It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Complaints

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

Police complaints reach record high
All part of the war against the Office of Constable.

"incivility, impoliteness and intolerance"
I expect civility, politeness and tolerance from police 100% of the time. And a clean uniform. A cop I encountered at the roadside some time back was distinctly uncivil. Not only that but his uniform was covered in mud and what looked like human remains. He could at least have made the effort to clean himself up and smile. Shocking.

www.business-standard.com...

The IPCC said most complaints were for "neglect or failure in duty" and follow a survey by the commission which showed public satisfaction following contact with the police was falling.
Wait a minute. "Neglect or failure in duty". Could that be the result of internal rules and regulations rather than being the fault of the constable concerned?

I'm beginning to lose my rant-power here. Too much thinking. I'll have to revert to the media prompted anti-police stance to keep this rant going.

Here's a good example. Let's complain about this guy. That sword might have been a nice collectors piece, he didn't make any attempt to stop it getting scratched on the road.

What about this one. She's already told him the guys going to kill someone so he wanders in there to get shot. What a waste of doughnuts. www.irishtimes.com...

When the woman entered the home, the man shot her.

The Garda followed the woman into the bedroom, where he was fatally shot with a handgun.

We're being prompted by the spook controlled media to make complaints against police. Let's do it. Let's complain loudly about everything they do.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

I think you need to be arrested for the crime of bottom licking!

The police have in the past had frightening unchecked power. Corruption has been rife in certain forces, too. We NEED more transparency and less of the old boy's network "anything can be fixed down at the Lodge".

Sorry, I disagree with just about everything you said. It stinks of naivety, misplaced almost "patriotism" and a uniform can do no harm tabloid readers' take on institutions. Wakey wakey Kester.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I cant complain...2 days ago a State Trooper pulled me over for speeding. I was going 70 mph in a 55 mph zone AND i had my 4 yr old son with me. I know, "bad dad" but the road was relatively flat and straight...it was hard NOT to speed! I had my drivers license but no registration or proof of insurance with me having cleaned out my truck the day prior and didn't promptly sort them out of papers I'd gathered from the glovebox so they could go back in there. It had been a terrible day prior to this. The greedy, hatin,' backstabbing bastards at work had been in full form. And while at work, the vet called and informed me that my older dog didn't pull through his illness. So...when the officer, not knowing any of this came back to my vehicle with only a warning slip, all I could say was "thank you sir, up til now this has been definitely been one of those days." To which he replied, "well hope tomorrow treats you better, slow down, be safe and get your documents in the vehicle, ok?" Around my neck of the woods, getting a break like this rarely happens!

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Kester,

The very reason that one should complain about police forces and individual officers alike, is to highlight the issues caused by an understaffed front line, private contractors being placed inside police stations on front desks, underfunded basic infrastructure, and an overfunded NCA.

The creation of the NCA, a British take on the FBI structure, has been a real drain on the coffers of the law enforcement budget, and the recent cuts to beat policing, the closure of stations, including three in my borough alone, can largely be attributed to the creation of the aforementioned agency, and wider cuts to the budget in general.

Rank and file police officers require certain support at the back of them, in order to be able to do their jobs effectively, and in a manner which suits the public. Without calling attention to the various failings of this underfunded, and therefore sub par front line policing effort, the cuts will not be corrected, and the people will be under a false impression on two key points.

First, they will be expecting service that they will not be receiving. Managing expectations is important, and our expectations, given the lack of funding available to fulfil those expectations, are far too high at the moment. Second, the people will be under the impression that the individual officer, or individual towns force, or counties force, or the police service in general, are responsible for the problems with policing in this country. This is a false impression of massive scale.

I would say that the best coppers I know, are more than aware of the problems being seen at the front line of policing these days, and that those issues begin not with individual members of the forces involved, but to do with the support those officers receive in doing their jobs, from government. Those officers know what you and I know all too well. There are not enough officers on the beat, and too many private organisations involved in policing. Because there are too few officers around, it is less likely that those who prove their inadequacy as officers will be ejected from the force. Police officers who value their work and know the importance of their position, are in disarray at the moment, because they know, much better than we do, exactly how flawed the service is, when compared to what it ought to be.

No one is more upset by the failure of government to provide the sort of policing that the people want, with the sort of controls upon quality that people need, and with the sort of comprehensive and rigorous investigative skill that is expected, than the officers who have joined for the right reasons, and found that the service on the whole is sub par.

We need to get this on board. The police service IS crap, but it is NOT the fault of frontline officers, because it is cuts and budgetary paucity which have lead to the core of this parlous state of affairs.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

I'm struggling to think of any recent police interaction I'm personally aware of that would give any cause for complaint. We didn't get the dog lead back after the aggressive coke dealer in the park nearly got strangled with it. Apart from that I can't think of any way my family have suffered from police action in recent years. Maybe we're just lucky. What interaction we have had has been obviously motivated by a desire to protect the public.

Corruption I've personally encountered in the form of local government spending sprees disgusts me. I expect I would be disgusted by the police corruption that must occur. Other than getting kilos from the police incinerator operator in Liverpool in the 80's I don't actually know positively about any specific corruption, though I can make inferences. "There isn't a day goes by I don't get offered something." Said a local long serving constable when asked about corruption. He resigned because, "The internal rules and regulations prevent me from protecting the public".

I'm sure corruption is everywhere. The 'wide open door to corruption' is part of policing. To keep a level playing field I feel we should discuss corruption where it occurs and not get fixated on one group. Also we should discuss the good with the bad. My local council are good....... for nothing. My bias here displays my bitterness at the council lies, fraud and stupidity that caused so much suffering for my family and others. The police here are good at protecting the public.

We need more transparency. That's why I alerted you all to James Patrick. www.abovetopsecret.com...
You mention the Lodge. When James gave evidence to parliament Masons were mentioned. Immediately the chairman got a message in his earpiece telling him to quash it and move on.

43:32 here.
"The evidence James Patrick gave to Parliament has now led to wide exposure of the practices of manipulation of crime figures. The National Audit office has subsequently removed approval from police published crime figures and a full scale inquiry has been initiated into the recording of crime."

James forced more transparency. I supported James. What did you do?
edit on 12 10 2015 by Kester because: punctuation

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Well written.

The police service IS crap, but it is NOT the fault of frontline officers...
They need to hear this from us regularly for their mental well-being.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   
It started in America, propaganda of white cops killing black civilians.

It's happening over here too, well spotted.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
After being on ATS and visiting the USA a number of times Im extremely gratefull for the police we have in the uK.

They are far from perfect but miles ahead of what you get from the rest of the world.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I blame Jeremy Corbyn.....

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup
I blame Jeremy Corbyn.....

Blame Obama

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Seriously, Americans would be begging forconstor yourar constables.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
Seriously, Americans would be begging forconstor yourar constables.

In my area I have no complaints of them.

Always professional and restrained.
Hell yesterday I saw two teen goading a officer. Even started pushing him. In the US they likely would have shot the who teens. But here the policeman give the little #s 3 warnings then calmly arrested the ring leader.

Well unless you count when they arrested a pedo that turned out had been abusing my cousins over a course of 20 years. Apparently he "tripped" a few times in his cell and the clumsy fool even broke his arm

top topics

join