It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drunk Mac and Cheese kid apologizes (poorly)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
a reply to: payuporgtfo

Do you feel the kid owes you an apology? This is the heart of the issue, IMO. If you do think he owes you a truly genuine apology, can you please explain why? I'm just curious.

Nope. I do think he owes that business an apology though, and I see no problem with that apology being public, doing things in front of potentially thousands or millions of viewers makes him more likely to take it seriously.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Your opinion in itself isn't dangerous, It's only when mass opinions become trends, trends where people who were never directly involved start making it dangerous.
a reply to: Wookiep

And everywhere you turn you can see the handwriting on the wall.

I spoke of this trending in a thread I did about the living generations. We are rapidly slipping away from personal social interactions. We are trending rapidly towards electronic and virtual contacts and communications. We are losing our interpersonal and relationship skills.

Soon we will communicate almost exclusively the way they Issac Asimov foretold; virtually. It may even become illegal for people to gather together in groups. We are becoming less human more rapidly then I thought was possible.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I spoke of this trending in a thread I did about the living generations. We are rapidly slipping away from personal social interactions. We are trending rapidly towards electronic and virtual contacts and communications. We are losing our interpersonal and relationship skills.

Soon we will communicate almost exclusively the way they Issac Asimov foretold; virtually. It may even become illegal for people to gather together in groups. We are becoming less human more rapidly then I thought was possible.

I really like Issac Asimov's fiction but that's all it is. It's not prophesy.....

The people that are becoming less human because of technology are the elite that can afford to withdraw into their ivory tower, gated communities and academic sanctuaries.

In the real world, people still get together in huge groups and interact in both positive and negative manners. That's not going to change into virtual communication because talking monkeys like to tribal up. It's going to take a long time for that archetype to disintegrate in favor of electronics. imo...we're not losing relationship skills but they are changing due to technology.

that mac and cheese kid is going to learn some valuable lessons in communication ethics and how to stem the flow of blood from a broken nose.

I found his "apology" insincere and mocking. His introduction into manhood is rapidly approaching.
edit on 12-10-2015 by olaru12 because: #$%ETH$^&

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Someone needs to edit his original video with the Mac & Cheese song playing.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
*sigh* Now I have this stupid song stuck in my head:

I know what I want for breakfast now.
Mac and cheese with bacon and jalapenos and home brew.
It's going to be one of those days.
Still an hour until sunrise.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I think you under estimate that technology. Even at work they are implementing mass conference calling, so we don't have an excuse for not attending those obligatorily meetings, they are so fond of. They are arranging so we can just call in from wherever we are.

Been to one of those tribal monkey's group meetings lately? They may be in the same physical area with each other, but they are communicating with their electronic devices, more than with each other. In some cases they are communicating with the person that is arms length from them, on a device.

The youngest generation living now, has never known a world without TV or cell phones. We are breeding a whole new personality type, and it is not Earth sensitive.

61 percent of children 8-17 have televisions in their rooms. 35 percent have video games. 14 percent have a DVD player. 4 million will have their own cell phones. They have never known a world without computers and cell phones. Have Eco-fatigue: they are actually tired of hearing about the environment and the many ways we have to save it. With the advent of computers and web based learning, children leave behind toys at younger and younger age. It’s called KGOY-kids growing older younger, .......

edit on 13-10-2015 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Auto correction fix.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

a reply to: Domo1

Alcohol. Often turns good people into A-holes and bad people into monsters.

No it does not.

If a person acts up like this kid, nor alcohol or any other substance is the reason - the reason lies deep in the person within. Give a healthy person alcohol, the will giggle, laugh about unfunny things and sleep like a baby that night. No A-hole or monster coming out, why? Because there is none.

This kid has obvious problems with his self esteem. As everybody can see, he thinks he is better and more worth than the people in his surroundings but because he never got the attention (his mind told him) he deserved his ego went into a defensive mode in which he told him, it’s not true that he is like everybody else, he kept telling him he IS better and deserves MORE - he did this so long until he started believing his lie, until he started to believe lies he was telling himself, until he created his own reality in his mind. A reality which is build upon lies and more lies so he can protect him from other people and of course the biggest enemy - himself.

While being sober the ego is easier to control but as soon (in this case) as alcohol hits the system, the curtain falls. You start seeing yourself as you are and again it comes down to the ego - either you fall to your knees crying, admitting your own mistakes and destroying the reality OR your ego does everything it can to protect yourself and the reality you created and it will do anything thats necessary to defend it.

