It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The spiritual side of a 60 ft wave

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
The spiritual side of surfing is fascinating cause it's roots of humbleness go back decades before a lot of other sports and it's the only sport where one can experience the alive part of nature. I just wanted to post this craziness cause many surfers see it as a down to earth experience with just them and nature, but it's now at an insane and amazing point where people surf up to 8 story high waves in extremely deep water off of dreamlike shores

Big wave surfing

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Telepathy3

Another view of the one at 1:08. Relax, go full screen and turn it up…

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Hah I was gonna put that one up too for the up close view, just watched it a minute ago that stuffs crazy

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Telepathy3
The spiritual side of surfing is fascinating cause it's roots of humbleness go back decades before a lot of other sports and it's the only sport where one can experience the alive part of nature. I just wanted to post this craziness cause many surfers see it as a down to earth experience with just them and nature, but it's now at an insane and amazing point where people surf up to 8 story high waves in extremely deep water off of dreamlike shores

Big wave surfing

Great video! I love surfing. The dude that paddled in at the 29 second mark of this video is insane....I can't believe he was even able to catch that wave. He almost lost it.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Check this insanity out

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Like minded this morning? I was going to put this up but thought it off topic from surfing water. Since you mentioned him…

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

That was a good one, so close proximity. You could see his shadow on the mountains too

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

You missed my point, "Telepathy3". I was going to post Jokke Sommer but withheld, and then you posted it.

Of course, just a coincidence.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Like minded indeed

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

There you have it, folks, an actual incident of telepathy and the crowd goes,

crickets…

Telepathy3, ever think of someone just before the phone rings, and its them?

Ever think of someone and bump into them somewhere you both don't normally go?

Think of a song and it plays on the radio, think of a friend and they knock at the door, think of a tv show and it comes on.

Those are simple ones, you might have some better…

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
One of my favorite wingsuit proximity videos. And while we are on it, my favorite longboarding video.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Nice nice, I was trying to reply to you before but it wouldn't let me for some reason. Anyway There's a great documentary called riding giants that's shows surfings history from when they used to ride 40 footers in Hawaii with no life vests or leashes. This is a good clip from a documentary called "laird", and that wing suiting flying is amazing I couldn't imagine traveling down a mountain like that or jumping off mt Everest or something

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Thanks for that one, awesome footage. How does someone even survive long enough to get good enough to survive that long?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Right? I remember being in the ocean and getting tumbled underwater by a five footer, meanwhile their spun like a washing machine in 40 foots. And there's those videos where it shows them getting caught in the lip at the top of the wave and then you see them and their board go over the falls and smash. This video has a few really crazy wipeouts, and few cool angels from a gropro mounted on their board

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

So this is going to sound kooky but last night I had a dream that I was standing on a beach watching gentle waves roll in and a man was standing behind me trying to explain to me that I could learn a lot from "deep energy" (whatever that means) if I would stop being afraid of it. Something about connection/symbiosis. I didn't really understand what he was saying and I wanted him to shut up to be honest. I am drawn to the ocean but terrified of it. I won't go in past my knees and I was afraid that he was going to pull me into deeper water. (My subconscious is a jerk sometimes.) Your video caused me to remember the dream. Those waves... My god...

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Hanging ten from space…

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

I had a dream once of waiting in an "office" with others like a doctors waiting room? People were being led to a door that, when opened, blazed with white light. I couldn't see in, but was deathly afraid of going in there. Finally it was my turn and the "usher" motioned me to stand up and approach. As I got closer I could see the light coming from beneath the door and I stopped, turned and ran from the room.

Bummer, I haven't been asked back. That was decades ago.

Next time your "usher" offers to teach you more, try to overcome your fear and stay in the room.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Wow, what a life. jumping from space. That dolphin was riding the wave toolol. Look at this thing created by red bull

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

You saw red bull jump from space? There were endless threads, it was awesome…

Yah, lol Dolphins win, humans wipeout.

Edit: thanks for the video, bookmarked under crazy stunts. Theres lots of dolphin surfing footage. I always knew they were smiling for a reason.

Video search
edit on 13-10-2015 by intrptr because: Edit:

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Wow there was a ton of em'.

I posted this in my animals thread a while back

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join