It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what happens when there is nothing left to fight for?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I think history might have a precident for what may happen to modern culture. However not the western history of Europe (and the likes of Rome), nor the various empires of Asia. Rather it is what little remains as archaelogical finds and various artifacts in the Americas. The city states and nations of the copper culture and mound builders may parallel what is happening now. And as we know that civilization is long gone. (And likewise the same happened with the Mayans and Olmecs in South America.) They just happened to fail in pre-columbian times, and evidence shows they were fairly advanced for what they were. Not much is known though exactly why they failed, but failed they did. (Likely corruption and political infighting, squandered resources, etc.) People simply stopped participating in them, and those cultures and states more or less dissappeared. Yet the people themselves remained even if their history didn't, perhaps adopting a completely different way of living. Those were the native american tribes the settlers arriving from Europe encountered.

Yes, the various tribes seemed primitive to the new arrivals. But some generations past those people gave up a way of living that was much more like the societies the Europeans had. Whatever it was they gave up was definitely on purpose.

Now I'm not thinking we'll go completely backwards from modern culture as the native americans dropped out more or less from bronze age back to stone age (we're too attached to our tech), but societal structure and economics is due a big change because it's evident that it no longer serves the majority.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: pauljs75

TeYes, the various tribes seemed primitive to the new arrivals. But some generations past those people gave up a way of living that was much more like the societies the Europeans had. Whatever it was they gave up was definitely on purpose. xt

That is indeed something to think about. Historically there have been greatly advanced civilizations that have fallen. They seem to have just basically, overnight, disappeared, leaving us with not much more than rubble to sift through, to remember their existence, and glean their story.

Go the other way, and we see a few aboriginal tribes still exist, for now. Yet these people seem to have stood the test of time, and appear to be in far better physical and mental condition, then us supposed advanced, civilized people.

It seems throughout time we have had quite a few do overs. We seem to get smarter about technology, and material things, but we have learned little to nothing about living in love, peace and harmony with each other or the planet.

edit on 15-10-2015 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Cleaned up bad formatting glitch.

posted on Oct, 15 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

Enlightenment = unconditional Love! In which there is no violence! The Loving eye only sees the Beloved, and in Love, Lover and Beloved become One! Thus no 'violence' against 'Self!'! Thus 'ethics'; "Do NOT do to 'others' what you don't want done to you!" (EVERYTHING in the Universe (and everyone), is 'others', and 'others' Is Self!)!

I love everything that you have said, and I wish I lived in such a world.

It is easy to speak of unconditional love and it is a state of grace, that many strive to achieve, but it does not come easily, nor is it spontaneous.

What is spontaneous is the grief, anger, and pain, that comes when someone you love with all you can give, is ripped away from you in a blink of an eye, in a senseless act of aggression.

While love is a natural gift from God, so are anger, hate, and revenge. Even if you do not believe in God or religion, you have seen were God's anger, his hate, and his wrath, are written and spoken of quite often.

Our emotions come in a wide rainbow. Love is only one hue, of the many. May it always be the light that shines largest and brightest, but it does not stand alone.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: namelesss

Enlightenment = unconditional Love! In which there is no violence! The Loving eye only sees the Beloved, and in Love, Lover and Beloved become One! Thus no 'violence' against 'Self!'! Thus 'ethics'; "Do NOT do to 'others' what you don't want done to you!" (EVERYTHING in the Universe (and everyone), is 'others', and 'others' Is Self!)!

I love everything that you have said, and I wish I lived in such a world.

It is easy to speak of unconditional love and it is a state of grace, that many strive to achieve, but it does not come easily, nor is it spontaneous.

What is spontaneous is the grief, anger, and pain, that comes when someone you love with all you can give, is ripped away from you in a blink of an eye, in a senseless act of aggression.

While love is a natural gift from God, so are anger, hate, and revenge. Even if you do not believe in God or religion, you have seen were God's anger, his hate, and his wrath, are written and spoken of quite often.

Our emotions come in a wide rainbow. Love is only one hue, of the many. May it always be the light that shines largest and brightest, but it does not stand alone.

Knowledge = experience.
If you had knowledge of the ultimate transcendence of unconditional Love, you would be singing a different tune.
Unconditional Love is not a 'feeling', nor can anything 'unconditional/transcendent' be 'conceptualized/imagined!

Feelings are thoughts, passing, and NEVER to be 'believed'!
'Emotions' are the physical manifestations of 'feelings'.
All Ego/imagination/thought, all 'conditional/dualistic, all 'passing'!

To Know Enlightenment/unconditional Love (like anything), it must be experienced!

While love is a natural gift from God, so are anger, hate, and revenge.

Not so, anger, hate, and revenge, are the insane 'gifts' of the ego/vanity!
Vanity/Pride carries the 'sin' warning because it blinds you to unconditional Love!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join