It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The spiritual side of a 60 ft wave

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Telepathy3

Tempting fate of another kind. 'Riding' the lava…

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Totally agree with you regarding the spiritual side of this sport.

Having just posted on a thread on the elements , it seems appropriate to contribute here.

From the sports point of view, the element I am comfortable with is the sea. I learnt to swim in the sea and I can say that I am in love with it. Strangely also , I have always had the belief that the sea would never take me. I have saved people from drowning on separate occasions and have myself been swept by 20 ft waves without having the benefit of a surf board attached to my ankle and faced life and death situation at sea .

My eagerness to post here is to affirm that each one of us has a element with which were are totally comfortable. I know water is mine (even though - astrologically- I am predominantly air). Perhaps it is because air will always surface in water that I am not afraid of it.

I have intuited a long time ago that people who do rock-climbing have a spiritual affinity wilth the element of Earth. It is amazing that they do not fall and extraordinary to watch their confidence as their toes probe for a small cracks along the face of the mountaim peak so that they can progress in their ascent. I am extremenly scared of doing that kind of sport.

It follows therefore that the elements of Air and that of Fire can also be attributed to sport. I will let people draw their own conclusion.

That is my spiritual take on surfing.

edit on 26-12-2015 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-12-2015 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Ill surf on tsunamis one day..

<< 1   >>

join