It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Stanton Fridman working for the CIA to refute reverse engineering claims?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I first became suspicious of this when he appeared on "The Day After Roswell" episode of the UFO Files about eight years ago. He seemed to be using some of the tactics that he complains about skeptics using against him; and even though I agree that both Philip Corso and Bob Lazar have their credibility problems, if the U.S. Government really did retrieve alien technology as even Stanton Freidman seems to believe then it would be inevitable that they try to research the technology and replicate what they can.

Yet Stanton Friedman doesn't do much if anything, that I know of, to explore what kind of progress they might have achieved in reverse engineering.

This doesn't seem to make any sense at all.

However it does fit in with what I call the "Recruit a group of crackpots" hypothesis which I posted years ago, and I'm sure it is similar to others theories as well. I explored this more in my most recent post UFO Hypothesis with what I consider a rational use of Occam's Razor.

Stanton Fridman may have provided some of the back ground for this hypothesis with his well known MJ-12 documents where they included one pseudo-skeptic, Donald Menzel and one UFO researcher Roscoe H. Hillenkoetter. This implies a possible pattern of behavior that would make sense if they wanted to control disclosure from both sides of the debate. If this was a beginning of a pattern then it would make sense to have the leading spokesperson for UFO research on their side if possible. they could give him an enormous advantage if they have control of the media which is increasingly likely with the consolidation of the media.

Also if the claims by Philip Corso are partly true and a large portion of rapidly developing technology is a result of tacit or intentional help from aliens then they must have anticipated that there would be some evidence and the more control of the debate they have the more effective they can make it seem unlikely at least to the masses that aren't paying attention.

If this is the case then a lot of other researchers that go along with the program might also be influenced by the CIA as well including Michael Shermer, who is obvious to some of us and clowns making an enormous amount of mistakes that get coverage and make the UFO subject seem absurd.

Most conspiracy theories are often portrayed as fringe because so many of them are full of obvious blunders; however there are an enormous amount of ones that don't have these obvious blunders and in many cases the government comes out with releases of classified documents that admit to them. But they're released quietly and quickly forgotten by the MSM. This goes back to the Contactee movement of the fifties, which many people believe were propped up by the CIA to make UFOs seem fringe.

this is why I think it is helpful to organize some of the most basic facts about legitimate unsolved mysteries, since some of the conspiracy theories will inevitably foll through. I reviewed some of those including massive megaliths that couldn't be moved with experiments in 107 Wonders of the Ancient World and Why so few arrests for Crop Circles makers? Is there microwave evidence?

Also another obvious implication is that if the CIA would be monitoring these conspiracy theory boards. That should be obvious to most here. and they would almost certainly, at a minimum have commentators on them. If possible they would even want to have influence, one way or another, with some of the moderators.

Not that I would expect confirmation or denial on that, but I can't believe I'm the only one speculating on it or even the first one to mention the possibility.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: zacherystaylor

I recall Friedman once saying decades ago that he had worked on developing football-sized nuclear reactors. Of course, those could have been mini-power supplies for satellites, etc. But the point is he is in a position to have spent time over the years to give us information (a book?) about how UFOs appear to work and how from a scientific standpoint we would re-engineer such devices to match or closely follow the apparent capabilities of UFOs, and what we could expect from our own efforts. In effect, he has not brought his expertise into the field. That avoidance is telling.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Stan Friedman and the CIA you say

It would makes sense of his attitude toward Bob Lazar now wouldn't it

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

What I find funny is how Friedman was so quick to discredit Lazar and is so quick to make his own claims.

His is an expert in his field, but so is Brett Favre, and Brett Favre doesn't give Tiger Woods tips on his back swing...

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

You're right that he could have done more to speculate about space travel with his expertise which is better than mine, and my post reviews the Orion and Daedalus projects.

He has written his fair share of books some of which I read; however in all fairness I haven't read them all. But he could find a way to work it into his regular appearances on TV or the web. He did work out a hypothesis for the possibility of life on a binary system when speculating about Betty and Barnie Hill. This system had two stars that were far apart and a planet orbiting one wouldn't get much light from the other. However I'm skeptical about most binary hypothesis' since it would be difficult if not impossible to develop advanced life without constant atmosphere unavailable on Binary systems.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

This is true but Bob Lazar really does have his problems. It may be getting weird but it is possible that Lazar was recruited to release the truth in an unreliable manner then Stanton Friedmen would seem rational when debunking him.

