It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fired Benghazi Investigator Says House Committee 'Hyper-focused' on Clinton

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Air Force Reserve Maj. Bradley F. Podliska describes himself as a lifelong conservative Republican. According to an article in the New York Times, Podliska has a political science doctorate from Texas A&M and has been employed by an unnamed (by NYT or CNN anyway) defense agency for 17 years and as an intelligence analyst for most of those years. His involvement with the GOP goes back at least to his college days where he was chairman of the University of Wisconsin-Madison's College Republicans and an intern for the conservative Media Research Council.

Podliska was hired in September of 2014 as an investigator for the House Select Committee on Benghazi — which pays $130k/year if you were wondering — and was terminated in late June of this year. After a mandatory 30-day mediation period, assuming the matter is not successfully mediated, he is preparing to file a lawsuit next month, seeking lost wages and reinstatement.

Now that we've gotten through the facts, lets look at the allegations:

CNN - Ex-staffer: Benghazi committee pursuing 'partisan investigation' targeting Hillary Clinton

Podliska, who was fired after nearly 10 months as an investigator for the Republican majority, is now preparing to file a lawsuit against the select committee next month, alleging that he lost his job in part because he resisted pressure to focus his investigative efforts solely on the State Department and Clinton's role surrounding the Benghazi attack. He also alleges he was fired because he took leave from the committee to fulfill his military service obligations, which would be an unlawful firing.

"I knew that we needed to get to the truth to the victims' families. And the victims' families, they deserve the truth -- whether or not Hillary Clinton was involved, whether or not other individuals were involved," he told CNN in an exclusive TV interview that aired Sunday on "State of the Union." "The victims' families are not going to get the truth and that's the most unfortunate thing about this."

Podliska told CNN that the committee, which has spent $4.6 million so far and is chaired by Rep. Trey Gowdy, R-South Carolina, pulled resources away from probes of other individuals and agencies to focus almost exclusively on Clinton and the State Department she helmed for four years.

Podliska alleges that the committee's staff director told him he was fired for three reasons: using work email to send a social invitation to colleagues, assigning an "unauthorized project" to an intern, and allegedly putting classified information on an unclassified system. Podliska, an intelligence officer who was hired for his expertise with the intelligence community, strongly denies the latter. He also disputes the legitimacy of the other two reasons cited to him by the committee, in particular assigning any "unauthorized projects" to interns.

He said half the staff was "surfing the Web all day long" and said "there was plenty of drinking during the work day."

And while he was reprimanded for sharing an invitation to an event with his colleagues via work email, he said a group of staffers had set up a "gun buying club" for "chrome-plated, monogrammed Tiffany-style Glock nine millimeters" and that staffers would spend "hours at a time" designing the guns.

The committee spokesperson declined to address these allegations.

"It was a classic case -- and this is me, as a conservative -- of taxpayer waste, fraud and abuse," he said. "It should not have occurred."

In essence, his claims are that after details of Clinton's use of a private email server hit the news, Clinton became the exclusive focus of the investigation and that he felt that it was a detriment to the mission of the committee to comprehensively investigate the Benghazi attack and its mandate of impartiality.

He also claims that in addition to being fired for his refusal to focus exclusively on Hilary Clinton, he was fired for taking leave to fulfill his reserve obligations in Germany (39 days in total).

Comments made by committee chairman Rep. Trey Gowdy and a press release by the committee paint a different picture; namely that it was Podliska who was obsessed with making an anti-Clinton hit piece by way of a Power Point presentation and that he's now trying to blackmail the committee into a monetary settlement.

Gowdy keeps protesting to the contrary but recent comments by Kevin McCarthy and now these allegations leveled by a Republican ex-investigator seem to confirm what many have been saying all along; the "investigation" being conducted by the House Select Committee on Benghazi is nothing more than a tax payer funded, politically motivated attack.
edit on 2015-10-12 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

To bad she wiped her server.

Anyone else would go to jail.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Paying attention to the regressive rhetoric for the last few years it was a guaruntee that it would revolve around Clinton.

Facts be damned.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Last time any of the Clinton's got caught with their pants down....but that's another story. Former Speaker-wannabe Kevin McCarthy let the cat out of the bag and into the henhouse with his admission that the committee was more or less a hoax set up to bring down Hillary's poll numbers during the presidential election campaign. Then this new guy piped up and backed McCarthy's observation. Hillary has gotten two early Halloween presents out of this (all I got was a 1/33 model of a ghost ship), and should be thanking her lucky starr's (which, in fact, this committee has outlasted and outspent).
edit on 12-10-2015 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Well they would get a trial and the evidence would be looked at.

