It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Ebola man made?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Ebola seems to share many characteristics with the man made disease Myxomitosis.
Myxomitosis was developed in laboratories to control the rabbit population in the UK. It was also let out in Australia and the US. It is highly contagious and causes internal bleeding, break down of the liver and kidneys, and bleeding from the eyes, mouth and anus.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Antidisestablishment

Or it could be the other way around, perhaps ebola was the inspiration for Myxomitosis.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

If Africans would leave bats alone, and not have sex with animals outside their own species, they would be doing the world a great favor.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Man doesn't make viruses, he modifies them to more lethal forms.

Then hides them, just in case.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
It has been said before that certain diseases are man made. I am actually starting to believe ....
AIDS
The so-called American "flesh eating" virus
Ebola
The resurgence of the "Black Plague"
etc.

edit on 12-10-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

If Africans would leave bats alone, and not have sex with animals outside their own species, they would be doing the world a great favor.

That's so stupid. Do you believe every lie you're told about Africans? Think about it for a second. Homo Sapiens have been in Africa for 160,000 - 250,000 years. Yet there were no outbreaks of Ebola & HIVS/AIDs until modern times.

If Ebola or AIDS/HIV were in African populations in the 600s AD and onward, the millions of enslaved Africans in the Arab slave trade would've spread HIV to the world back then. Especially since sex slavery was one of the most common forms of slavery in the Arab Slave Trade.

If Ebola or AIDS/HIV were in African populations in the 1400s-1800s, the 10 million enslaved Africans in the European slave trade would've brought HIV to the rest of the world back then. After all, those slaves were shipped to Europe, North America, and South America. In fact, most people in the Caribbean have African lineage, and countries like Haiti, Barbados & the Bahamas were slave colonies. And even 50% of all Brazilians have 50% or more African blood.

If Ebola or HIV/AIDS were in African populations from the late 1800s to the 1940s, they would've spread to the European countries then. After all, all but 2 countries in Africa were invaded and taken over by the Europeans during that time period (aka, "the Scramble for Africa".)

But when did HIV/AIDS & Ebola start showing up in Africa? Only when the European empires were being forced out of Africa. Take the Congo for example. Homo Sapiens are theorized to have existed there for up to 250,000 years. Yet no HIV/AIDS epidemics. The Belgians controlled the Congo from 1908 to 1960. The reign of the Belgian King Leopold II saw more than 10 million Congolese people killed in his genocidal policies. Still no HIV/AIDS epidemics. It was only when the Congolese people starting revolting that the HIV/AIDS outbreak happened. And the first major outbreak was 2-4 years after the notorious US-Belgian Polio vaccination program where more than 1 million Congolese people were forced to take that experimental vaccine.

Then look at Apartheid South Africa. HIV/AIDS is a major epidemic there. But go back & look at when the large outbreaks started. And this guy, Wouter Basson, is well known now because of his racial experiments to kill black South Africans. In fact, here's a quote about him (the link has a good video about his situation, too):

Basson, a cardiologist by trade, was made the head of Project Coast in 1983. Under the orders of then-President PW Botha, Basson secretly created large batches of toxins and bio-toxins under the guise of research laboratories. The chemicals were made as a last resort against enemy forces, and Basson created various covert ways to administer the weapons.

South African Doctor Found Guilty Of Creating Drugs, Chemicals To Kill Africans

And here's another quote when he was specifically asked about the "black bomb", which was a series of classified biological weapons meant to kill off the black South African population:

When Basson was interviewed by filmmaker Bob Coen for the documentary Anthrax Wars, screened in 2009, Coen asked him about rumours that Project Coast worked on developing an "ethnic weapon", the "black bomb". Basson responded: "That was great, ja, that was the most fun I've had in my life."

