It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't understand evolution.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
S'nF' Randy . Intelligently designed thread.

You know Darwin got the 'Darwin Award'
for that theory .

Probably why it's always gonna be just a theory .

On a per capita basis , Faith is the big winner !

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: radarloveguy
S'nF' Randy . Intelligently designed thread.

rofl

You know Darwin got the 'Darwin Award'
for that theory .

ummm... no he didn't. the darwin awards are given to people posthumously who improve our evolutionary potential by killing themselves stupidly and removing themselves from the genepool.

darwin died due to congestive heart failure, not some ridiculously stupid endeavour. the awards are named after him because of his theory.

Probably why it's always gonna be just a theory .

you know the difference between "theory" and "scientific theory" right?
a "scientific theory", such as evolution or gravity, is a tested, well-substantiated, unifying explanation for a set of verified, proven factors.
"a theory" in the layman's vernacular, as i presume you mean by the above sentence, is just an unverified hypothesis by scientific standards.

evolution is, as you rightly say, a theory, but you need to be made aware that it always has been and always will be a scientific theory. this means it has been substantiated and affirmed with observed, measurable, physical evidence.
if you mean to say evolution is always gonna be a hypothesis, you would be completely wrong. a theory is always backed by evidence; a hypothesis is only a suggested possible outcome, is testable and falsifiable, but not yet substantiated.

On a per capita basis , Faith is the big winner !

on a per capita basis, ignorance of scientific method is unfortunately the big winner, thus threads like this one and replies like yours. faith and understanding of scientific method are not mutually exclusive. they are not in competition with each other, not even playing the same game, therefore you can not claim that there is a "winner" between them.

Science is the study of observable phenomena.
Faith is complete confidence or trust in a person, thing or belief not based on proof.
edit on 16-10-2015 by spygeek because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

A T T E N T I O N

While the thread beginning may not be an invitation to a discussion, the thread title IS: "I don't understand evolution."

Therefore, please put aside the interpersonal rancor and taunts and DISCUSS the topic.

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: toktaylor

On your issue of "intent"... if the asteroid hadn’t struck the Yucatán 66 million years ago, dinosaurs might still have run of this planet, and humans might have never evolved.

Evolved from what? And isn't the astroid just a hypothesis?

a reply to: spygeek

You don't even know what you're talk'n about!

Gen 1: 26 Pal.

“Let us make man in our image, in our likeness”

Image or likeness meaning that we were made to resemble God
thru the simplest of terms that can not be corrupted by anybody's
half baked, complicating of the matter. Further more we were created
in his image or likeness of perfect health. Until the wages of sin were
implicated. Showing that just the very first chapter of Genesis fits
together and blows evolution out of the water when it comes to making
any kind of sense.

And from that point ( in the garden ) on and up to this day,
it's been all about SATAN AND MAN and the book is there
for you because the movie is almost over. And you and I with our puny
minds wouldn't know this is what's been going on without it. But if you
want to ignore fair warning? At's up to you!

And don't try to tell me there's no indication of my meaning in this
song. Of which in my opinion testifies to somekind of super intelligence.
The blending of a movie that started with wandering in a garden set
about with a Holy theme. I wouldn't be surprised if SATAN wrote it
himself. And evolution?

Boring at best.
edit on Rpm101615v18201500000015 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

On your issue of "intent"... if the asteroid hadn’t struck the Yucatán 66 million years ago, dinosaurs might still have run of this planet, and humans might have never evolved.

Evolved from what? And isn't the astroid just a hypothesis?

any kind of sense.

himself. And evolution?

Boring at best.

Evolution boring at best? So reading the same book over and over and over with the same story every time is captivating?

The whole point of being human is to experience, learn and grow. If evolution is wrong then why are we not born with all the knowledge of a full life from the outset? Even our minds evolve based on experience. Our decisions are made based on the evolution of our very existence.

Is it your position that we are pre-programmed with every thought and action at birth? If not, then evolution is apparent in every single decision we make on a daily basis.

If you can't understand that this directly correlates to every species then there is something wrong with your perception. Everything follows a pattern, and if our minds follow this pattern, then why is it a stretch that our physical selves follow the same?

