It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My computer is haunted

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I've always felt if you were haunted you'd know based on signs and dreams. However if you have been experiencing fear and or stress that hasn't been expressed or dealt with you can create poltergeist activity. The name itself denotes making noise but I've always felt it can do more like mess with electronic equipment like turning computers on and off and messing with audio or making phones ring even car troubles and pre mature failure. The target of the activity I guess is based solely on your anxiety and fear or stress. So yes your computer could be haunted in a way.

a reply to: lamplighters

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: lamplighters
I know this sounds ridiculous but recently i have woken up a number of nights in a row in the early hours of the morning, to hear my computer has turned itself on and is making a loud sound.

I sleep with my door locked so there is nobody turning it on.

I have taken the computer to an pc expert to check if there are power problems which can cause pc turning on or off, and he did a diagnosis for malware or something like that, and it was okay. Still charged me 25 for the diagnosis though, ridiculous!

Anyway earlier on i came into my room i was the only one in the house. I heard the name Cindy (my real life name), whispered softly.
There was nobody in the room or the house.

The house isnt haunted, i know it isnt as i have lived here for many years and there has never anything to show it being haunted.

I do not know what to do, are there any people on here with advice?

with a little tweaking of your computer bios set, you can set your computer to turn on and off automatically anytime you want. I'm pretty sure someone is messing with you, probably not a ghost. Frankly, If i was a ghost and wanted to mess with the living, turning on and off a computer is the last thing I would do to get attention.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
a reply to: Brett83
Not everyone has the money to throw at a NEW computer. I'm sure if she did that would have been the first fix.

Well, if I really believed I had a haunted computer I would destroy that $#!+ and save for a new one.

However, haunted computers don't exist and if this girl is being serious I am concerned about her mental state.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brett83

originally posted by: Martin75
Not everyone has the money to throw at a NEW computer. I'm sure if she did that would have been the first fix.

Well, if I really believed I had a haunted computer I would destroy that $#!+ and save for a new one.

However, haunted computers don't exist and if this girl is being serious I am concerned about her mental state.

Haunted computers certainly do exist in the sense that haunted anythings exist, maybe meaning the room and anything in it. Poltergeist activity has been well documented and confirmed on many occasions by sceptics. The point of poltergeist activity is that it can 'use' anything at all.

I'd be much more concerned about a persons' mental state when there was actual paranormal activity. They would need the attention and help. If there isn't really anything going on outside the persons' head, this can just be stress related or developing neurological cognitive - sensory problems or perhaps symptoms of an infection, otherwise unnoticed. Probably nothing too bad in terms of mental health, even if just psychological alone due to stress, malnutrition etc. At least for now.

However, if the person is subject to paranormal activity, that is a different situation and can devestate someone. If it's not paranormal, it's more likely the experiences will just blow over.

You can take a position that you simply don't believe in paranormal activity, but others have had no choice but to, faced with terrible experiences. You can disbelieve paranormal activity for yourself, but you'll find you can't actually do that for other people. It doesn't make sense to, especially when you haven't had any experiences and so have nothing at all in common with the other person. All you're doing is saying, "You must be the same as me. I've had no such experiences. Therefore it's impossible that you could ever have." This doesn't make any sense in logic, so is an approach which ought to be dropped.

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   

No disrespect to the OP, just a remark. Whether or not there is someone genuinely worried if their computer is either hacked and remotely controlled or haunted, thus question suggests a context to me more than others, but which is always relevant on sites like ATS. That is, I can't help but think this type of question feels to me what it would be like if there were a social researcher fielding for public attitudes.

It's been well known in the past that The CIA and other secret services have posted shill queries in these sites in order to gauge how much people know, what their attitudes are and so on. At times I can see this one as spies doing a bit of research on reactions showing depth of knowledge in hacking, controlling computers, interception of peoples' computer use, as well as the paranormal. (The paranormal definitely has been a quite significant part of CIA actual research in the past, if you can include telekinesis, remote viewing and more. Heck - attempted murder by thinking it - Project Dreamscan.)

No offense to the OP. I'm not saying I think she's a shill and we're in her web, or anything like that. I could say I have the same feelings about numerous threads in ATS. But it's this type of off the wall query with possible, specific purposes which just reminded me of what those secret service researchers can get up to.
edit on 9-11-2015 by bw1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: bw1000
As I always say you never know but am giving them the shadow of a doubt for now.

originally posted by: lamplighters
Last night i saw a mist around the computer and i heard my name on two occasions, once whispered the second time louder.

I could feel cold all around even though the heating was on.

I am starting to get worried now, as now i think there is haunting

I suggest that if you know someone personally familiar with the paranormal have them check out your place.

edit on 9-11-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join