It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crimes Against Law Enforcement To Be Prosecutable As "Hate Crimes"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Hmmm. Sounds like Pandora's Box

People who kill Cops don't care, Just as criminals don't care about gun laws..if anything more cops will be killed.

Putting this into perspective, Criminals will make it a point that no LEO witness survive.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Cops will use it against their spouses.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

What about hate speech about welfare for individuals and those who claim it? Will that also be made a crime?

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Well. That's pretty stupid.

Potential for abuse: astronomical.

Certainly is, but perhaps the real intent is restict free speech and further narrow down peoples rights, options and choices while at the same time increasing the power of the state to control and regualte people lives.

The more this goes on the more people are going to start feeling less like free, independent and sovereign human beings and more like something else.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Even blind Freddy knows that 24/7 live stream body cameras will protect the innocent from the guilty.

But might as well expose any 'protection racket'.

Wouldn't do to have cops accepting bribes on camera, now would it.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Measures to strengthen the protected status of these criminals will likely accelerate before the TPP/TISA vote.

They are the designated enforcers for corporate control.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Should be the other way around or same for all, I would guess at least 50% of these charges are complete scat to begin with.
In summary..not a good idea.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Well after all the majority of law enforcement these days are mentaly challenged so i guess that means they qualify. So i dont see what the big deal is lol. I mean you have to be legally brain dead to even want to be a cop in the first place so...

When you actualy think about it crimes against retarded people is a hate crime. And most of mercuh hates cops anyway. Its just sad they are too stupid to change that. Yet they whine bitch and moan "why does everyone hate me"

No thanks to poice unions ensuring these serial killers with badges walk every time only to rub our collective noses in it. These high school bullies , these road pirates and their thin blue line are nothing but a criminal racket funded by your tax dollars extorting the very tax payer for their masters like attack dogs.

We have seen the shift from public servant to para military corporate mercenary in recent years. Its a no brainer that they will impose such orwelian laws and whos to stop them? Expect more orewellian laws to pass nobody is stopping these lobbyist traitors certainly not us commoners.

They the police FARCE have zero loyalty to the tax payer. They only care about that check and remember to "respect mah authoritah" And the many boot lickers and apoligists seem to think police actually stop crimes before they happen , they too will be frowned in in history.

want to help peole and save lives ?

Become a EMT join your fire department

Want to be a statist tool enforcing unjust laws conjured up by neo-facist lobbyists to use human lives as bargaining chips for the prison industry ? Be a cop , of course you wont be elgible if your IQ scores too high.

Court OKs Barring High IQs for Cops

abcnews.go.com...
edit on 12-10-2015 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I don't have a problem with making a special law for crimes against police. What bothers me is the vague label of "Hate crime".

I think you have to have law and order and people who commit violent crimes against the police are definitely a big problem. That actually does justify a special law (IMO). But "hate crime" is not specific enough and it seems to be designed to spread into many other areas.

Laws are a lot like computer programs. A law that is designed to deal with a very specific problem should be written in very clear and specific language. When someone goes out of their way to write a law that is not very specific, you know they either did it on purpose or they shouldn't be writing laws.

The entire idea of "hate crime" is misguided at best. And probably designed to undermine everything when you get right down to it.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Yes there are all ready special laws that are spose to "protect" LE such as assaulting a police officer. And it is a class D felony in some states punishable up to 5 years in prison. Whereas an assault on a citizen is peanuts in comparison.

Yes it is vague , very

edit on 12-10-2015 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
How much bigger of a b1tch card can they play? I mean really?

They do their jobs and they're all "I'm a hero for doing what I'm paid to do".

They abuse their power and they're all "My job is tough and you'd be LOST w/o me".

Greatest threat to liberty is not ISIS, but the local domestic terrorist group known as "law enforcement". They've killed more citizens than any other terrorist organization AND we pay them to do it!

Derek

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Viesczy
They abuse their power and they're all "My job is tough and you'd be LOST w/o me".

Greatest threat to liberty is not ISIS, but the local domestic terrorist group known as "law enforcement". They've killed more citizens than any other terrorist organization AND we pay them to do it!

