It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My cities news stories...or lack of.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I live in a city of 100,000 people. We have violence issues. The native population has divided itself into gangs, so these punk kids are always up to something bad.
The news tries to hide these issues, even though they are visible everywhere we go in this city. homeless indians, huffing gas or drinking listerine and hair spray. Dont get me wrong, not all native indians here are like that. Most are great people. I laughed so hard one day when i seen someones avatar here on ATS.
A white guy dressed as a native indian. Although its great to be proud of your heritage, if a white person were to dress like that...even on halloween here...wow, i dont even want to think how the local population would React to that lol.
Anyways, so we have major things happening everyday here like every city. Stabbings, break and enters, violent crimes. But like i said our media hides it. They were once picketed by one of the indian reservations here. Apparently the native population got upset because everyday in the news it was a native male commiting these acts. So in an attempt to keep reporting "news" our joke of a media team... Well they took reporting to a new level here.
Here is the most ridiculous account of diverting the attention away from the problem i have ever seen.

www.tbnewswatch.com...

Needless to say, the poor little guy lost it all in that blaze. With a little luck, the community will pull together and see him through the long winter ahead. Lol

Any other smaller cities have the same thing going on? Media black out on the actual issues? Replaced with heart breaking stories like These?

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

No big deal really. True in every major US city; the media censors the news. They do it in basically two ways; either they don''t report the incidents at all or if they do, they don't properly identify the perps. The MSM toadies to the corrupt politicians who don't want the truth to be known and to the business interests that want to keep their 9 to 8pm slave labor work force content and fear free. We just aren't supposed to know or notice.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I forgot to mention that news story about that squirrel losing his stash, was front page news.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Yup, a city outside of Philadelphia. Largely Hispanic population and Hispanic gangs. The news doesn't always put out the news about what goes on in the city. They hide even more any similar incidents to what happens in the city in the suburbs.

top topics

join