Then eventually Corso comes along seeming a little more credible. But he has his problems to which should be considered. that is the basic principle of the Recruiting Crackpots hypothesis. They can disclose it and no one would believe it.

Which is why we need to sort out the hard facts.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

What I find funny is how Friedman was so quick to discredit Lazar and is so quick to make his own claims.

What exactly are Friedman's claims?

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: zacherystaylor
a reply to: Aliensun

You're right that he could have done more to speculate about space travel with his expertise which is better than mine, and my post reviews the Orion and Daedalus projects.

He has said he does not speculate.

His interest is in actual documentation.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

He has speculated at times and they're often selective like many other people. That isn't the problem since this is reasonable but to deny doing any speculating would be unreliable especially with the field he's chosen.

The important thing is keeping the speculation separate from claims of fact.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

a reply to: Annee

He has speculated at times and they're often selective like many other people. That isn't the problem since this is reasonable but to deny doing any speculating would be unreliable especially with the field he's chosen.

The important thing is keeping the speculation separate from claims of fact.

Thanks, I probably stated that wrong.

I know he tries to focus on documents and facts. He tries to avoid the UFO label.

It is a field where some speculation is needed. Knowing the difference, Yes.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

What exactly are Friedman's claims?

Well for a man of his experience and esteem, you would think he'd talk less about the encounters and more about how he thinks they got here.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I don't know man, after reviewing these photos I'm inclined to think a even bigger conspiracy is going on.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

The use the same stylist...The rumors are true!

Maybe they're born with it, maybe it's aliens.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Almost my point. If they wanted the ancient alien theory to be taken seriously they could have and would have chosen someone that appeared more credible than Giorgio Tsoukalos who obviously appears like a clown. Stanton Friedman appears much more rational but that doesn't mean he is always telling the truth or that he doesn't have an undisclosed agenda.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Wow thats wierd I just saw his I'm a physics guy ask me anything and I thought "who do you work for?" and "Where is the meekro film!?"

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Think of it this way: Stanton is subject to the same multi-million dollar disinformation campaign that the US military is always engaged in, and also the MSM and the political influences of every day life. Because of these social conditionings, not even the best in the field will get everything right because of that social conditioning. I see him as not wanting to cross a certain line. Maybe there is more to it. I would just be guessing to say he has been compromised by CIA or NSA though..

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Almost my point. If they wanted the ancient alien theory to be taken seriously they could have and would have chosen someone that appeared more credible than Giorgio Tsoukalos who obviously appears like a clown. Stanton Friedman appears much more rational but that doesn't mean he is always telling the truth or that he doesn't have an undisclosed agenda.

Ouch; Einstein if taken upon his appearance should have garnered similar commentary "crazy electrified hair"/unkempt overgrown mustache (mismatched socks or shoes). Pettiness in its most brutal juvenile form.
edit on 21-10-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
Think of it this way: Stanton is subject to the same multi-million dollar disinformation campaign that the US military is always engaged in, and also the MSM and the political influences of every day life. Because of these social conditionings, not even the best in the field will get everything right because of that social conditioning. I see him as not wanting to cross a certain line. Maybe there is more to it. I would just be guessing to say he has been compromised by CIA or NSA though..

He seems to have quietly disappeared from the heyday limelight of the 90s. Retired gracefully? (ask the same of Richard Hoagland/what a raw deal RIDE of ones life that poor fellow endured; same for Lazar).
edit on 21-10-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

This is true to a point but a close look indicates that there are some things that he almost certainly should do better at. If he does have an ulterior motive of some sort that could explain it; however if he doesn't it's hard to imagine what the explanation could be.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

This certainly makes sense; but in Einstein's case when he is scrutinized closely and rationally it holds out. In Giorgio Tsoukalos's case he makes an enormous amount of obvious blunders mixed in with some legitimate mysteries where he might actually be closer to the truth than so-called skeptics.

the "Recruit a group of crackpots" hypothesis can easily mix up the truth with an enormous amount of disinformation.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join