Not trail by media

Not saying she is innocent, but more so that just because we get reports of crimes doesn't mean it is a fact.

She is due her due process just like everyone else.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Oh, it doesn't really matter does it?

I mean, it's only been ten or twenty million spent on all this.

And hey, it's against the Clintons ... it's probably God's Will that the Republicans waste the taxpayers' dollars this way.

And we ignore the fact that four Americans were used shamelessly for nothing more than political points.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
All they have is clowns running the gop, its all they have left, they could of left hillary hang herself but no it wasent enough for there chance at the white house.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Lol you are going to use what McCarthy said to prop up what this guy is claiming? McCarthy is a complete idiot. He didn't even know what he was talking about.

Who knows what this guys angle is.. Just answer me this one question:

Did she break any laws?

We would all be in in jail with the full weight of the Federal Gov. on us for much less.

All the Hillary supporters like to completely ignore the fact she committed Felony.

Why does it have to be a Right vs Left thing, Why can't it be a Right vs Wrong thing..All politicians need to be held accountable. Just as all of us are.
edit on 12-10-2015 by WhereAreTheGoodguys because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

I can't even understand your point.. GOP has clowns ok.. Dems have Felon's ?

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Oh, it doesn't really matter does it?

I mean, it's only been ten or twenty million spent on all this.

And hey, it's against the Clintons ... it's probably God's Will that the Republicans waste the taxpayers' dollars this way.

And we ignore the fact that four Americans were used shamelessly for nothing more than political points.

I'd rather waste the money on this and make just one politician regardless of political party an example they are not above the law.

She committed Felony'

I guess you would rather Obama spend another 500m on the Syrian Rebels or is that the Republicans fault too ?

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
Last time any of the Clinton's got caught with their pants down....
but that's another story.
Truncated for brevity's sake, and please see the whole post.
[www.abovetopsecret.com...]wow
In any event, whether by intent or accident THIS is priceless.
.................................................vvvv----|
... , and should be thanking her lucky Starr's (which, in fact, this
committee has outlasted and outspent).

As usual Aleister the back story is the real one. The blue dress story
was a honey pot to keep the public eye off what Mr. Bill was REALLY
doing at the same time and a little before. It had to do with China
and we've already belabored the details around here forever.
I wish I could rent you a star cluster for the inuendo.

I agree unequivocally that the Benghazi Comittee has outlived its
usefulness: since it's long ago been obvoius none of the principals
are going to get a speck on them... criminal or civil.
EDIT/ This'll work too.. 18USC s793. I think we've examiened this
real law on the subject of collecting, transmitting and in general
messing with defense information. Since Hillary's servers were
determined by her own IT firm to have been technically insecure
for at least 3 1/2 months-- It's also assumed that Moscow and Beijing
know more about their contents than we the peeps ever will. But
that's the transparency I've come to expect from the same crew
that includes Hugh Rodham's daughter. Don't tell me about Chicago.

/EDIT Thanks for the brain fart. It's already dissipating.
edit on 12-10-2015 by derfreebie because: My stinkin' pair of farthings

edit on 12-10-2015 by derfreebie because: The least I can do is direct-a-link

edit on 12-10-2015 by derfreebie because: No Reason Needed

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I read about this topic early this morning. It will be interesting to see how this lawsuit progresses, but I find it funny that the Republicans claim to want fiscal responsibility, less government intrusion and many other things, but they have no problem spending millions in taxpayer money to fund what amounts to a personal GOP vendetta.

Benghazi, Clinton emails and what do they have to show for it? Nothing.

Also, the last week or so has seen a surge in stories showing the GOP being completely wrong on issues that they invested quite a bit of propaganda in to, but nary a word from our resident GOP flunkies.

Why so quiet guys? Can't come to terms with the fact that you fell for propaganda and may be completely wrong?

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: WhereAreTheGoodguys

She committed Felony's

Well according to certain people, she hasn't been found guilty of anything. Just a trail by Fox news found her so.

It is felonies fyi.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

So, in your opinion, we can just dispense with that silly rule-of-law thing, or due process or other silliness.

You know Clinton is guilty, and that's good enough for you, right?

Right?

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

So, in your opinion, we can just dispense with that silly rule-of-law thing, or due process or other silliness.

You know Clinton is guilty, and that's good enough for you, right?

Right?

