It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Check me out but not here..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

In my opinion, Don Shipley is a stud. He's a former Navy Seal who travels the country busting fake Navy Seals. Which apparently is a booming market according to this ATS thread

“Only 500 [SEALs] served in Vietnam. And we’ve met all 20,000 of them,” said Steve Robinson, a former SEAL in Forsyth, Mo., and author of “No Guts, No Glory: Unmasking Navy SEAL Imposters.”

It's great that some people are calling these "posers" out.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Well he kept his cool. Even while being told he was a liar.

Your close! But keep checking, then check me out....but not here....but keep checking,mcuz your close!

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Although I do like Don Shipley I have to admit I don't like this. So what that he is imposing as a navy seal. Now these people have taken away probably the only thing he had going for him. It's his illusion. Let him live it. He isn't hurting anyone.
If he wants to say he is willy wonks then so be it. As long as he isn't abusing oompah loopas then all fine

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Interesting video thanks for sharing.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: liteonit6969

Oh ...not hurting anyone?
Stolen Valor is callled THAT for a reason ,it's lack of respect, a loss of values that we fight to maintain ...unless of course we are COMPLETELY shunned.
THEN they'll draft WHOMEVER.
NAYBE even YOU.
I wouldn't like it very much to have incompetant people who can't do the job ,being placed in them. THAT will get ALOT of people killed.
Which will make them quite happy to kill off the surplas AND loose our country to any number of enemies.

(post by Hendrick99 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
It's disrespectful to the fine and upstanding trained government killers - these frauds should be ashamed of themselves. And unless you've been sent to a foreign land to kill strangers by our professionally smooth-talking, pathologically lying career politicians - you wouldn't understand.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Don also rips apart a few myths about Jesse Ventura and Mr. Rogers...

For many years there was a wonderful gentleman on PBS by the name of Fred Rogers, and the name of his program was “Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood.” Legend has it that he was a U.S. Navy Seal, combat-proven veteran of the Vietnam War and had 25 confirmed kills to his name. He was a master in small arms and hand-to-hand combat, able to disarm or kill in a heartbeat.

Here is the reason why Fred Rogers always wore a cardigan sweater, during every episode of “Mr. Rogers’ Neighborhood.” He wore a sweater to cover up the many tattoos on his forearms and biceps from his past life. He did not wish to set a poor example for the millions of children who watched his program for more than three decades.

Why Mr. Rogers always wore a sweater

edit on 12-10-2015 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: liteonit6969
Although I do like Don Shipley I have to admit I don't like this. So what that he is imposing as a navy seal. Now these people have taken away probably the only thing he had going for him. It's his illusion. Let him live it. He isn't hurting anyone.
If he wants to say he is willy wonks then so be it. As long as he isn't abusing oompah loopas then all fine

He is a Harey Davidson group lead mechanic I believe the owner said. He has that going for him.

As far as the ambush journalism/Navy Seal phony hunting goes, I suspect you'd have to be a Seal to truly understand it.

You know back when I was an active Seal..jk.

I'd like to think I have or had what it takes to be a Navy SEAL, it requires something most don't have and most likely predominately due to upbringing. Suffice to say a Hard Knocks life can certainly prepare you for such an adventure but it takes so much more than just thick skin. More than overcoming diversity. More than overcoming fear. More than anything I can imagine.

Because I can't, I'm glad there are those who can. I deride the U.S. Government often, but to those of you brave enough to do what you do to give us the liberties we ourselves our losing here on the home front, I thank you and am sorry we couldn't keep up our end of the bargain by keeping scumbags out of office.

to you!

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I am of a mixed opinion on these things. The law does not say you can lie a pretend to be ex military anything only that you can not used it to get discounts, goods or services etc. And people who do it for that reason I do not have a problem with going after them. However, in many of these videos (not necessarily this guys I have not seen them all) it is pretty clear the people are not all there. Those ones just make me uncomfortable.

I remember once grabbing a drink in bar with a guy who was way up on top of the CIA food chain. While we were there another guy was spinning tales about how he was CIA and home from a covert mission he could not talk about and that he had done this and that etc. My friend said nothing to him and let him go on and on. I wanted to say something but, it was people so his call.

Unless you have mental problem that causes you do things like this I do not understand how people who ever feel comfortable doing things like this. Some I understand wanted to serve but, could not for health reasons etc. They could still serve in things like Civil Air Patrol or MARS military auxiliary radio system, Coast Guard Auxiliary or even a State Defense Force. They have few to no physical or age requirements. So if you really wanted to put on a uniform and serve you could and you could be honest about it and do some good.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

I doubt I would have lasted more than a week in SEAL training.