South Africa's 'Dr Death' turns motivational speaker

Yet you're ignoring this & believing the ridiculous notion that Africans supposedly caused these diseases by mating with chimps & playing with contaminated bats? That's the same dumbed down logic as the "UFOS are swamp gas" excuse. The European powerbrokers in their former African colonies wanted to do the same thing the European colonists in the American colonies did: kill off the indigenous people through introduced diseases so they could claim the land & natural resources for themselves. It's like people forget the widespread Western eugenics programs & the large scale chemical & biological weapons programs the West perfected during the World Wars.

As an added example, look at HIV/AIDS in America. When its outbreaks first happened, it was called GRIDS (Gay Related ImmunoDeficiency Syndrome). It was believed to be a disease that only gay people could contract. Yet in the 1980s, Bayer intentionally sold to the US, Europe, and Latin America a blood clotting drug called "Factor 8 concentrate" that was contaminated with HIV. Think about that for a second.
edit on 12-10-2015 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

why suggesting a sex link?
Bush meat would be closer to the truth than suggesting having sex with monkeys as a means to cross species

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

man (humans) have 'identified' ebola in lab and seen it spread and what happens without treatment but didnt create it

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

It's actually a Belgian scientist - Peter Piot - who first isolated the Ebola virus.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke

It's actually a Belgian scientist - Peter Piot - who first isolated the Ebola virus.

Yep. And that wikipedia link makes my point with the first paragragh.

Baron Peter Piot, MD, PhD FRCP FMedSci (born 1949) is a Belgian microbiologist known for his research into Ebola and AIDS. After helping discover the Ebola virus in 1976 and leading efforts to contain the first-ever recorded Ebola epidemic that same year, Piot became a pioneering researcher into AIDS. He has held key positions in the United Nations and World Health Organization involving AIDS research. He has also served as a professor at several universities worldwide.[1]

Homo Sapiens have lived in the Congo for up to 250,000 years (it was temporarily called "Zaire" when this microbiologist helped "discover" Ebola). But Ebola & the HIV/AIDS epidemics only happened when the colonizers were forced out. Not when they invaded & conquered; not when they occupied & ruled; only when they were facing revolutions or had been kicked out.

Same goes for HIV/AIDS in Zimbabwe, Angola, and the other countries. Just look at the years the first major outbreaks & widespread pandemics happened. Then compare those dates to when the African nations regained independence or were fighting to regain their independence. Tanzania's first AIDS case was in 1983, Malawi's was in 1985, Angola's was in 1985, Zimbabwe's was in 1985, Lesotho's was in 1986, Swaziland's was in 1986, etc.

One day, I may make a separate thread about this. I'm already researching & writing a piece on it (as you can probably tell).

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

NVM

edit on 10/12/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Whoops, I missed your comment. Feel free to jump in (unless it was something mean, then grrr)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Baron Peter Piot, MD, PhD FRCP FMedSci (born 1949) is a Belgian microbiologist known for his research into Ebola and AIDS. After helping discover the Ebola virus in 1976 and leading efforts to contain the first-ever recorded Ebola epidemic that same year, Piot became a pioneering researcher into AIDS. He has held key positions in the United Nations and World Health Organization involving AIDS research. He has also served as a professor at several universities worldwide.[1]

Homo Sapiens have lived in the Congo for up to 250,000 years (it was temporarily called "Zaire" when this microbiologist helped "discover" Ebola). But Ebola & the HIV/AIDS epidemics only happened when the colonizers were forced out. Not when they invaded & conquered; not when they occupied & ruled; only when they were facing revolutions or had been kicked out.

are you suggesting that a disease doesn't really exist until its cause has been properly identified, characterised, described and published?
and for the record, Congo/Zaire gained their independece already in 1960.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Antidisestablishment
Ebola seems to share many characteristics with the man made disease Myxomitosis.
Myxomitosis was developed in laboratories to control the rabbit population in the UK. It was also let out in Australia and the US. It is highly contagious and causes internal bleeding, break down of the liver and kidneys, and bleeding from the eyes, mouth and anus.

