It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what happens when there is nothing left to fight for?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

There will all ways be idiots (normally from the poor communitys) that will buy the propaganda and sign on to be cannon fodder in the next war for oil.

Still whether or not there are enough to figh a world wars another matter.
I know in the UK if a draft came in most of us would just laugh and burn the paper, there wouldn't be enough prison space!

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: grubblesnert

Peace? Really? Any precedent for the phenomena, at least on a world-wide scale?

Prima facie evidence says relative peace occurs when there is a dominant group significantly more powerful than the rest that has little to no inclination to piss off the rest.

If there is no reason to fight, we invent one. Simple.

Besides, which peace do you refer to? The peace at any price or the peace of leave me be? There probably are a few other "peace' definitions, like 'rest in peace'....

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Everything is in conflict as in balance is always trying to establish itself for the sake of gaining equilibrium.

It never ends, not even in death.

Humans have no clue.

There is no gravity, earth just sucks.

People will never acknowledge that the dominant force in the universe is relatively impossible to anthropomorphize.
edit on 12-10-2015 by MyHappyDogShiner because: yibbiyyibbity

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   

A planet devoid of human life. Humans have two trates that no other animal has greed and ego. The land barons, war mongers, robbers and the ilk will always be around so no such thing as peace.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Idk but farming's righteous. ✊

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
I have been around for a while. I am old enough to remember things that are considered historic, and anything I had as a child, if around today, is called an antique. I grew up in a time when men were proud, women were the backbone of the family, and strong community ties were essential to survival. We believed in God, Country, self and family. We believed if you worked hard enough, and saved your money, you would succeed in life.

Most people had strong work ethics, they were loyal to their companies and the companies took care for its workers like family. We were proud to say we were Americans. We believed our government was strong, fair and committed to the American people. Well a lot has changed.

We were naïve, gullible and hoodwinked. We no longer trust our government. In fact, we no longer trust anyone, including ourselves. Most have become disillusion with the world and life in general. Hope is at a minimum and, every man for himself, seems to be the order of the day.

Our country is financially unstable. Most people are just a couple of paychecks from being homeless and there is no light at the end of the tunnel. So what is left? There are rumors and rumblings of War III hanging in the balance. Yet I know no one that has any fight left in them. I know no one that is willing to support a war against any country at this time. Granted people are angry, but most are rightfully angry with our government. I know no one that is willing to die or kill for a rogue, bogus government that has turned its back on its people.

How does the government expect a disheartened, tired group of people with little hope for a positive future, to fight for them in a war of their making, for their benefit? We don’t have the strength or the courage to fight for what we feel is rightfully ours. Why do they think we will fight for them in a war that is against our best interest?

So I ask; What happens when there is nothing left to fight for?

What's that saying. There is always something to fight for, the older men just have to convince the younger men it's worth it and to do it.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent

A planet devoid of human life. Humans have two trates that no other animal has greed and ego. The land barons, war mongers, robbers and the ilk will always be around so no such thing as peace.

When it gets too hot, we all die.

"And we'll all float on okaayheyy"

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Paradoxicalsecret peace.

I see quite a few posts were some think the absence of war means peace. I think you can look at the history of our world and you will see that is rarely true.

I am curious as to what peace they think will come from the ravages of war. War does not cleanse the heart. To suddenly find ourselves in the mist of devastation, will not bring out the best in us. Hollywood has it right when they create the movies portraying the grim and desolate landscape of a dangerous post war world; were the strong feed off the weak. The pyramids were not built by happy people in a peaceful land.

The old and the very young are usually the first casualties of war. It will not take long before we have generations that know nothing other than the desolation they were born into. They will know nothing else, and they will not be able to miss what they cannot measure.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: IridiumFlareMadness When there's nothing left to fight for, we all get along!

I wish I could believe that, but I know this is not true.

Peace and harmony are states that are difficult to maintain when one person has half of an apple and another has none.

Hunger, pain, lust, love; simple basic emotions that can turn the purest heart cold.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

mandatory RFID chips will be rolled out for all citizens

With tiny little serial ports connected to a small bit of C4 placed in their necks . Just in case they get out of line

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
My beer is chilled.
The bowl of my pipe is filled.
I have shelter from the elements and a good dog.
I will just watch it go.
Life is good.

geez....really....believe it or not, some people live simple, but pleasant lives. a lot of people here are just gloom and doom 24/7, they are the ones that seem to have an agenda....keep people as anxious, and fearful as you can, and they will lose hope, become depressed, therefore, easier to manipulate....screw that.....institutions do work, there are people that are honest, generous, as well as kind. and government does make everyday living here in America, a lot easier than in other countries....I think some here need mental health help.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Besides, which peace do you refer to? The peace at any price or the peace of leave me be? There probably are a few other "peace' definitions, like 'rest in peace'....
a reply to: nwtrucker

It is interesting how we create in our minds eye, images of what we think a perfect, beautiful, and peaceful, world would look like, without giving any consideration to how our perfect world, fits with the other inhabitants of this planet.

My mother lives we me and I love her dearly. Does she get on my nerves sometimes? Yes, and I am sure I get on hers. I like my space on the cold side; she likes it on the warm side. Many food items she likes, I don't. She likes TV, I don't. I love animals some people don’t. I love grass, trees, open spaces and the woods. Some people hate the outdoors and prefer concrete. You get the picture. My perfect world probably doesn’t look anything like your perfect world.

