It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what happens when there is nothing left to fight for?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I have been around for a while. I am old enough to remember things that are considered historic, and anything I had as a child, if around today, is called an antique. I grew up in a time when men were proud, women were the backbone of the family, and strong community ties were essential to survival. We believed in God, Country, self and family. We believed if you worked hard enough, and saved your money, you would succeed in life.

Most people had strong work ethics, they were loyal to their companies and the companies took care for its workers like family. We were proud to say we were Americans. We believed our government was strong, fair and committed to the American people. Well a lot has changed.

We were naïve, gullible and hoodwinked. We no longer trust our government. In fact, we no longer trust anyone, including ourselves. Most have become disillusion with the world and life in general. Hope is at a minimum and, every man for himself, seems to be the order of the day.

Our country is financially unstable. Most people are just a couple of paychecks from being homeless and there is no light at the end of the tunnel. So what is left? There are rumors and rumblings of War III hanging in the balance. Yet I know no one that has any fight left in them. I know no one that is willing to support a war against any country at this time. Granted people are angry, but most are rightfully angry with our government. I know no one that is willing to die or kill for a rogue, bogus government that has turned its back on its people.

How does the government expect a disheartened, tired group of people with little hope for a positive future, to fight for them in a war of their making, for their benefit? We don’t have the strength or the courage to fight for what we feel is rightfully ours. Why do they think we will fight for them in a war that is against our best interest?

So I ask; What happens when there is nothing left to fight for?

edit on 11-10-2015 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Word correction.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
peace.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Paradoxicalsecret
peace.

My thoughts exactly.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Before we even go that far, the current global market will have to be re-worked. Because right now it is heavily influenced by corporations who want nothing more than to make profits and much of society is bound by it.

We can never be free unless we eradicate this failed system we find our selves in. Then we can do more of the things we ever wanted to do.

Only a few can afford this luxury, and a majority are scratching a living and it's not fun at all. You don't work you starve. Who said life was all about working to make living and not enjoying life to fullest.

Peace

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
When there's nothing left to fight for, we all get along!

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I think that there may be some things we could ,and would fight for but it wouldn't be anything our Govt's. could convince us of .Especially fighting a war in another country . We have come to recognize that we cant believe MSM and unless we can see the real news in our neighbourhood and understand it for ourselves then their power to deceive us is diminished ... Fighting for our kids ,mom's and dad's ,brothers and sisters neighbours and loved ones are all we truly have . Good post ...S&F

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: rtreyna

originally posted by: Paradoxicalsecret
peace.

My thoughts exactly.
I too vote "Peace"

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

One of 2 things will happen imo. WW3 and the reduction of humans back to the stone-age possibly ending us as a species, or the discovery of AI, which we will be then without even knowing it be placed into the matrix to ensure ours and AI's existence.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
So what happens when there is nothing left to fight for?

The fighting ends.

I have been around for a while. I am old enough to remember things that are considered historic, and anything I had as a child, if around today, is called an antique. I grew up in a time when men were proud, women were the backbone of the family, and strong community ties were essential to survival. We believed in God, Country, self and family. We believed if you worked hard enough, and saved your money, you would succeed in life.

Right, you learned that you had been lied to, misled.
Disappointment and growth follows.

Most people had strong work ethics, they were loyal to their companies and the companies took care for its workers like family. We were proud to say we were Americans. We believed our government was strong, fair and committed to the American people. Well a lot has changed.

We were naïve, gullible and hoodwinked. We no longer trust our government. In fact, we no longer trust anyone, including ourselves. Most have become disillusion with the world and life in general. Hope is at a minimum and, every man for himself, seems to be the order of the day.

... is against our best interest?

So I ask; What happens when there is nothing left to fight for?

Perhaps rather than defending our illusions, having no illusions, we have nothing to defend.
Perhaps we will learn to Love? *__-

It is easy to roll your eyes, wave your arm and say all that.
It is much, MUCH, more difficult to;

"Be the change that you want to see!"

“Your task is not to seek for Love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” - Rumi

True, unconditional Love is ALWAYS recognized by It's unconditional Virtues; Compassion, Empathy, Sympathy, Gratitude, Humility, Charity (charity is never taking more than your share of anything, ever!), Honesty, Happiness, Faith...
ALWAYS!
(Now you can tell the real thing from the cheap knock-offs offered by the ego! *__- )

Love requires practice, like a fine violin!
Practice! Practice! Practice!

Who is unworthy of Love?!

"If it cannot be thought with Love,
it doesn't need to be thought!
Don't think it!
If it cannot be spoken with Love,
it doesn't need to be said!
Don't say it!
If it cannot be done with Love,
it doesn't need to be done!
Don't do it!
If the day cannot be Saved by Love,
the day isn't worth saving,
offer it up with Love!!"

Wage Love! Practice Compassion!

tat tvam asi (en.wikipedia.org...)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Well of course this is what happens: disarray,contempt for our leadership and even fellow man, the jaded sleeping masses, a house divided. The poster above believes peace will occur, and as much as I love the idea of a utopian world it denies our very history, who we are as a people,and the forces we have overcome to become what we have.

Peace may happen, but it surely will occur by combining with our technologies. That makes me wonder, in such a world does art exist,In such a place does love exist, is it not through triumph over adversity that such great masterpieces and ages come? I'm not sure if that's the true destiny of mankind, or if such a thing should be sought after, I think the question is what happens when there really is something worth fighting for, because as of now there is very little.

So I look at it both ways and it's hard to say.I do know this, altruism is the highest aspiration of man kind and if you can achieve that in your inner world and around those you love then you have plenty worth fighting for, and that should be enough.
edit on 11-10-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Within your post is the modus operandi of the UN's global sustainability policies.

