It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students get kicked out of class for not praying

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

If you look, you'll see my comments are an answer to AMPTAH, not you.
But yes, obviously what your saying does occur.
As for hiring friends and family?
Some yes, some I wouldn't hire to pick up dog turds.
Love em, but lazy and unreliable.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Pretty ridiculous if true.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorBloodworth

ya, I know, I have a habit of just responding to posts, regardless of who they are responding to, sometimes just because I feel I might be able to provide a small amount of clearity the discussion. this time around, I felt I should speak up in defense of that small roofing business who's entire workforce was from the church, since well, my husband was one of the ones that he provided employment for while just about all the machine shops were cutting back their staff as the oil boom in texas went bust. it had nothing to do with trust and everything to do with the fact that there was just so many in the guys inner circle that desparatly need work that he really didn't have to look any farther to fill have a decent size crew.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
except if you are an employer and you go into an interview it's kind of illegal I believe to even raise up any questions to help you determine weather the person you are talking to is christian or not.

I'm not going to hire you because you say you're a Christian. I'm going to hire you because I've seen you in my Church, and know something about you. I'm certainly not going to put on a blindfold, and say, now tell me when you want to start the job, Monday, or Tuesday?

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Well obviously in a small town, that is inevitable.
And I certainly start with people I know and expand outwards when looking to hire.
I'm just saying, your personal beliefs are your business, as long as you show up and do your best, we'll be fine.
Unless you start with the god business...
That's when you get told to shut it.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

OK, but say he's not from your church.
Resume looks great, work references check out....
Then he/she says, by the way, I'm wiccan, and I need (insert day here) off for ritual...
What then?

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

hmm...guess that rules out bringing in my own boombox and playing christian music loud as all heck all day, huh??

But well, I was informed decades ago that as a women, I had no place in the church unless my husband wanted me to a place there, so well I left. now I have one heck of a screwed up religion that has a feminine goddess instead, since well, I just can't relate to a god anymore.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: Poppcocked
Do you "atheists" give your children a choice to believe in god if they want or do yo make them believe what you believe?

and if they do choose to believe in god, do you point your fingers and laugh at them like you do other religious folk?

a choice whether to believe in a mythical being?....I would tell them first, that god is like Santa Claus, a mythical being made up to promote goodness in the world

What you say is a lie you believe. How is that going to help your kids? It will be really sad for you personally if you are wrong, and you caused a child a broken spirit just to satisfy your own selfish need to escape eternal accountability. It won't work though, in the end everyone is accountable. Especially for what you tell a child.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   

I will accept Stryper for 1 album only.
If you play Creed, I'm issuing a beating.
Most of the rest of that stuff would be unlistenable even if it wasn't about God, lol...

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed
Got to love that Christian love for their fellow man...
I say this to you...
Say there is a God or Christ...
Who do you think he/she/it'ds going to be more upset about?
People who were given free will to question and learn and grow wiser?
Or zealots who have so mangled the scriptures that they have driven even more people away from its teachings?
Me thinks most of you are going to have a heap of explaining to do.
If there is such a thing and I have to account for my lack of faith, my answer will be "have you seen all these vicsious crackpots, murderers, pedaephiles, and war mongers using you as an excuse for their deeds? Would you follow them?"
Swiiish, nothing but net, and I'm sipping a tall cool one on a cloud, thinking, "hey, where all the Christians at?"...

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   

While we're discussing eternal damnation, I'd like an answer to this question:
God and Satan are mortal, or immortal as the case may be, enemies, correct?
How come if I go against gods teaching, I go to hell where Satan apparently sticks a fork in my ass for all eternity?
Wouldn't Satan welcome me with open arms?
"Hey man, good to see you!
Beer?
Yeah I hate that insufferable egomaniac too, man..."
Or is it they are both a pair of assholes that demand respect or "we'll feed you to the pigs, for all eternity, muahahaha!".
Seems like neither care for humanity one lick.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorBloodworth
Got to love that Christian love for their fellow man...
I say this to you...
Say there is a God or Christ...
Who do you think he/she/it'ds going to be more upset about?
People who were given free will to question and learn and grow wiser?
Or zealots who have so mangled the scriptures that they have driven even more people away from its teachings?
Me thinks most of you are going to have a heap of explaining to do.
If there is such a thing and I have to account for my lack of faith, my answer will be "have you seen all these vicsious crackpots, murderers, pedaephiles, and war mongers using you as an excuse for their deeds? Would you follow them?"
Swiiish, nothing but net, and I'm sipping a tall cool one on a cloud, thinking, "hey, where all the Christians at?"...