Creation belief is the very antithesis of intelligence. It is the opposite of our very core of wanting to relate, understand and grow based on our life experiences.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I understand the process whereby organisms grow learn and mature.
I don't feel you can side step the evolution we are referring to here
with that kind of evolution. If you can even call that evolution.

But that's what I don't understand about evolution. I can't understand
how people can even consider what wipes away mans obvious spirituality.
If you have no spirit, no soul? Then nothing would employ the thinking in
your brain, your breathing your heart or your digestive tract. Or legs to
walk or work or eat or drink or sleep. With no soul and spirit we're not
sh1t!
edit on Rpm101615v54201500000005 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Evolved from what? And isn't the astroid just hypothesis?

the Homo rhodesiensis/heidelbergensis is the closest direct ancestor to homosapiens we have identified so far. studies of molecular biology provide evidence that the approximate time of our divergence from these species was 200,000 years ago

the asteroid impact has been validated, and therefore not just a hypothesis, but a working theory. the age of the rocks marked by the impact shows that this impact structure dates from roughly 66 million years ago, the end of the cretaceous period, and the start of the paleogene period. the impact associated with the crater is thus implicated in the cretaceous–paleogene extinction event, which saw the worldwide extinction of non-avian dinosaurs.

in 2013 a study compared isotopes in impact glass from the chicxulub impact with the same isotopes in ash from the boundary where the extinction event occurred in the fossil record; the study concluded that the impact glasses were dated at 66.038±0.049 Ma, and the deposits immediately above the discontinuity in the geological and fossil record was dated to 66.019±0.021, the two dates being within 32,000 years of each other, or almost exactly the same time within the accepted experimental degree of error.

any kind of sense.

on the contrary, interpreting "image" to mean physical resemblance complicates the matter far more, with a multitude of assumptions and unanswerable questions about God's physical appearance or whether he even had one, than the widely accepted, church approved interpretation of "image" and "likeness" referring to the inherent nature of mind, heart and soul.

why would God need to physically look human? isn't He described in scripture as possessing the qualities of a spirit, rather than a man?

i am not sure where you are finding the scripture to support the notion we were created of "perfect health".. unless you are referring to the allegorical adam and eve in the mythological garden of eden, and interpreting their story literally..

the first chapter of genesis not only does not "blow evolution out of the water", it in fact supports the theory, as i have demonstrated in an earlier reply.

indeed it is up to me, and i have decided after much study and reflection to not interpret the story of man's fall from the garden as literal. it is an allegorical narrative that serves to show us how man evolved his self awareness, personal subjectivity, and knowledge of "good and evil".

if truly believe the history of the universe is all about satan vs. man, and that the bible is there because without it we couldn't comprehend the universe and what is going on, that is your prerogative. i have not been persuaded by the bible or any other religious book that the movie is almost over, and i find it to be a kind of fear-mongering to say it is. scare-tactics like that have been a cornerstone of religious conversion and evangelicalism throughout history, and none of its claims that the world is ending or in its final days has eventuated into anything at all.

you mentioned a few pages ago that you were partaking of the "faith of the hostiles", and said something to the effect of "time is ripe for christianity now that we are in the final days of the age of gentiles".. while i understand the references made to the age of the gentiles in the book of revelation, i have not been able to find a single thing about the fait of the hostiles.. is it an offshoot of christianity? is it a cult or something? would you care to expand on it? what makes "the hostiles" different to other religious movements, if it is one? i know we are well and truly off the topic of evolution, but to be honest i think that was never intended to be the sole topic of this thread in the first place..

himself. And evolution?

Boring at best.

because you are able to find relevance to christian religion in a song about adam and eve, it is in your opinion testimony to some kind of super-intelligence? satan wrote led zepplin songs? since when does a rock band with a sense of humour validate the idea of a superintelligent force? since when is satan a literal anthropomorphic entity who writes rocknroll music?

if you find evolution boring, that is fine. that does not justify a hostile attitude to it however, to the point of implying it is the diabolical work of "satan"..

perhaps you can find an indication of my meaning in the following song. in my opinion it does not testify to some kind of super intelligence, although it does testify to humanity's capacity for creating some fantastic rocknroll:

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   

i have not been able to find a single thing about the fait of the hostiles..

