It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drunk Mac and Cheese kid apologizes (poorly)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I wonder what would have happened if this kid had of been black or Hispanic and acted that way in public.

I suspect it would be a non-issue. If it were an issue, it would be going the other way with everyone claiming the manager was racist or something. We live in bizarro world, and it's not going to get any better the way social media "trends" are going. Sad state of affairs, it's like a messed up freight train no-one can stop.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
a reply to: payuporgtfo

Do you feel the kid owes you an apology? This is the heart of the issue, IMO. If you do think he owes you a truly genuine apology, can you please explain why? I'm just curious.

Have you been drinking?

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

This self-righteous little choad will be a web redemption on TOSH.0 if he's lucky. The original video was more than enough evidence of his true nature. Hopefully beaten wherever he's recognized forever and ever.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: payuporgtfo

Do you feel the kid owes you an apology? This is the heart of the issue, IMO. If you do think he owes you a truly genuine apology, can you please explain why? I'm just curious.

Have you been drinking?

Lol, not yet! Soon!!

I can't force you to answer my question if you are unwilling, but I'll be honest in my answers to your questions.

edit on 12-10-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: payuporgtfo

Have you been drinking?

Lol, not yet! Soon!!

I can't force you to answer my question if you are unwilling, but I'll be honest in my answers to your questions.

What one Earth led you to believe that I wanted an apology?

He honestly seems like a little F%#$ that would benefit from some/(life long) AA.

I don't need an apology
I don't condone his acts
But he reminds me of many other people I knew who turned to be alcoholics. I hope he can find peace, successfully fight his addiction, and join society... maybe even ATS.

Sooooo... whats with the personal questions/attacks?

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

He's not attacking you, he's asking if you think it's necessary for someone that made a mistake to apologize to the entire internet of strangers that aren't actually affected by his actions. Pointing out that social media is a little bizarre and witch hunts happen too frequently. I sort of agree with the point.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

I wasn't making a personal jab at you.. just trying to make a general point regarding social media. For example, you share an opinion about how you're "on the fence" about his apology. That's perfectly fine. But, you were not involved in the incident, so really, why does it matter if the apology was "adequate" enough for you? Unless you felt like the apology was owed to you?

We ALL do this on social media. I'm not directing this at YOU, I'm merely stating how dangerous social media has become. No-one owes ME or ANYONE an apology when their actions never directly affected me, or you personally. There ARE things that need to be addressed, but mass public shaming over petty BS are NOT things people should entertain, lest it become dangerous.

Your opinion in itself isn't dangerous, It's only when mass opinions become trends, trends where people who were never directly involved start making it dangerous.

No beef with you, bud. Just stating my own thoughts on this.

edit on 12-10-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

He's not attacking you, he's asking if you think it's necessary for someone that made a mistake to apologize to the entire internet of strangers that aren't actually affected by his actions. Pointing out that social media is a little bizarre and witch hunts happen too frequently. I sort of agree with the point.

Thanks. I guess I could have condensed my explanation a bit better like you just did.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

perhaps im just over thinking this but to me it feels like when someone says "i want to apologize" they have not actually apologized with that mere statement rather they have only prefaced a statement that they are implying will contain the actual apology, the line when they say "im sorry" maybe im wrong about that or just being ocd. but that in mind id say he didnt even apologize in that video, only stated he wants to, without actually doing so.

oh except once when he said it to the school board for misrepresenting them.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

To be perfectly honest, he said the right things and I suppose he even said them the right way, but my gut says that you are right and this not genuine. This seems... coached and a little scripted.

His demeanor reminds me of my first abusive husband when he was trying to get me to take him back. Weird comparison I know, but that is what this kid reminds me of. To be perfectly honest though, I hadn't even heard of this incident until this apology so I only have half the story here.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Alcohol. Often turns good people into A-holes and bad people into monsters.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Domo1 the video in your other thread you mentioned is deleted, however at a point in time i worked in the fast food industry as a manager i dont need a video to know what kind of piles walk in to various places of such most acted as though the world ended and hell froze over, now thinking about its not a wonder i hate people and fast food

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
It likely was NOT a one time occurrence.

It was a one time occurrence that he got CAUGHT.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

His demeanor reminds me of my first abusive husband when he was trying to get me to take him back. Weird comparison I know, but that is what this kid reminds me of.

I don't think that's weird at all. You might consider reading a book called The Gift of Fear. It deals with how often people get a bad feeling before they're attacked. We're better at reading things than we give ourselves credit for, and often it's an attempt to not seem rude that gets people in trouble.

Sorry to hear you went through that, but am glad you left.

(post by payuporgtfo removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

My mother always says, "A drunk mouth speaks a sober mind."

Having said that, I would like to add that teen boys do some stupid things. Drunk teen boys do really super stupid things.

He does need help, but I don't think he is going to get it from doting parents that have told him his whole life that he is special, has spoon fed him, and catered to his every whim.

I see these children every day. Worse is I have to deal with their parents everyday, whose behavior make this boys behavior look saintly by comparison.

This is what we are sending out into the world. A bunch of ill prepared children that thinks not only that they are special, but they think their parents are supposed to provide for them for life.

To steal a line from “The Incredibles”, “In a world where everyone is special; nobody is.”

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I don't think that youtube apology will be near enough. Now that he is "famous" there will be lots of tough guys just looking to see if he can back up his BS. If I was him...I wouldn't drink in bars anymore.

His life has changed, and he brought it all down on himself by running his mouth.

Now to be faced with....."hey bro, can I get you some mac and cheese"
edit on 12-10-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-10-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
AAAAAAAAAAND thats now a Narcissist apologizes.......

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join