I have no idea what you are even talking about.
Who are the zealots? Those speaking of love for their fellow man, or those who have already judged what they don't understand?
One thing I do know though, is nobody can say who belongs in hell except Christ. And there is no welcome in hell for anyone. Satan is sworn enemy to all human kind. There is no act of evil you could ever do to be his comrade.
Your beliefs are yours to choose, but you sure do have a lot of learning to do. I hope we all have time to learn what will truly save us.
What you are preaching right now sure won't.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Hahahaha!
You religious wackjobs crack me up!
I and my ilk get through life just fine, hurt no one, and just generally be decent human beings, while you and your ilk stand on a soap box telling us how screwed we are, all the while using your religion as a crutch and a get out of jail free card for all the #ty things you do.,.
And we have a lot to learn!
Hypocrisy as thick as your skull, buddy.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   

and when your "ilk" are suffering or dying, you will be on your knees beggin' God please!

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I'll tell you one thing...
If I chose to believe in a god, it certainly wouldn't be Jehovah.
Love me or burn.
Believe in me with no proof, or burn.
Do what I command or burn.
Sounds a lot like Stalin, Hitler, pol pot, Mao, Mugabe, idi amin....and an endless list of other very human assholes.
You sure you're cheering for the right guy?

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Poppcocked
WRONG.
I get on my knees for no one, and I don't beg for anything.
I face my foes and friends the same.
On my feet with love in my eyes and truth on my knuckles.
I've been in plenty of "oh, oh..I might not make it out if this situation".
Never even crossed my mind to ask the big fairy for help out.
Know why?
Long wait for a train that don't come.
You want to learn something?
Learn to be responsible for your own life and stop hoping for an imaginary man to help you out.
Stop downloading your guilt into a little file marked god forgives me, and start working on getting those you wronged to forgive you.
Stop basing your moral values on a book written 2000 years ago by primitive mysoginists, take a look around yourself and realise it's irrelevance to current affairs.
Stop judging others on your biased belief system, and just mind your own damn business.
And you know something?
I've read up on Jesus.
I respect and admire his teachings.
He's quite zen.
So if your fantasy is real, I'm not worried because I'm pretty sure he'll understand my trepidation on following people that fear him.
I'm pretty sure being a man of love and peace, he would be appalled at your attitude.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Teachers like that don't understand. What if one teacher was Muslim,the other Catholic,a Jehovah's witness ,the other a Christian and another one Jewish. If the kids tried following all there religions by the end of the year you would end up with a kid that thinks he has to pray 5 times a day looking at Mecca then to god before every meal, that is if he has lunch money after they pass the collection plate around cause everyone knows u gotta give 10% of that to the plate. Then go door to door to all the other class rooms incase there's ppl that don't know about Jehovah. My point is we shouldn't have religion in schools cause then we gotta let every religion in schools and then won't have time to learn about Christopher Columbus being the first person to reach America and common core.
And for that reason I will be home schooling.
edit on 13-10-2015 by gflyg because: misspell

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

lies, we all know how you act behind closed doors, you are no different from anyone else.

but yea keep telling yourself that..

hehe

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

This is just the secular humanist thing in reverse. Christians are tired of having our constitution being used as a platform to remove God from society. That being said, values clarification was being used as a method to rip to shreds children's respect for their parents values and mores. It was done under the guise of helping children to "clarify" their own values but we all know that parents are the first line of value building in a child's life and the nea knew they were trying to remove parental values and authority and replace with the their own secular atheist progressive humanist ideals or whatever the supreme totalitarian state wants. So yah the parental values should NOT be overrun .

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Let's get one thing straight. The age of the bible is irrelevant unless we stop allowing the Quran and Islam from entering the classrooms too but we know of specific instances where children are being taught to pray on rugs just like they do in Islam and going on trips to mosques znd whatnot. Progressives need to play by their own rules or be called the hypocrites for what they are.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join