1. Bring citizens to their knees financially, socially and economically through war, famine, social unheaval, wealth redistribution and terrorism so that the only savior is a United World Order ushered in by a united world government.

2. Government guarantees to end wars, bring peace and "kill all the terrorists", mandatory RFID chips will be rolled out for accountability purposes.

3. For accountability and sustainability purposes - mandatory RFID chips will be rolled out for all citizens of the new world order who will pledge allegiance to the new global government & global law enforcement - endorsed by the new global religion. In return those citizens get shelter, food, water, clothing and sustainable living.

If you refuse to take the chip, you are a terrorist and the global governments weaponized surveillance drones will lock on to your non-chipped heat signature and deal with you with extreme prejudice.

Then there will be peace.

Problem - reaction - solution......

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
My beer is chilled.
The bowl of my pipe is filled.
I have shelter from the elements and a good dog.
I will just watch it go.
Life is good.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

We'll make stuff up.

Fair and simple.

We are humans, we get territorial, we get angry.

It's in our Genes.

No Peace will ever exist or ever has on this planet.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Spot on so much so it sends a chill down my spine and I feel it in the air

I try explaining this to my family and friends etc and their eyes just glaze over and then they reach for the remote again.
Most just dont want to know and there lies the problem.
Bread and circuses is all they care about.
This makes it inevitable and I genuinely fear for us and future generations.

But F.. it Ill be one the drones will be hunting...bring it on!!

Kia Kaha (Stay strong)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   

I hope you are old enough or aware enough at the time to remember the warnings we were given.

We were told what was going to happen but we looked at the world at "That" time and thought it was impossible or so far into the future that we would never see it.

Now we watch it unfold right in front of our eyes. We try to tell our children but they do not have history to reference because they are being taught revisionist history. Mistakes of the past will repeat themselves because they have no idea how far society has fallen and have no reference point of anything better because they have no idea how it really was.

We failed as well because in the 80's and 90's we didn't see this coming and definitely not this quickly.

We now live in Bizaro World where right is wrong and wrong is right. Our new society celebrates stupidity and everything foul while demonizing former core values. What used to be hidden and shameful, the insane greed, the lust for power, is no longer shameful and is actually flaunted by the rich and powerful.

America, the last great hope has turned into nothing more than a balkanized rabble of ethnic, racial, economic, and divisive groups under political banners and names. Both roads of so called good intentions (enforcing their world vision on the rest of us) lead to the same destination.

If you made a documentary today about the US culture today and had our Grand Parents see this they would never believe it. The extreme counter cultures of decades ago are now the mainstream and what was then mainstream is demonized and shunned.

You should know what is coming. We were warned. Just prepare the best you can and call on the name of Yeshua Hamashiach (Jesus Christ).

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Whats gets me angry is not the general flip flopping antics and corruption of the career politician such as Billary who is one of the worst forms of humanity to have such a position but the American people who actively support her or some other sociopathic loon ball.
Ask yourself how much Evil have these types inflicted upon the rest of the World from Vietnam to Libya to Iraq and many other countries whose Governments were not submissive to American International corporate needs.
All done on behalf of the American people.
All the destruction and mental sickness has now turned inwards and has infected the people of America whose own twisted leadership is borderline totalitarian.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
There will only be peace through unity, there will be war as long as there is division.

So if the governments decide to join in a working United Nations to work as one under common cause then war will cease.

What that means is one world military, one world government and the same laws for everyone on earth.

Its comming and it can be through war or through peace.

I am guessing WW3 will lead to the abandonment of individual governments as there will be so few survivors the world will need to unite and work together just to survive.

Of course we could just work together without the war, but we seem to be on a WW3 path.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Ngatikiwi

Brother, if there is anyone I'd want to be next to on a warfield, it's a fearless Maori warrior.

It's amazing how many Ozzie Vietnam vets I have met over here that tell me they fought alongside New Zealanders and have told me when there was a Maori around they always felt safer and far less afraid.

As for the OP, well until we've razed the place and made it so radioactive that no human being can survive upon the surface of mother earth, someone somewhere will find a reason to attack somebody else.

Sad, but true unfortunately. As humans we are our own worst enemies.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   

I was just thinking this just yesterday.I think most American gave up when the government sold us out.
When they started moving jobs out of the US it seems that's about when we just gave up. We are tired of being lied to.
It's hard for most to get up and go to a no end job.It's hard to keep fighting and getting slapped down day after day.
The government sold her people out to fill their pockets and said piss on the people that payed their way with sweat and tears.So the gov can go to hell for all we care.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
a reply to: Ngatikiwi

Brother, if there is anyone I'd want to be next to on a warfield, it's a fearless Maori warrior.

It's amazing how many Ozzie Vietnam vets I have met over here that tell me they fought alongside New Zealanders and have told me when there was a Maori around they always felt safer and far less afraid.

As for the OP, well until we've razed the place and made it so radioactive that no human being can survive upon the surface of mother earth, someone somewhere will find a reason to attack somebody else.

Sad, but true unfortunately. As humans we are our own worst enemies.

Kia Ora bro
Me too
But im Pakeha of Scottish descent.

Ngatikiwi means my tribal roots are Kiwi and a play on Nuttykiwi.

They are fearless and a little crazy rebellious sometimes. I like that.

I can relate and connect with them in a way thats hard to explain and have many Maori friends.

Their sense of whanau (family) iwi (tribe) is different to us "colonialists" and I feel deeply about how our previous governments have treated them.

No better mate to have next to you when the PTB come to take you away haha.

Ka Kite Ano (see you later)

Im late for work

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join