It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School district bans Halloween to accommodate ‘cultural beliefs’

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I know in Georgia, many churches sponsor the "trunk or treat" whatever that is to keep their kids from worshipping demons.

We have Trunk or Treat. It's just a safe small Halloween Carnivale where cars back into a circle and kids go from trunk to trunk Tricker Treating for candy.

Costumes and all.

Sounds like fun!

I hope no one tries to shut you down over some silly crap, Christian or otherwise.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I know in Georgia, many churches sponsor the "trunk or treat" whatever that is to keep their kids from worshipping demons.

We have Trunk or Treat. It's just a safe small Halloween Carnivale where cars back into a circle and kids go from trunk to trunk Tricker Treating for candy.

Costumes and all.

Sounds like fun!

I hope no one tries to shut you down over some silly crap, Christian or otherwise.

The Halloween scare has happened before --- I think along side banning Harry Potter.

Do they think we're naive about the real reason it's banned?

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

originally posted by: earthling42
a reply to: Gryphon66

Halloween was derived from Samhain, it has transitioned into a celebration with some old elements such as the opening of the gate to the underworld, the thin veil between the world of the dead and the world of the living, hence the ghosts and dark sphere.
It has nothing to do with christianity, but they have christianized pagan traditions and gave their own meaning to it.

You are quite right.
It began as a Pagan religious holiday
and then was Christianized.

Compare this with:

originally posted by: grandmakdw
For those of you who don't think Halloween has a Christian origin.
*snip*
Just an FYI

Hey, we've got evolution in thought here!

I have to admit, this is the first time I've ever seen anyone argue that Halloween is a Christian holiday.

I can still be surprised. LOL

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

I have to admit, this is the first time I've ever seen anyone argue that Halloween is a Christian holiday.

Well, they do like to usurp other people's festivals.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Right. Actually there's not much in Christianity that's original, come to think of it ... but I digress.

Of all the holidays I think the dumbest to go after is Halloween.

However, to see Christians here deny that Christians elsewhere have crazy ideas about it, complain about it, preach about it ... to see easy-to-find facts proving that dismissed because that's "only a minority" of Christians SIMPLY because that didn't fit the rhetoric they were so desperately trying to set up here ...

/shrug ... It's sad days in America for me, s'all I'm sayin'

I'm glad the kids are getting Halloween back.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
It's Celtic.

2nd.

May as well continue on...

Is it just me or does this persecution complex become funnier by the day.

Then again, naaahhhh...

2nd.

edit on 12-10-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-10-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: 2nd Strike.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Charlie, you godless heathen you!

LOL.

(What do you want to bet Islam gets blamed for all this before it's over?)

EDIT: I really hate being right, sometimes ... /sigh

EDIT2: I can't in good faith link to the website ... if you're interested, just type in "Leftists and Muslims Try to Stop Halloween" to a search engine.

It's stomach-turning.
edit on 21Mon, 12 Oct 2015 21:28:35 -050015p0920151066 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Hey! You do know there are real spells cast in the Harry Potter movie, right? The research was done, and real witches spells were researched and used in the movies to lead young children to Satan. This from my Jehova's Witness neighbor that I used to walk with. Somehow, Lord of the Rings was OK, though.

I think that this, combined with my insistence that red wine was good enough for Jesus, so it was good enough for me, led us to going our separate ways. I am all for whatever religion moves you, but, sometimes you just have to agree to disagree.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Look whatever youre going to do , just be safe this Halloween and please always check the kids candy....

Last year I found this in a package of Twix

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Mate LoL...
I'm sure someone hinted at that earlier in the thread already...

Funnily enough I'd bet money it's a denomination of Christianity that got wind of the recent "war on Christmas" debacle...

I read that thread this morning and a member definitely said that Halloween should be banned if The Nativity is...

If great minds think alike, and equal and opposite reactions commence, then we are outnumbered my friend.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: artnut

Hey! You do know there are real spells cast in the Harry Potter movie, right? The research was done, and real witches spells were researched and used in the movies to lead young children to Satan. This from my Jehova's Witness neighbor that I used to walk with. Somehow, Lord of the Rings was OK, though.

I think that this, combined with my insistence that red wine was good enough for Jesus, so it was good enough for me, led us to going our separate ways. I am all for whatever religion moves you, but, sometimes you just have to agree to disagree.

It's fear based.

Despite what some claim.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Mate LoL...
I'm sure someone hinted at that earlier in the thread already...

Funnily enough I'd bet money it's a denomination of Christianity that got wind of the recent "war on Christmas" debacle...

I read that thread this morning and a member definitely said that Halloween should be banned if The Nativity is...

If great minds think alike, and equal and opposite reactions commence, then we are outnumbered my friend.

They wanted to go there ... but then they got all riled up at me for stating facts about the Christians I know so well.

They even brought out the "small minority" defense.

One of the most well-known Christian ministers on TV says this crap year after year ... but ol' Christian-hatin' Gryph is just making stuff up.

LOL ... "Leftists and Muslims" ... what rot!

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I've been looking for "real magick" for years.

Of course, I'm doing dumb things like reading Crowley, Paracelsus and The Book of the Dead.

I shoulda just read Harry Potter!

DOOH!

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
Look whatever youre going to do , just be safe this Halloween and please always check the kids candy....

Last year I found this in a package of Twix

Fantastic pic!

Thanks everyone for making this a very interesting thread!

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

What a delightful website.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

I am in favor of not letting Christians trample the Constitution.

The Constitution prevents me from "banning" Christians.

I would like for people to leave their belief-based culture behind and adopt logic and reason, but that's personal.

Wow. It sure is personal.

I am an atheist and I feel like my Christian sister and my Agnostic sister should have as much say as me in the direction of this country. I feel like every person should have the same amount of say-so with regard to any 'majority rules'/'will of the people' decision, that I have.

In fact. I think it's wrong to want to exclude anyone who might have differing beliefs than me from exerting their will as persons governed by the U.S. Constitution. It smacks of silly partisan/religious loyalty.

To me, anyone for bigger government and more government authority is a threat to the erosion of my Constitutional rights. That threat is not coming 'mainly' from conservative Christians. It took me a long time to see it, but the greatest threats to our Constitutional rights are coming from those prone to partisan fear-mongering. It reaches well beyond Christians.

As OP I have to say
Best post in the entire thread!

This has been fun, goodnight ya'll
Don't let the goblins get ya

BOO

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Yeah, I cut out the link. It was just too much.

Disgusting, horrible, hateful garbage. I'm sure it's popular with many, though.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

So your experiment was successful then?

How wonderful. How disingenuous.

Sleep well.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I hope South Park makes fun of this, like they sorta did the last 3 episodes lol. The whole PC Principal thing...

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Goodnight sweet Charlie!

Thanks for disagreeing 100% and
staying a friend.
You are the kind of friend everyone
needs to have!
One can banter, disagree, heartily disagree,
really disagree, and then shake hands and be friends