First I must apologize, I just assumed everyone would know that was a joke.
Truly , I do apologize.

Nice retort.

I'll be awhile

because you are able to find relevance to christian religion in a song about adam and eve, it is in your opinion testimony to some kind of super-intelligence?

You do realise it's just one example of a world filled with examples. And I don't
accept or understand any theory that washes the human experience clean
of so much phenomena. That btw science can't put in it's petri dish.

Also when asking the question from what did man evolve from. I was referring
to the same point of asteroid impact. As the other poster was indicating we
evolved from something from that point of an ELE. From what did we evolve?
edit on Rpm101615v22201500000009 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

i have not been able to find a single thing about the fait of the hostiles..

First I must apologize, I just assumed everyone would know that was a joke.
Truly , I do apologize.

Nice retort.

I'll be awhile

ok, i'm sorry i missed the joke. poe's law and all..

because you are able to find relevance to christian religion in a song about adam and eve, it is in your opinion testimony to some kind of super-intelligence?

You do realise it's just one example of a world filled with examples. And I don't
accept or understand any theory that washes the human experience clean
of so much phenomena. That btw science can't put in it's petri dish.

i just fail to see how a song written by a bunch of rock'n'rollers constitutes evidence of an advanced superintelligence.. what phenomena are you referring to? if it can't be observed, then of course science can't quantify and measure it.. if you are referring to observed phenomena, could you please offer some examples for me to investigate?

Also when asking the question from what did man evolve from. I was referring
to the same point of asteroid impact. As the other poster was indicating we
evolved from something from that point of an ELE. From what did we evolve?

we evolved from the organisms that survived the ele, obviously.. the asteroid impact did not sterilse the earth completely, life survived. we are decended from that life..

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Phenomena like this. Just an example
of the human experience that your evolution just simply negates.

we evolved from the organisms that survived the ele, obviously.. the asteroid impact did not sterilse the earth completely, life survived. we are decended from that life..

So that's the common ancester? An organism that survived an ELE????????????????????
Excuse me while I have way more trouble that then anything else I've everheard.
edit on Rpm101615v56201500000058 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

evolution says nothing at all about what is described in that thread, let alone negates it.. why is an understanding of evolution and belief in angels and God not compatible?

So that's the common ancester? An organism that survived an ELE????????????????????

using google you can easily find and learn about our common anscetors, including the avian species and others who survived the asteroid impact. ELE is an acronym for "extinction level event", meaning an event that results in the extinction of a species. it is not an acronym for "everything living extinct". there have been multiple "extinction level events" in earth's history, and life has survived them all.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Yes. Our common (with other apes) ancestor survived something that caused many (not all) species to become extinct. As did the common ancestors of modern birds. And modern fish. And modern reptiles. And modern amphibians.

I'm pretty sure you're aware than many species have become, and continue to become extinct. Haven't seen a passenger pigeon lately, have you? Did all birds disappear because they did? There will be no future animals with passenger pigeons as a common ancestor but there will be new bird species in the future because there are plenty of bird species still around.

While it it not common for a bunch of species to disappear because of a single event, it does apparently happen.

But...
Oh blah dee, oh blah dah. Life goes on, brah.
And life is all about evolving to the ever changing world in which we're living.

edit on 10/17/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   

. why is an understanding of evolution and belief in angels and God not compatible?

Because if there are Angels and God they aren't just good deed doers
like I dream of genie. There would be an authoritative book with
accounts of interactions between this God and his creation reaching
into antiquity. Oh look there's one now

I can't find that word in there once.

edit on Ram101715v13201500000008 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Yes. Our common (with other apes) ancestor survived something that caused many (not all) species to become extinct. As did the common ancestors of modern birds. And modern fish. And modern reptiles. And modern amphibians.

Nice clean up by Phage.

Cyber swooper!

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   
evolution is the best theory we have and even if it were false, it doesn't make any other theory correct by default. evidence is king and it will speak for itself.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   

. why is an understanding of evolution and belief in angels and God not compatible?

Because if there are Angels and God they aren't just good deed doers
like I dream of genie. There would be an authoritative book with
accounts of interactions between this God and his creation reaching
into antiquity. Oh look there's one now

I can't find that word in there once.

