It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Memphis cop killed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
A little over two months after a Memphis PD officer was killed investigating a suspicious vehicle, another officer is killed.

This time it was a guy barely out of his rookie year, killed in his own driveway as he was leaving for work. The details are a little sketchy still, but all sources are reporting that he was off-duty and leaving for work when he was shot multiple times. He was able to get back to the door of his house, but died of his wounds after being transported to the hospital. A suspect is in custody but has not been charged yet. Some media are reporting that the officer was involved in an altercation with a neighbor, others are reporting that he was attempting to break up an altercation between neighbors. Several outlets are carrying comments by neighbors that the suspect has been involved in several incidents in the neighborhood with several residents. Witnesses are claiming they heard as many as 15 shots fired. Officer Terence Olridge leaves behind a four month pregnant fiancé.

In related news, the Memphis PD officer killed a little over two months ago was found to have suffered eight gunshot wounds at the time of his murder. The autopsy report was released last week, and states that Officer Bolton was shot in the face, torso, hand, hip, arm, leg, and thigh. The shots to the torso are believed to be the fatal ones.

Finally, a little news out of the Michigan lieutenant that was found dead. The fatal shots came from Lieutenant Gliniewicz's own weapon. The report states that the lieutenant's DNA was found on the weapon (expected) but that a second, unidentified male's DNA was also found on the weapon. Federal Marshals are no longer participating in the investigation, but both FBI and BATF still have agents assigned. The sheriff's office stated they're still treating it as a homicide case, but have not ruled out other possibilities such as suicide. This is the first time I can recall the SO saying anything about suicide (even if they didn't say much) so I found that interesting.

Gliniewicz Article - www.localmemphis.com...

Bolton article - www.newschannel5.com...

Olridge article - www.cbsnews.com...
edit on 12-10-2015 by Shamrock6 because: Autocorrect failed me

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Who knew what time he was leaving for work?

Its probably just an interesting coincidence.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

If it was a neighbor then I would say it would be easy to know when he was leaving for work. I see my neighbors every morning when they leave.

If it was a planned kill, then surely whomever planned it would know when he was leaving.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Did you bother to read anything after that line? Because it's fairly clearly explains what lead to his shooting, and in no way implies that it was a drive by ambush or something.

Christ almighty.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I was reading this yesterday. Sad.

As far as the other case where they found another DNA on the gun, is that unusual at all? If it were a known criminal or another officer, wouldn't the DNA be in a database they can search?

Either way, unless there is some reason that the gun should be clean of all DNA but the officer's, I am wondering why this was even mentioned unless they truly believe there was another individual involved in the shooting. That or they are just trying to cast doubt on suicide so the family can collect benefits or something and are not left out in the cold because of a suicide. Sad for all of them.
edit on 10/12/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

That's the key word here: known. DNA is great, as long as you have something to match it to. If you don't, it's pretty much worthless until you have something to compare it to. Not that unusual to find DNA on an officer's gun, though. Some guys will let friends or family shoot their weapon at the range. Not really anything that says you can't, so it's preference. I don't let anybody handle my weapon other than other LE, but to contrast that my dad let me shoot his weapons when I was growing up. He didn't let anybody outside of myself and other LE handle them, though.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

If it was a neighbor then I would say it would be easy to know when he was leaving for work. I see my neighbors every morning when they leave.

I doubt you or anyone is stupid enough to gun down a neighbor (the cop next door?) and then go mow the lawn or something.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Did you bother to read anything after that line? Because it's fairly clearly explains what lead to his shooting…

You mean the "Official line", right?

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Don't be so quick to believe everything you read about some event.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Did you bother to read anything after that line? Because it's fairly clearly explains what lead to his shooting…

You mean the "Official line", right?

Yea the "official line" that his family and neighbors are all in on and being paid for.

Yep, that one.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

I doubt you or anyone is stupid enough to gun down a neighbor (the cop next door?) and then go mow the lawn or something.

I would say anyone going to murder someone is pretty stupid. Plenty of people have gunned down neighbors. I don't think logic was in play here.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

That's the key word here: known. DNA is great, as long as you have something to match it to. If you don't, it's pretty much worthless until you have something to compare it to. Not that unusual to find DNA on an officer's gun, though. Some guys will let friends or family shoot their weapon at the range. Not really anything that says you can't, so it's preference. I don't let anybody handle my weapon other than other LE, but to contrast that my dad let me shoot his weapons when I was growing up. He didn't let anybody outside of myself and other LE handle them, though.

Yeah, I would figure if it was a family member that the DNA would have been a close enough match to determine that though. Sucks for the family, but it seems as if they are keeping the "other DNA" on the gun thing going solely for the benefit of the family he left behind. I hate to be quick to judge, but this seems like a likely suicide situation in which the officer attempted to make it look like it wasn't. I know it would be odd, but if he knew his family would not receive benefits should he kill himself, but he really wanted to die, the only way around that is to throw doubt on suicide and he would likely know how to do that I would think.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

I would say anyone going to murder someone is pretty stupid. Plenty of people have gunned down neighbors. I don't think logic was in play here.

I'll admit, I don't know. What did I read in that link? He was shot eight times with his own gun but neighbors heard as many as fifteen shots?

…details are sketchy…

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
So young.. I feel sorry for his family, thank you for the post.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I'll admit, I don't know. What did I read in that link? He was shot eight times with his own gun but neighbors heard as many as fifteen shots?

…details are sketchy…

No idea, I don't see anything in the link to the story mentioning how many times he was shot. Is there another link I missed on this one somewhere? We are talking about the most recent one right? Olridge?

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

No, somebody has blended all three stories together.

The cop shot with his own gun is the Michigan cop. The cop shot 8 times was Bolton, the MPD cop killed two months ago. The fifteen shots are what witnesses are saying they heard in the Olridge shooting.

Given how I structured my OP, I really have no idea how any two of those stories can be blended together, let alone all three.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

The cop shot with his own gun is the Michigan cop. The cop shot 8 times was Bolton, the MPD cop killed two months ago. The fifteen shots are what witnesses are saying they heard in the Olridge shooting.

Given how I structured my OP, I really have no idea how any two of those stories can be blended together, let alone all three.

Yeah...I was wondering. You separated them out and each had parts of what the poster was stating. Anywho.....I guess that is what happens when you don't read the thread thoroughly, or the links.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I have seen people arrested who have scanners who had lists of officers, their names, phone numbers, patrol beat, schedule, type of duty weapon they carry etc. Its not so easy to dismiss as a coincidence.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Yea, always fun when you find a list of unit numbers with names and other pertinents next to them. Had one guy tell a buddy of mine he just liked making lists.

Turns out he liked making lists alright. Lists of our agency, the SO, the PD next to us, and the highway patrol in the area.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Yeah...I was wondering. You separated them out and each had parts of what the poster was stating. Anywho.....I guess that is what happens when you don't read the thread thoroughly, or the links.

nvm…

edit on 12-10-2015 by intrptr because: (no reason given)

top topics

join