It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientist who urged government to sue climate skeptics gets millions from taxpayers.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Errata.
edit on 13-10-2015 by smurfy because: Errata.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Follow up to this story

Apparently Shukla is being investigated by the House Committee on Science, Space and Technology

watchdog.org...

On Monday, the Republican chairman of the House Committee on Science, Space and Technology sent a letter to the attorney for the decorated George Mason University climate dynamics professor, calling for financial details regarding the Institute of Global Environment and Society, which Shukla heads.

There is link to the letter that was sent to Shukla's lawyer

science.house.gov...

Apparantly Shukla received 63 million from taxpayers from 2001 to present

The Committee was most concerned about the saleries of Shukla and his family and the fact that using grant money to influence politics is a no no. It is illegal. Shukla managed to tope up his university salary of $314,000 all the up to $800,000 for 2013 and 2014. The extra money was for waroking 28 hours a week!

Gosh, I guess Shukla might be just a little biased in favor of the theory of global warming.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks

Follow up to this story

Apparently Shukla is being investigated by the House Committee on Science, Space and Technology

watchdog.org...

On Monday, the Republican chairman of the House Committee on Science, Space and Technology sent a letter to the attorney for the decorated George Mason University climate dynamics professor, calling for financial details regarding the Institute of Global Environment and Society, which Shukla heads.

There is link to the letter that was sent to Shukla's lawyer

science.house.gov...

Apparantly Shukla received 63 million from taxpayers from 2001 to present

The Committee was most concerned about the saleries of Shukla and his family and the fact that using grant money to influence politics is a no no. It is illegal. Shukla managed to tope up his university salary of $314,000 all the up to $800,000 for 2013 and 2014. The extra money was for waroking 28 hours a week!

Gosh, I guess Shukla might be just a little biased in favor of the theory of global warming.

Tired of Control Freaks

Thanks for that, I knew about the millions since 2001, but that's the second letter from Lamar Smith, he had already sent one to Shukla/IGES. This second letter has more clarity, and the lawyer will surely be thinking hard on this.

As for Shukla having bias, one can't help but think it's the system helping things along too. It's an almost unstoppable gravy train!

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

I am sorry, but I must ask why you think global warming is a "theory"? It is a fact that no real scientist would ever dispute. Do you mean Anthropogenic global warming? No scientist would deny that man contributes either. They will disagree on to what extant man contributes sure, but they won't deny it. Do you mean Catastrophic Global Warming? Please be clear on if you are referring to just warming or some aspect of warming.

If you do indeed mean just warming I strongly suggest you honestly review the scientific evidence available that without a doubt shows we have been warming, with fluctuations here and there, for the last few thousand years.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

It actually is a theory. A working theory, and a fact. based on hard data. Don't get confused on the words being used.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Hence why I have it in quotes. People seem to confuse Theory and Scientific Theory, two completely different things. For all intensive porpoises
this is fact.

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Just to clarify.

The earth has been warming for over 10,000 years, permafrost melted, glaciers retreated, deserts were created. Man had nothing to do with it, it just happened. Global temperatures fluctuated, atmospheric CO2 fluctuated but those events were separated by 100s of years. No one knows for sure which drives which - is it temperature leading CO2 or the other way around.

Temperatures have been higher than they are today and they have been lower then they are today. CO2 has been higher than it is today and it has been lower. Man had nothing to do with it.

This i believe in indisputable.

What is in dispute is Catastrophic GLOBAL Warming caused almost exclusively by anthropogenic sources.

And what is what I believe have to do with a scientist possibly committing fraud of tax payer dollars to lobby the government to use RICO laws against BIG OIL to quash questioning of anthropogenically caused Catastrophic Global Warming as even questioning the dogma is in fact, a CRIME against HUMANITY!

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Apr, 2 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

What became of this? Did money change hands and was JUSTICE? served?

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Breibart has posted a story on March 15, 2016

www.breitbart.com...

Apparently, Shukla was audited by the university and was found to be "double-dipping" by having 2 full-time jobs.

