It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia 'Foils' Terrorist Attack In Moscow

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Russia's counter-terrorism agency says it has arrested a group of people who were preparing to carry out an attack in Moscow.

The National Anti-Terrorism Committee said in a statement that homemade explosives were found in an apartment in the capital where the group were arrested.

Russia 'Foils' Terrorist Attack In Moscow

So just heard this on the news, looks like ISIS is gonna start giving Moscow some problems. Hopefully nothing happens though, time will tell

Press TV source

Reuters

CBS

PressTV source seems to have the most info, which is very little of any, but seems 10 were detained and an IED found and defused.

edit on 11-10-2015 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Everybody here keeps saying this is why Russia is getting involved now. Because of the problems they've had in the Caucasus. Two things here:

1) ISIS would be suicidal to start trying to attack Russian homeland. If they do, imagine the response? The Russian response now is just to prop up their "guy".

And 2) where are all the "U.S. False flag for everything" people going to come down on this?. Wouldn't this give Putin even more of an excuse (reason) to fully flex those beautiful tiger-backed muscles???

a reply to: Vector99

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Bombs in Turkey, bombs in Russia, bombs in Palestine, bombs in Iraq.

Who just hit the world with an ugly stick? When this much excitement builds up sequentially nasty # always happens. Not looking good.
edit on 11-10-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DuckforcoveR
Everybody here keeps saying this is why Russia is getting involved now. Because of the problems they've had in the Caucasus. Two things here:

1) ISIS would be suicidal to start trying to attack Russian homeland. If they do, imagine the response? The Russian response now is just to prop up their "guy".

And 2) where are all the "U.S. False flag for everything" people going to come down on this?. Wouldn't this give Putin even more of an excuse (reason) to fully flex those beautiful tiger-backed muscles???

Why would the first thought be US false flag? I'm typically one of them when I see one. Incidentally, looking at this, if there was a false flag it would be Russia. It is the point of false flags you know. >.<

edit on 11-10-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

They could be considered the same for trying to attack USA mainland, but they try. They seem to not care about living and dying.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I kind of expected this would happen because of Russia's involvement in Syria. I wouldn't be surprised if terrorism goes on the rise in Russia. Russia stirred up the ISIS bees nest.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I should've worded that better. I was talking to those that think everything is a false flag, and perhaps the Kremlin is behind this to garner support for Syria:

Teach the people

"But it's too far from our country. Russian TV needs to work hard, to make people focus on this agenda. I know state media are broadcasting the situation non-stop, but I think Russians are not really interested," he explains.

So the more it hits close to home, the more justified their actions. Same as our own FF proponents.

a reply to: Rosinitiate

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I agree with you on that. Hence the subtle jab at "everything is a false flag" crowds.

a reply to: Rosinitiate

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DuckforcoveR

I always have certain doubts when these sorts of things happen. It's not unreasonable to think Russia would do this to garner local support, but I would also assume RT would be covering it with quite a sensational spin. Not a peep on RT.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DuckforcoveR

I think there is a poll suggesting that 68% of Russians are ok with the Syria thing and that Putin has a 80 something % approval . If the numbers were low it might work to convince some . I think as well as many others that that is what the Turkey bombs were about . Plus I recall a taped meeting suggesting a false flag to get Turkey into the war in Syria .

False flags are a reality but this may have stemmed from the Saudi's or a possible Ukrainian connection . More then likely the Saudi's .

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Weird. I was expecting to see the usual comments.

When the FBI says they stopped somebody, the guy was a patsy, MK Ultra was involved, it's all made up, or it's a false flag.

When Russia stops somebody, it's crickets.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

The western MSM is much quicker to report the news before it even happens . Think building # 7 collapse . If the story is true then RT will report it and may even mention it if it's not .

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Well, in Russia people have less freedom and are more monitored that in other parts of the world, so I'd expect them to be good at stopping this sort of thing.

A good example of just how monitored things are is this doco about the 'ghost' army that might have been in Ukraine. Watch and see how the reporter discovers that even taxis are monitored - they receive a call from a security agency while she is in it because she tries to film a military hospital.

edit on 11-10-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
This has more to do with the Saudi connection. Saudi Defebce Chief is meeting with Putin in Sochi over Syria today.

Last time Prince Bandar met with Putin was before the Sochi Winter Olympics where he stated that if Putin didnt relinquish his support for Assad, he would unleash Chechen terrorist upon Moscow, who he re-iterrated that the saudis fund and can turn on/off like a tap.

If Putin finds a Saudi connection to this attack, expect all hell to break loose in the Mideast....especially Saudi.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Melbourne_Militia

Woohoo WW3 here we come. I hope everyone has a good bunker....

Russia sends worlds largest submarine with 200 nukes to Syria

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Not defending Saudi because they are # bags,

But in your mind and people like you isn't there always a Saudi connection?

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Not defending Saudi because they are # bags,

No, no there is truth in what is being claimed there

State sponsored terrorism

To really end terror stop supporting Sadi Arabia

Terrorist Supporters

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

How often is it correct? That's the REAL issue, more often than not.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Melbourne_Militia
If Putin finds a Saudi connection to this attack, expect all hell to break loose in the Mideast....especially Saudi.

I doubt that, think back to 9/11 and the 28 redacted pages. Saudi has enough influence to create hell anywhere. Their education system is terrorism(wahhabism).

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

They could be considered the same for trying to attack USA mainland, but they try. They seem to not care about living and dying.

If you are referring to the 9/11 attacks, then you just gave yourself an excellent reason to question the official story. This was the main reason I started questioning it in 2004. Cui Bono? Certainly not the "terrorists" because we have been supposedly hunting them down, and definitely destroying their countries and the reputation of Muslims world wide.

soulwaxer

top topics

<<   2 >>

join