USN boot camp was a piece of cake but SEAL training, no way.

The dropout rate is around 75%.

I suspect SEAL trainers are probably a lot like the chief of security on Pandora...

Col. Quaritch: You are not in Kansas anymore. You are on Pandora, ladies and gentlemen. If there is a Hell, you might wanna go there for some R & R after a tour on Pandora. If you wish to survive, you need to cultivate a strong, mental aptitude.

www.imdb.com...

edit on 12-10-2015 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Below are a few links that discuss why the drop rate for elite operatives is so high.

Some of the videos are by Don Shipley BTW...

Why Do Candidates Fail out of BUDS?

Why is the fail rate so high in BUDS? Despite 3 decades plus of heavy efforts to make training better the powers that be have not moved the needle at all. The drop rate for BUDS is still 80% plus. Most come to BUDS in very good physical shape. But they clearly lack the mental part as they begin to drop out very quickly in the second week.

Tips to not get dropped at BUDS:

Tip #1
Train hard and smart with long distance endurance. If your doing a 20 minute CrossFit metcons at the gym – that is great. But run or ruck or bike to the gym and do the same on the way home. Add in longer endurance to your workouts.

Tip #2
Know your why and burn it into your soul. If you don’t know your “why” now then work on it. As your out rucking or running ask yourself – why am I doing this?

Tip #3
Read a ton of books like “Lone Survivor: The Eyewitness Account of Operation Redwing and the Lost Heroes of SEAL Team 10. This will help you to realize what is involved in this commitment. Going to BUDS and being in the Teams is not for the faint of heart. You can’t be lukewarm and want to go to BUDS and finish. You need to be on fire and know your “why”.

Tip #4
Be prepared to sacrifice for the team. Always.

Question: Coach, why do most guys quit at BUDS? There are a mixed bag of reasons but from my observations most quitters emerged in the night after getting cold in the surf. Going back in the surf one more time was just too much. Guys don’t quit at the doorway to the chow hall when they are getting ready for a hot meal and a sit down.

Question: How much do your chances improve after completing Hell Week? Good question. There probably are actual stats but i am not sure so here is a rough guess. Your percent of graduation moves to about 50% chance instead of less than 20% I would say after pool comp you move to 80% chance. Third phase you move to 90% as there are still wash outs and safety violations

I saw this happen with far too many people at boot camp. 99% were made up because they couldn’t admit to themselves, out loud, they were quitters. I would say life in general is 80% mental and 20% physical, and there’s probably an 80% dropout rate in life…as in people just give up and don’t even try. BUDS is a major weed out program. They only want the best of the best. I went back the second time and passed.

sealgrinderpt.com...

What distinguishes the various famous elite units in the U.S. Military from one another?
www.quora.com...

Which unit has the largest washout rate during training: the Navy SEALs, Green Berets or Delta Force?
www.quora.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: liteonit6969

You made me think of an interesting point... sometimes maybe the only way the homeless can get people to give a damn about them is if they are a vet. Is it their fault, or society's fault for forcing them to go to these lengths to get a little help?

Its a little ironic (dont know if this is the best word) that worldwide military spending could feed, shelter, clothe, and give medical care to the world, so, because of that spending, these vets, both real and fake, are going without the previously listed basic human needs, and so they must then rely on their service record, legit or falsified/exaggerated, in order to get a few extra scraps. A strange circle of cause and effect.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

I do understand why people like Don are p*ssed at these people. After dedicating their lives and losing family and friends along the way I can understand. But this kind of ambush journalism isn't necessary. So what if thsee people make up this stuff. I think most people are intelligent enough to know who is waffling.

I just think that with a big crowd behind you s'n-word'ing and poking fun shows these people to be bullies. And actually when it came down to it I thought the biker held his own with Don and his buddies backing off a bit maybe afraid he would give them a wedgy.

On a serious note I honestly think that for a person to go to the bother of tattooing themselves, researching the ranks and teams they must be very lonely and a bit pathetic. Do you not think they KNOW they are pathetic. Because when you are alone at night in bed you can't hide from the voices of truth inside your head.
Going into this man's community where he probably feels part of something and ridiculing him is low and shows what these people really are....bullies.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
You have a good point.

top topics

join