It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Big Bang explained in Genesis

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy
a reply to: spy66

Dont think so. Its just you People who dont understand what you are Reading as usuall.

It's all laid out for us in Genesis. Nothing to misunderstand about the order in which it states things occurred, and how incompatible it is with cosmology.

No talk about how it's a vision from Moses, or anything else, changes that.

It is. But i dont think People understand it... not even most of the christians.

The reason for that is in how People are thought to understand what they read. 99% beleive Earth was already formed before God said: Let there be light "verse 3".

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLamb

I think you are going in the right direction... but not exactly...

its my view that the Genesis account goes much deeper than the Big Bang,,, the mysterious 'Waters' is ( I think) referencing the various & intangible Quantum Worlds/Realities...

visible 'light' may not have been around even as the young energetic stars were present (they may have been invisible Gamma ray emitting instead of the lower spectrum of light we 'see' after these Suns aged or quieted down)

as for the contrarian observation that 'plants' were around before 'light' determines nothing... the 'plants' of an already formed 'Earth' which preceded a nonvisible electromagnetic-spectrum Sun is not impossible...
all that statement says is that plants without chlorophyll were the norm---until the visible sprectrum of light type of plants took over and remain until this day.

as to the Earth being ~formed~ before the solar system...it is true that all the planets develop in a spiral cloud around a central Sun...it is not unreasonable to consider that the rocky planets of the inner system were accreted long before the Sun Ignited... no other star light from intergalactic space were visible because: 1. the visual spectrum was not yet available
2. the molecular cloud of solar system creation blocked all outside light sources
3. the Earth or even the whole 'Helio-Sphere' were in their own Bell Jar Creation Chamber initiated by the 'creator'- (Heavenly Forces)

I think you have to go deeper into the creation story than the Thread OP conjecture
keep up the quest

edit on th31144473494413152015 by St Udio because: continuity

edit on th31144473612013352015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Plus, the order of events are STILL wrong. I don't care what your metaphors say, the stars weren't created after the Earth. Heck, according to the bible, the sun and moon were created after the earth too. Also wrong. The bible narrates the creation of animal life several times.

You are making many assumptions. Care to back that up with science? I don't think there is even one scientist who would definitively say what came first the earth or the sun. We don't know.

They likely formed around the same time, or the sun formed first. The Earth definitely didn't form first and it is likely that the moon formed from a collision with a Mars sized object.

There are two different accounts. One the account of everything, the other the account of the garden. I imagine God could have created the animals in the garden in the same way he created the animals that are not in the garden, no contradiction.

The great thing about metaphors, they can adapt to science. Because you don't want to accept that the genesis account could be valid doesn't make your opinion more valid then mine.

Plants could have arose on the earth before our Sun, simply from the residual light of the big bang. Many plants and animals survive in extremely low light like would have been present after the bang.

You can't disprove my metaphorical take on genesis no matter how much you would like to. I believe you are debating with someone who understands the science better than you, who wouldn't make such a claim if it were impossible.

You aren't understanding. Your metaphors are WRONG. Off the top of my head, we've got there being two sources of light in the sky, the sun and moon.

1:16 God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars.

That's wrong. Oh by the way, this passage happens before "the lights in the sky were created".

1:11-13 11 Then God said, “Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds.” And it was so. 12 The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. 13 And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day.

How do plants survive without light? Especially since a "day" is some undefined and variable length of time, but definitely longer than a day to humans? You can't tell me that I'm misunderstanding metaphors here. The Bible CLEARLY says that it creates plant life on the 3rd day and then sunlight on the 4th day. YOU'VE insisted that a day is likely some very long length of time that only God knows, so that means, to you, you think that plant life could survive for the thousands to millions of years that took place between day 3 and 4.

1:20-25 20 And God said, “Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the vault of the sky.” 21 So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living thing with which the water teems and that moves about in it, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 22 God blessed them and said, “Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the water in the seas, and let the birds increase on the earth.” 23 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fifth day.

24 And God said, “Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: the livestock, the creatures that move along the ground, and the wild animals, each according to its kind.” And it was so. 25 God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.

Apparently birds predate non-flying land based animals according to Genesis. Also, what kind of animal is a "livestock"? Humans domesticated animals, they weren't created that way.

See it doesn't matter what "metaphors" you are pretending to use. The sequence of events is out of order. Things exist impossibly without things that are required for them to exist (ex: plants existing before sunlight). I didn't even highlight all the inconsistencies yet, AND I didn't even reach the Garden account that you say is the second half of the story.
edit on 13-10-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

all that statement says is that plants without chlorophyll were the norm---until the visible sprectrum of light type of plants took over and remain until this day.

Okay now reconcile their growth on an utterly frozen planet. No Sun makes for a very cold Earth.

...is the response going to be in a similar fashion?

That our contrarian observation means nothing. That all this really amounts to is that fruit-bearing trees growing in perpetually sub-freezing temperatures was the norm on Earth prior to the arrival of the "Greater Light"??

Then there is the issue of the Earth's formation without the Sun to begin with.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Yes, finally someone who understands science...

Please help me with this little formula:

(RRH + GM) * BW / GH = Red Riding Hood Story is true!!!!

Ahh, forgot to give you legend:

RRH - Red Riding Hood
GM - Grandma - of course, I am sure you guessed it right
BW - Bad wolf - who else?
GH - Good hunter

Now, scientifically everything makes sense and I proved wolf can eat both and they both not only survived in wolf belly, but were able to yell for help!!!

Please don't try to prove my equation wrong, because bible story similar to this last 3 days...

You see where we going with this??

@Titen-Sxull - did you forget, we KNOW that before our system and earth was formed there was a STAR that exploded and out of its dust our solar system, including us was formed... That always makes me feel special... made out of dead star dust...

edit on 13-10-2015 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Hydrogen, oxygen etc which were created before the sun.

All elements heavier than H are created in stars. Stars come before oxygen.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: olbe66
All elements heavier than H are created in stars. Stars come before oxygen.

Reminds me of this video...

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Didn't we have a thread on this recently by Cooperton? All about how the Big Bang and the formation of Earth and the emergence of life and all is right there in Genesis? How many of these do we need?

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

I have to say something?

Best. Post. Ever.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

visible 'light' may not have been around even as the young energetic stars were present (they may have been invisible Gamma ray emitting instead of the lower spectrum of light we 'see' after these Suns aged or quieted down)

Humans perceive "light" between 380 and 780 nm. Humans can't "see" near infrared (NIR), Medium Wavelength IR (MWIR) or Far Infrared (LWIR or FIR) . So what exactly does that Bible verse mean "Let there be light"? All energy in this universe (except dark energy) is detectable. The verse makes no sense and rightfully so - because whoever wrote it had no idea how light worked. So when you don't know something - well, God did it! If you think of it in terms of Creationist bs, God would have had to manufacture the Big Bang, energy, light and humans all at once - I guess life forms had good fire retardant gear at the time, no?

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog

Mr. Grove, my 10th grade Physic teacher ( and bomber pilot in WWII), told me that in 1978. He was a cool guy. Then He proved it with maths. I wonder what my boy is learning in school?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join