He is apparantly still being investigated by the House Science Committee

Now Shukla is being investigated by House Science Committee chairman Rep. Lamar Smith (R-TX)60% . According to [House Science Committee Chairman Lamar Smith]’s letter, the audit “appears to reveal that Dr. Shukla engaged in what is referred to as ‘double dipping.’ In other words, he received his full salary at GMU, while working full time at IGES and receiving a full salary there.” Mr. Smith cites a memo from the school’s internal auditor in claiming that Mr. Shukla appeared to violate the university’s policy on outside employment and paid consulting. The professor received $511,410 in combined compensation from the school and IGES in 2014, according to Mr. Smith, “without ever receiving the appropriate permission from GMU officials.”

I don't like this article though. its very very biased.
Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks

Just to clarify.

The earth has been warming for over 10,000 years, permafrost melted, glaciers retreated, deserts were created. Man had nothing to do with it, it just happened. Global temperatures fluctuated, atmospheric CO2 fluctuated but those events were separated by 100s of years. No one knows for sure which drives which - is it temperature leading CO2 or the other way around.

Scientists are pretty sure how it works.

Temperatures have been higher than they are today and they have been lower then they are today. CO2 has been higher than it is today and it has been lower. Man had nothing to do with it.

Then no, now yes. Because humans are doing something which has never occurred before in geological history and they're doing it at a faster pace than ever than in geological history.

Back in the past fish stocks rose and declined all naturally. Forests too.

Does this mean that humans are incapable of nearly wiping out fisheries and clear cutting forests?

Look at at this:

cdn.c.photoshelter.com...

When has that ever happened naturally in the past?

It's the same idea with the atmosphere. Face it, 8 billions humans have a bunch of capability to alter the planet. The atmosphere is not exempt.

This i believe in indisputable.

What is in dispute is Catastrophic GLOBAL Warming caused almost exclusively by anthropogenic sources.

Exclusively, no, but substantially, yes.

Based on laws of physics and observations.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

Forest fire damage....enough said

www.google.ca... BbGjE5XT_be2wnM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.geo.uu.nl%25252Flanddegradation%25252Fforestfire.htm&source=iu&pf=m&fir=FqIVBeJgksFyBM%253A%252CbGjE5 XT_be2wnM%252C_&usg=__dKiIbEmrw8UZCXX0-M7V-RR74AM%3D&ved=0ahUKEwj6presmPnLAhVCUhQKHQZWC2gQyjcILg&ei=k5IEV7qRCcKkUYasrcAG#imgrc=NwoJQSbHFMcNSM%3A

I am so sorry but I do not believe that anthropogenically sourced climate change is as much to be believed.

Read Juith Curry testimony to Congress "we didn't look hard enough for other causes".

Read Synchronicity Theory.

We all know that scientists claim global warming caused by man is causing atmopheric temperatures to rise by less then a degree but what is slowly sinking into the population is that atmospheric temperature is really unimportant.

What is important is ocean temperatures. And what ocean temperatures do is rise for about 30 years (during which atmospheric temperatures rise) and then fall for the next 30 years (during atmospheric temperatures also fall. And strangely this pattern of warming and cooling every 30 years closely tracks atmospheric temperatures for the last 180 years.

What was the matter with the topic of this thread. The topic is that the scientist who signed a letter to Obama encouraging and suggesting that Exxon Mobile should be investigated and subjected to a RICO trial (RICO - the laws that were supposed to used against organized crime) was caught double dipping and paying himself and his family from grants that were supposed to used for research.

Do you have a comment or opinion on the topic. Or do you think the climate change researchers should be excused from criminal behavior for some odd reason?

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

Judith Curry also believes man has contributed to warming through CO2 output, she just doesn't think we have contributed as much as we think we did and that co2 is less harmful that we thought.

She does in fact think we should be looking for ADDITIONAL, not different, drivers of climate change which work in CONJUNCTION with CO2. Those additional drivers may contribute more warming than anything we could potentially do.

That is why many climate scientists call CO2 the "tipping point", because it only takes a fraction of an ounce to throw a balance scale off.

I personally agree with Curry that additional warming will be good for us over all and that if anything we are still in a CO2 desert trying to get back to healthier levels.
edit on 6-4-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: Kali74

Pielke and that whole shebang of climate denial buffoons never get anything right. A cursory glance tells me that Jagadish Shukla hasn't done anything wrong but that won't stop the vapors from coming on.

It would appear that he might be breaking VA law due to the fact that he is a state employee.
Then there is just the ethical part of having most of his family on the payroll.

And also attempting to legally gag those who dare to hold a differing opinion from the government.

Orwellian to say the least.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join