojave desert.
The day I was given the opportunity by our gracious host, to collect these artifacts was a memorable day indeed and not one I will soon forget. Just being at the site that someone lost their life was sobering to say the least and I hope that this in some small way can go to honor and remember those that loose their lives in the exploration of thing that have not been done before.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 12-10-2015 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
On the wings of Icarus they challenged the sun, and stars...

...and like Icarus fell back to Earth.

To stop now, in our challenge of the heavens, would make their sacrifice meaningless.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

That was an amazing day, and I'm incredibly grateful for him to take time out of his busy schedule to take us there. Both crash sites were fascinating, and sobering.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Very humbling and very admirable of you to do such a thing.

Big S&F for you.

I hope this accident was not a road-block on our way to such space adventures in the future.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: brace22

A delay is all. The new craft is in assembly now and is mostly complete, with modifications to prevent an accident of this type from happening again.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Great news!

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: brace22

They were hoping to fly by the end of this year but it looks like next year. They're planning to roll it out in January and commercial flights to start in 2017.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Wow! Much sooner than my lack of knowledge brain would of imagined it to be.

I know of the accident but I am not too privy on how far along in development they were. By the sounds of it they were pretty far along the line?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Speak of the devil. They just announced an improved version of the original fuel will be used.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
The parables is strong in this thread....

edit on 13 10 2015 by Hyperia because: added an icon

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

The same trip that got you the F-22 pieces?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

The original fuel as in the SSOne fuel? Or the problematic follow-on fuel for SSTwo which didn't scale well and had mired the project in development hell for nearly a decade?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Crumbles

Yes, Zaph and I had a local guide/historian that took us on an aviation archaeology expedition in search of a recent crash and to an F-22 crash site as well as the SpaceShip Two site all on the same day.
edit on 13-10-2015 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Barnalby

They said "an improved version of the original rubber based fuel" so I assume the fuel used in Spaceship One.

new topics

top topics

join