Don't try and turn this around on me. I'm the one saying let due process take place. Others are saying it's political, there is nothing to be had and its bogus.

I'm saying there are actual laws that have been broken, the cats out of the bag. Let the investigation run its coarse. Let the FBI do its thing. If it was you or me we would be in jail awaiting trial. period.

If she wasn't such a dip # none of this would even be happening. Her poor management as SOS, including her use of private email server with Government Secrets got her here. If they did not try and push that lie about the Video and cover up what they were doing and if she played by the rules and done her work in State Dept servers, all of this would be a non issue.

But no, we got the bull# story , she decided to keep top secret stuff on an un secure private server, lied about it, tried to cover it up and is now caught.. How hard is that to understand

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Turn it around on you?

I basically quoted you. You said:

originally posted by: WhereAreTheGoodguys
She committed Felony'

Not "I think she committed felonies." or "She allegedly committed felonies."

Clinton has been tried and convicted in the jury of your mind.

There are no laws that have been broken. Do you seriously think the Republicans wouldn't have Clinton clamped in irons if there were???

Get real. This has been used as a smear campaign. Republican brass admitted it.

You're merely regurgitating Fox News BS. Repeating the spiel of partisan hackdom.

Garden variety.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Here is post from another forum I was on without going to the details this guy "Cookiebob" kinda sums up what a lot of people don't seem to get or want to get.

You really don't understand what is happening in the Benghazi investigation and the related FBI criminal investigation.

Hillary hid emails from the committee. She perjured herself about it. She misused classified information, she discussed our nation's secrets with people who had no security clearance. The CIA has had to recall people she compromised. This is a very big deal.

Now that the FBI and other are giving the emails, HIllary thought were gone to the committee... it turns out that Blumthal was running our State Department to make a fortune. Hillary was making Blumenthal a very wealthy man, while getting our ambassador quite dead.

You know the same Blumenthal that Obama demanded not be part of Hillary's advisors, not be told anything? That Blumenthal.

Hillary betrayed Obama. She went behind his back. Just like she betrayed our trust by starting out to keep her dirty, greedy, dealings from the scrutiny of the Congress, whose job it is to make sure she followed the rules... Republicans didn't invent divided government.

You really are not keeping up.

There is a reason McCarthy couldn't get the votes... he is as clueless as you. He hasn't been paying attention either. He is the ultimate insider protecting the corruption that is Hillary Clinton.

Just kinda sums it up without going to which law was broken and for what.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Turn it around on you?

I basically quoted you. You said:

She committed Felony'

Not "I think she committed felonies." or "She allegedly committed felonies."

Clinton has been tried and convicted in the jury of your mind.

There are no laws that have been broken. Do you seriously think the Republicans wouldn't have Clinton clamped in irons if there were???

Get real. This has been used as a smear campaign. Republican brass admitted it.

You're merely regurgitating Fox News BS. Repeating the spiel of partisan hackdom.

Garden variety.

Did she or did she not have Top Secret information on her Private Server? It's already been stated that she has by Government officials. That is a Felony.

It's cool you want to make this personal with the Garden variety thing, I don't regard you and your opinion very highly either.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Right. Not convicted except by you ... and Fox News, et. al.

How very American of you!

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

a reply to: Gryphon66

Here is post from another forum I was on without going to the details this guy "Cookiebob" kinda sums up what a lot of people don't seem to get or want to get.

You really don't understand what is happening in the Benghazi investigation and the related FBI criminal investigation.

Hillary hid emails from the committee. She perjured herself about it. She misused classified information, she discussed our nation's secrets with people who had no security clearance. The CIA has had to recall people she compromised. This is a very big deal.

Now that the FBI and other are giving the emails, HIllary thought were gone to the committee... it turns out that Blumthal was running our State Department to make a fortune. Hillary was making Blumenthal a very wealthy man, while getting our ambassador quite dead.

You know the same Blumenthal that Obama demanded not be part of Hillary's advisors, not be told anything? That Blumenthal.

Hillary betrayed Obama. She went behind his back. Just like she betrayed our trust by starting out to keep her dirty, greedy, dealings from the scrutiny of the Congress, whose job it is to make sure she followed the rules... Republicans didn't invent divided government.

You really are not keeping up.

There is a reason McCarthy couldn't get the votes... he is as clueless as you. He hasn't been paying attention either. He is the ultimate insider protecting the corruption that is Hillary Clinton.

Just kinda sums it up without going to which law was broken and for what.

Out of curiosity, did you have permission to post someone else's words from another website here at ATS???

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join