And there we have your entire argument: it's directly referenced literally in scripture, or it doesn't exist.

There is a lot more to the world than one book and more ways of understanding our world than studying ancient texts. Ways like the scientific method.

You have not answered my question.
edit on 17-10-2015 by spygeek because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

Don't ask me to prove God exists if you replace him with a one hundred and eighty year old lie.

That's what Mike Warnke calls a 'heavy revvy' right there...

The way I see it, trying to understand evolution is like trying to understand Scientology by reading Dianetics.

It just ain't gonna happen no way no how, as they like to say down south.

One does not understand propaganda by studying propaganda.

Darwinism is nothing less than a MASSIVE form of mind control masquerading as true knowledge.

In the Illuminati propaganda arsenal, the greatest tool for destroying faith in God has been Darwin's theory of evolution. I know some say "I believe in evolution and God." Nonetheless, countless people have become atheists from being taught the theory as "fact" - I was once one of them.

Darwinism is an Illuminati Scam

The truth is there is no debate, it's an open/shut case when observed through the lens of historical fact: The 'evolution theory' is purely a political weapon used to shut down Man's awakening to his true potential which began with the spread of the revelation of Christ as the promised Savior which all the world was waiting for... Now look around you: illiteracy/ignorance is up, 'science' is faked to serve Global politics and transnational corporations... Socialists needed evolution as the backbone to sell their world-view and evolution needed Socialism to force it into the public mind via compulsory learning and media support.

Exposing the Pagan Roots of Evolution

Ever since the time of Darwin, part of the major press has been given the task of disseminating Darwinist indoctrination. The Darwinists of the time were well aware that the theory of evolution would never be corroborated by any scientific evidence, but produced a Darwinist dictatorship as the result of systematic and organized activities and charged part of the major press with spreading the fraud. The press in question is still at work today. The only difference is that the Darwinist fraud they perpetrate has now been exposed.

Darwinist Propaganda Techniques

"Now, it is easy to show that Darwinism, one of the pillars of modern biology, is nothing but a kind of cult, a cult religion. I am not exaggerating. It has no scientific validity whatsoever. Darwin's so-called theory of evolution is based on absurdly irrational propositions, which did not come from scientific observations, but were artificially introduced from the outside, for political-ideological reasons."

Jonathan Tennenbaum: Toward a True Science of Life

His theory of evolution was the result of the spread of Kabbalistic occult science in Europe following the Reformation and through the masonic Alta Vendita, a conspiracy to subvert the Christian faith and replace it with the anti-Christ Kabbalistic world order. Darwinism and its occult science set the foundation for technocracy, or, the scientific dictatorship currently enveloping the world.

Illuminati Agents – Series V
IMPLYING THAT DOG BREEDING IS FALSE? THE #

DNA has been examined under a microscope , it exists.

I'M OFFENDED AT THE IGNORANCE OF THE ABOVE POST. GET THE # OFF MY PLANET.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Blissful

I'M OFFENDED AT THE IGNORANCE OF THE ABOVE POST. GET THE # OFF MY PLANET.

It's really this kind of drama that examples ignorance at it's best
that should be banned.

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   

a reply to: Woodcarver

Randy, we see you and a few others do this every week. we already know you are a giant #ing Troll. You blatantly and proudly grunt that you do not study evolution, so of course you do not understand it. It is hard work being a biologist. It's not the same as skinning squirrels or whatever you do for beer money. But to say that you don't understand it, therefor it must be false, is a statement worthy of ridicule. Start taking your life seriously and stop writing these bait threads.

So your issue would be not smart enough to avoid bait threads?

I think they just want you to be a bit more mindful before you establish. It doesn't take much to respect, right?

posted on Oct, 17 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   

You have not answered my question.

Okay, I understand that the theory of evolution is incomplete
and not neccessary for God in any way as a tool he would use for
the purpose of creation. So evolution could only be compatible
with God and Angels if it takes a back seat in their reality as
something men dreamed up to dismiss them out right. Making it
obvious that people like yourself aren't innocent in their disbelief.
You would want to kill God, if you weren't able to deny him.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join