Even the idea of heaven, think about it. How long do you think heaven will be heavenly, when you suddenly find yourself living next to those that are completely different from you? Look around. People can't even share the same roadway for a few minutes, without trying to kill each other. So, why do people think we are going to wake up one morning and suddenly be unconditionally, accepting, and loving of each other. Some people can't achieve that in their own homes, with just their own families.

I like the dream of the perfect peaceful world, but I doubt I will ever see it.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: Sublimecraft

mandatory RFID chips will be rolled out for all citizens

With tiny little serial ports connected to a small bit of C4 placed in their necks . Just in case they get out of line

And plenty of mood altering drugs in the public water.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I don't believe they will EVER be such a case.
Absolutes are not applicable in thre real world.
Someone will always want to take,someone HAS to stand up to that.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

geez....really....believe it or not, some people live simple, but pleasant lives…………….. ....institutions do work, there are people that are honest, generous, as well as kind. and government does make everyday living here in America, a lot easier than in other countries....I think some here need mental health help.

I live in an area where it used to be completely rural. It took you 45 minutes to get to the nearest grocery store. Folks lived simple lives, and I have decent neighbors, because we live far enough away from each other that we can’t see into each yard’s without trying. We have watched the world catch up with us. It used to be we would go the whole day, without seeing another car. Now our single lane roads look like big city rush hour traffic 24/7.

We live out here because we wanted to enjoy being outside. We have horses, cows, goats, etc. With developers coming out this way and building on smaller and smaller lots, the new folks want to bring in city water and they want to pave the roads.

We don’t mind what folks do on their own property, but now the county is forcing us to connect to city water at our expense. They plan to pave the road, because they claim it makes emergency access easier. Again, something they expect us to pay for. Suddenly we have code enforcement gestapo, accessing our property on a whim, trying to find some environmental infraction to fine us for.

It is not always about doom and gloom. Sometimes it is just about reality. Those that want to live simple lives are being driven out, and our government is making simple everyday living, cost prohibitive for a lot of us. I am sure there are a lot of people that are living comfortable simple lives with generous government support. I suggest they enjoy it while they can, because after they finish off the rest of us, they will come calling.

edit on 12-10-2015 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Spelling correction.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

The only thing left to fight for is the safety, health and well being of yourself and your family. That's what happens when cultures/societies atomize, everything devolves to the interest of the smallest social unit...the family. The smart get going while the going's good and find a way to distance themselves from the crumbling house of cards. I realized after reading a headline of our nearest hometown village newspaper (pop. 17,000) that a traffic stop resulted in an assault upon a cop by 7 family members, that we are witnessing the beginnings of the break down of civil society. And oddly enough, the demographics of this village are near 98% homogenous....Hispanic. So the cops are Hispanic and the perps are Hispanic, so you can pretty much rule out the racial thing.

And why did this make me think we're witnessing the beginnings of the breakdown in civil society? Because this is the third such incident in two months. And this ties into stories I'm reading of trends in policing in the major metro areas......the cops are "standing down"; they aren't patroling like they used to; they've quit pulling people over for traffic violations; they're intentionally "slow responding" to calls. Worse....they're getting out of the job of policing; the cities are having a terrible time recruiting cops.

In the final analysis, the "center will not hold".

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Good post. Then there's the not enough reasons to have a good fight.

We invent them in our entertainment...and flock to them. Zombies. Vampires. Aliens. Wee little bugs, great big bugs, snakes...ugh, hate em....

We are scrappers....

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

The smart get going while the going's good and find a way to distance themselves from the crumbling house of cards.

I have noticed an uptick in this trending as well. I have even seen some take a loss, to move themselves from the pending collapse.

It is not just LEOs. Many of your public service people are throwing in the towel. Teachers, Doctors, Nurses.....
Serving the public has become a miserable, brutal, demeaning job. The new fad is to make unrealistic demands. When you are told that you can't be accommodated at this time because someone else is receiving critical treatment, and you will be treated as soon as there is staff available. You are supposed to scream, cuss and declare that you don't give a damn about what someone else's needs are, you are only concerned with your needs. Then you are to threaten the staff with bodily harm and a law suit.

I am not saying all people behave like ignorant brats. I am saying that the number of ill behaved, mean, rude people are increasing. Have you noticed that many sitcoms and movies promote this behavior as desirable, cool, and the right thing to do?

Public servants are underpaid as it is. So when you throw in the aggravation and abuse, the little money they are being paid, just doesn't supply enough incentive to stick around for the hanging or the mass shooting.

Our society seems to be winding down. I hate to think about what is at rock bottom. The fact that some people are rooting for Armageddon is a little disconcerting.

edit on 12-10-2015 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Post glitch

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
machines do not need reasons to kill.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I hate to say, but there are prob plenty of people who need a paycheck, with itchy trigger fingers that want to make their point-and-shoot video game fantasies come true.

But I have to wonder how much heart anyone would have to fight in any war, especially if things got tough?

But then again look at Vietnam and what the soldiers were willing to endure, and what they have done. I don't think they even knew what they were fighting for exactly.

----

If nobody fought, there would be no war.
edit on 12-10-2015 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join