*enter substance here* is never the reason for a persons behaving, it is always the person’s ego - always. We people tend to blame mind altering substances or mental sickness for our behavior, because guess what, than it wouldn’t be your fault. You can use the old „it was the *enter substance here*“ excuse or „I have a mental sickness, I can’t help it“. But that again, is a lie, it’s again your ego which tries to protect yourself with every means necessary.

Remember that TV producers kid that went on a rampage which went on a rampage? Both of this kids did the exact same thing in their head - this case shows it even better.

Again you have a major problem with self esteem. He always thought all boys want to be him and every girl to be with him. With this thought in his mind he went through life but his ego never got what it needed.

His ego now has to directions it can head either he can face himself and realize you define yourself by your actions not by someone else’s. This will hurt - there is probably nothing that hurts so much, like the realization you are not what you thought you were. The problem is, to head towards this direction you need to be strong, strength you never needed for anything else and since this kid never had to be strong, guess whats gonna happen.

Alone the thought of looking in the mirror without the blurred vision scares the ego so much that it will fight every doubt you have about yourself and start telling yourself lies, lies which leads to constructing your own reality in which you can bend, change and manipulate anything you need to keep up living that lie.

Being strong is hard, being weak is easy. Humans are weak, so they will always take the easy way.

The biggest challenge of the human mind is destroying the ego.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Danowski

a reply to: Domo1

Alcohol. Often turns good people into A-holes and bad people into monsters.

No it does not.

If a person acts up like this kid, nor alcohol or any other substance is the reason - the reason lies deep in the person within. Give a healthy person alcohol, the will giggle, laugh about unfunny things and sleep like a baby that night. No A-hole or monster coming out, why? Because there is none.

This kid has obvious problems with his self esteem. As everybody can see, he thinks he is better and more worth than the people in his surroundings but because he never got the attention (his mind told him) he deserved his ego went into a defensive mode in which he told him, it’s not true that he is like everybody else, he kept telling him he IS better and deserves MORE - he did this so long until he started believing his lie, until he started to believe lies he was telling himself, until he created his own reality in his mind. A reality which is build upon lies and more lies so he can protect him from other people and of course the biggest enemy - himself.

While being sober the ego is easier to control but as soon (in this case) as alcohol hits the system, the curtain falls. You start seeing yourself as you are and again it comes down to the ego - either you fall to your knees crying, admitting your own mistakes and destroying the reality OR your ego does everything it can to protect yourself and the reality you created and it will do anything thats necessary to defend it.

*enter substance here* is never the reason for a persons behaving, it is always the person’s ego - always. We people tend to blame mind altering substances or mental sickness for our behavior, because guess what, than it wouldn’t be your fault. You can use the old „it was the *enter substance here*“ excuse or „I have a mental sickness, I can’t help it“. But that again, is a lie, it’s again your ego which tries to protect yourself with every means necessary.

Remember that TV producers kid that went on a rampage which went on a rampage? Both of this kids did the exact same thing in their head - this case shows it even better.

Again you have a major problem with self esteem. He always thought all boys want to be him and every girl to be with him. With this thought in his mind he went through life but his ego never got what it needed.

His ego now has to directions it can head either he can face himself and realize you define yourself by your actions not by someone else’s. This will hurt - there is probably nothing that hurts so much, like the realization you are not what you thought you were. The problem is, to head towards this direction you need to be strong, strength you never needed for anything else and since this kid never had to be strong, guess whats gonna happen.

Alone the thought of looking in the mirror without the blurred vision scares the ego so much that it will fight every doubt you have about yourself and start telling yourself lies, lies which leads to constructing your own reality in which you can bend, change and manipulate anything you need to keep up living that lie.

Being strong is hard, being weak is easy. Humans are weak, so they will always take the easy way.

The biggest challenge of the human mind is destroying the ego.

Well, if we all spoke what we were thinking, all of the time we would be perceived as a-holes..for example your answer could have been 7 paragraphs shorter and still conveyed the same information(my ego unchecked).
edit on 13-10-2015 by spav5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Oh, here's a heads up...a MystikMushroom tip-o-the-day:

Make Kraft Mac & Cheese, and crunch up regular plain Lay's potato chips into it, along with diced up Lil' Smokies.

Trust me...

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Oh, here's a heads up...a MystikMushroom tip-o-the-day:
Make Kraft Mac & Cheese, and crunch up regular plain Lay's potato chips into it, along with diced up Lil' Smokies.
Trust me...

Perfect example of different stroke for different folks.

I hate boxed, canned or frozen mass produced Mac and Cheese. I love homemade Mac and Cheese. I don't like Lays Potato chips, prefer Cape Cod Kettle Cooked chips. I like Lil' Smokies, but by themselves, not in anything.

I can't think of any food item though that would make it act like that, even if I was drunk and hungry.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join