It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now I'm Convinced My Phone Listens

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: CannibalCorpse1982

I wouldn't worry too much until you start your practice as an attorney. Law firms have the means and the motive to spy on the opposing competing firms. Ask yourself. Would a lawyer spy on anther lawyer to win a case? Would you?

Would game developers/mobile software developers/writers etc plagiarize material this way?

This is 2015. Anyone with a brain,good training, and some patience can hack into a phone,server, or home computer. The information to learn it is easy to get on the internet/youtube.
edit on 18-10-2015 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
I get the same. Some time ago, I was doing research on a comment for an article (related to hunting). Now, since I'm in the city, there isn't much need for bear traps, repellant, rifles or bows. But I get some junk mail advertising just that.

Recently bought a VAX vacuum cleaner, and talked to a recruitment agent about a satellite modem driver I once modified. Started getting job adverts for VAX/VMS programmers with knowledge of satellite communcations technology.

Weirdest thing was getting adverts for cancer treatment, counseling services. Turns out my parents cat was terminal and being treated.

Strange how information can "leak", but given the way information is being linked behind the scenes, that explains a lot.

Are you a hacker?

Satellite modems are hard to track. Unlike wired modems going to a node and cellphone tower pinging.

back on topic.

What you need to worry about is why they are spying on you? Is it the everyday "feel important" script kid,a veteran hacker that is bored,google adverts,your wireless service provider selling information to advertisers, or the NSA/NSA contractees.
I don't care if they are spying on me because I am not running for public office and I am fairly out of public sight. Now if I was a doctor,corporate board member,politician, or apart of a competitive law firm then you might care. BIG TIME.
edit on 18-10-2015 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: added content

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Had another one of those experiences.

Yesterday, my son who is home from college this week, was in the kitchen with me and noticed the pan I was using.

He made a comment about good it was, and how well it worked. I told him how happy about it I was, and how I am fantasizing about buying one for all my kids- but it was rather expensive. I ended up holding up to show the lack of residue after cooking some meat in it, and how I didn't use oil.

All this was done with our phones nearby (but not in use at the moment) and where the camera and microphone of our desk top could capture (if we had them on).

This morning, Amazon sent me a collection of ads from it's site- for this same type of pan! I went to another site I frequent, and found the ads on the sides showing this type of pan.

If I had bought it online, or done a search for it, this would be totally normal. I didn't.

Either the times I have clicked into apps and games which allow access to my devices and all the settings in them (they give the right for them to turn settings off and on) are using this (perhaps with voice and image recognition tech) for commercial purposes,

Or the credit card company and bank are selling out access to what I buy with my card.

The objection I have to that second idea is that in this case, I had bought that pan many weeks ago. The timing for the ads is off when considering that possibility. The time I used a skin product in front of my screen, and had ads for it all over the next day, I had bought that product a few months before. (again, not online and never did any searches- I am kinda of spontaneous. I see products in the store and decide to try them. I don't do a lot of research for those kinds of things and don't search for the lowest prices or anything).

The timing is what makes me side more with the theory of being "spied on" through my devices.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma
No one has posted this gem yet? No doubt apps or not, the eyes & ears are always on. But those apps alone--- yikes!
A word to read the fine print in all agreements...

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: CannibalCorpse1982

Definitely. I have experienced it. I think it has to do with the OK Google feature, I'm convinced it just listens all the time, not just when you ask a search query. For example, I menioned to my husband that he needed to stop by Best Buy and pick up something specific. 15 minutes later I was getting ads for Best Buy. That's just one example of many. Another - my neighbor had a baby and we started talking about babies or using the word alot for a few days - now I get ads for baby products.
edit on 10/21/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join