It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covert plan at Ecuadorian Embassy strengthened after removing dedicated guards (Assange)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Which is nice however you are obfuscating the point, which is understandable because you just got caught with a double standard.

Maybe try answering the point instead of trying to obfuscate it.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

My answer stands, I wouldn't trust the US or UK governments if I was Assange, and I would take advantage of the sanctuary offered by Ecuador.

We know that elements of the US government want him, and okay there is no formal request but that is hardly surprising because if there was he would probably never leave the embassy then.

Yep, Sweden want him for the rape charge which is solely down to the question of did he wear a condom as agreed prior to the sex, or not. For all we know he is innocent of that charge.
He offered to be interviewed in the embassy but that was refused by Swedish authorities, so as far as I see it the main intent is to get him out of that embassy before anything else.

As we know the US government would love to get their hands on him it is my speculation that the moment he leaves the embassy then an immediate request will be made to extradite him to the US, either to the UK or Swedish governments.

Yes, speculation, unknowns, but not an unlikely outcome.
You may disagree, but again you are speculating just as I am, but I would certainly continue holing up in that embassy if I was Assange, there is no guarantee that he is safe from US 'justice' if he sets foot on UK soil again.
You clearly trust US/UK governments, that's cool, but at the level of government we are talking here I would be as skeptical as Assange is.

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I imagine there is CCTV all over that embassy as it is, but with no continual police presence it certainly appears to make Assange's options slightly easier if he makes a break for it.

Obviously, that is what they want him to think, hoping he'll make a move. A bloke who has gone through what he has, is not going to be that kind of stupid.

Bit of a childish ploy if you ask me...bit like a loony chasing you with a blood soaked axe, shouting that they only want to talk to you!

posted on Nov, 1 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

Haha, agreed!
Only a muppet would fall for that, and I don't think Assange is that naive.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: Salander
When the law is not enforced, it is an illusion only, a tool for deception.

and in this case Assange violated US law...

In addition to Swedish law....

and he refuses to take responsibility for his actions... Ironic

Yup.. quite the hero is he.

If you were informed about this case, you would know already that the first prosecutor involved dropped the charges, finding them insufficient under Swedish law.

All this nonsense, all this expense by the British government, all over a man not using a condom during consensual sex.

Oh yeah man, he is a criminal extraordinaire. LOL.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Salander

Its Swedish law... Nothing they have done as violated their procedures / legal system.

Assange is a p*ssy.. no more no less.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I wonder if Sweden has a statute of limitations, and if so, if whatever Assange is charged with (can't remember is it rape or sexual assault) exempt from said statute.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: BMorris
I wonder if Sweden has a statute of limitations, and if so, if whatever Assange is charged with (can't remember is it rape or sexual assault) exempt from said statute.

Statute of limitations deals with bringing charges. Since an arrest warrant was issued I think the time frame becomes frozen.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: BMorris

Yes it does. Several of the charges against Assange expired several months ago. One still remains, and I'm not sure of its expiration date.

It is a political circus, nothing more.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join