From what I have read Ebola is a very stable organism. It has been found in rocks which are over 5000 years old apparently. Outbreacks of Ebola up until recent times has shown it to be very stable. To whatever extent it is now not stable (I have read that there are varios strains of it in outbreaks in the last year or so) , it means that its either not Ebola or it has been modified in a laboratory to destabliise it.

If this is the case why?

Why was there dire predictions and concern about Ebloa earlier in the year but then it just dissappeared off the radar all of a sudden?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue
From what I have read Ebola is a very stable organism. It has been found in rocks which are over 5000 years old apparently. Outbreacks of Ebola up until recent times has shown it to be very stable. To whatever extent it is now not stable (I have read that there are varios strains of it in outbreaks in the last year or so) , it means that its either not Ebola or it has been modified in a laboratory to destabliise it.

why jump to that conclusion? This was the very first known major epidemic with extensive human to human transmission. While previous outbreaks didn't provide the opportunity to adapt to the human host, because they were too local and too shortlived, this particular outbreak allowed the virus with key factors for adaptation: sufficient time to adapt, and sufficient number of hosts to allow adaptation.

If this is the case why?

if... I haven't come across any indication that this might be the case

Why was there dire predictions and concern about Ebloa earlier in the year but then it just dissappeared off the radar all of a sudden?

which radar? MSF warned about this outbreak a long time before it appeared on the radar of MSM, Western news reports and even Western countries.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: whismermill

Bushmeat is what i heard too.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: whismermill

are you suggesting that a disease doesn't really exist until its cause has been properly identified, characterised, described and published?
and for the record, Congo/Zaire gained their independece already in 1960.

No, I'm suggesting that the disease didn't exist in the populations until then. Think about how fast Ebola spreads & how primitive medical technology was up until recently. And even though the Belgians had been in Central Africa since the early 1900s, Ebola was never a factor.

Also, I know that Congo/Zaire regained their independence before then. But their leader Patrice Lamumba was then assassinated by the West & a major war erupted there (usually called the Congo Crisis). The Western backed side was trying to break free of the new, anti-Western country.

I think the pro-Western side did experiments in a part of the world that no one cares about, so there would be no complaints. The Polio vaccination program that immediately preceded the first major HIV outbreak in Congo was a previous example.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

If this is the case why?

I agree. It's like people don't even want to consider what our biological weapons, viral weapons, and chemical weapons experts can do.

People don't seem to realize this, but HIV can be modified and used as a carrier for other things. But somehow, it's crazy to think it could've been modified for harmful purposes.

AIDS to the Rescue? Virus Cures Two Rare Genetic Diseases
How modified HIV cells are being used to treat cancer
Disabled HIV virus used to treat common childhood leukemia
HIV can cut and paste in the human genome
Doctors use HIV to cure Utah man's leukemia
edit on 13-10-2015 by enlightenedservant because: had typed "what out" instead of "what our"

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   

If this is the case why?

I agree. It's like people don't even want to consider what our biological weapons, viral weapons, and chemical weapons experts can do.

People don't seem to realize this, but HIV can be modified and used as a carrier for other things. But somehow, it's crazy to think it could've been modified for harmful purposes.

we exploit nature, meddle with it, and use its building blocks to our advantage. Why should HIV be any different? We observe what the virus does and how it does this, think of ways to use that information to our advantage, and use it to do some good. You make it sound like a bad thing

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: whismermill

If this is the case why?

we exploit nature, meddle with it, and use its building blocks to our advantage. Why should HIV be any different? We observe what the virus does and how it does this, think of ways to use that information to our advantage, and use it to do some good. You make it sound like a bad thing

Where did I say modifying if for helpful purposes was bad? What I was saying is that it can be freely manipulated, but for some reason it's considered crazy to think it's original form could've been modified for harmful purposes. Hence why we never had HIV/AIDs outbreaks until modern times, even though Homo Sapiens have been in Africa 160,000-250,000 years. Perhaps I wasn't clear on that?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join