This is just not true and is really just inflammatory nonsense. Some cops abuse their power. Some of them have a bad attitude. Overall, cops do have a pretty tough job. And I'm not a cop.

Too many citizens have the wrong idea about police. If the culture of resisting arrest was not so widespread, I believe a lot of the problems would not happen nearly as often. Cops are not there to be judges. If they think you're breaking the law, their job is simply to take you in and charge you. If you cooperate with them and don't give them a lot of friction, you probably won't have a problem.

The reason you have a lot of cops running around in a bad mood is probably because they encounter so many horrible people and they're so used to having to force people to comply. It's plain old human nature. Desensitizing. The same old thing over and over.

What the people who give cops a hard time don't realize is they're making things worse. The old saying was "tell it to the judge". And really, that's what people are getting wrong. They're blaming cops for laws they didn't write. Someone gets pulled over because a cop believes they've broken the law and some people will go straight into that mode where they try to plead their case to the cop. The cop doesn't care. If he didn't think you broke the law, he wouldn't have pulled you over. It's not his job. Now of course it's not wrong to try to explain yourself if there was a misunderstanding but if you broke the law and you know it, just don't put up any resistance. You'll have your day in court. The judge is the only person who matters once a cop thinks you've broken the law.

Really. All I'm saying is antagonism isn't helping anything.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

It's what those opposed to hate crime laws have said. Be careful of what it leads to. Just wow

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarthFazer

Yes there are all ready special laws that are spose to "protect" LE such as assaulting a police officer. And it is a class D felony in some states punishable up to 5 years in prison. Whereas an assault on a citizen is peanuts in comparison.

Yes it is vague , very

Well, I assumed as much but I didn't know what they're called. But of course the problem is pretty obvious. The penalty for breaking the laws that already exist is not enough. They wouldn't need to make a new law to fix that. Unless they felt they HAD to make a new (And different) law for some other reason. Which is the disturbing part.
edit on 12-10-2015 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-10-2015 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Buuuuullll.
There are countless videos of people not only not resisting, but actively complying getting tased, shot, beaten, or all of the above.
These cops should be immediately arrested and charged.
Are they?
Nope.
Because they followed policy.
Since when did policy trump law?
And before you go off on how I'm probably a criminal that hates cops, el wrongo.
I dislike and distrust all authority because I've never met any that didn't abuse it.
Including myself when I was managing kitchens.
If all around you are doing it, it becomes normal.
There are no good cops if there is even one bad one.
If you, as law enforcement are unable to catch the baddies in your own midst, you are either incompetent or complicit.
I vote for both.
This idiocy of le bill of rights, hate crimes against cops...seriously America, get your # together, its getting embarrassing (and hard) for those of us outside your burgeoning 3rd world hellhole that really are pulling for you to keep doing so...
You guys don't need terrorist threats from outside to bring you down.
You have a active cells all over your country doing a fine job already....
edit on 12-10-2015 by VictorBloodworth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

There is already special laws for police.

Cops are not there to be judges. If they think you're breaking the law, their job is simply to take you in and charge you. If you cooperate with them and don't give them a lot of friction, you probably won't have a problem.

Except for going to jail, hopefully being able to bail out and then fees for a lawyer if you don't was public defender that will just try and get a guilty plea.
All for what possibly get thrown out or dismissed.
Almost like you shouldn't of been arrested for it in the first place.

Cops don't take your rights away.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Then there is the old "ignorance of the law is no excuse" chestnut...
But wait, unless you are a cop...then its for a court to decide.
No repercussions for the offender(cop) if they get it wrong cause they are only human and can't be expected to know all the laws, lol...
And to a man they ALL defend this hypocritical position.
Along with the whole lapel cameras are invasions if privacy bull#.
The only time you here them pissing and moaning about privacy is when it includes them...otherwise its "if you got nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear" ...laughable if it wasn't so pathetic.
I have a penis, nothing to hide there right?
How about i wave that you, you scumbag?
I don't see them worried about anyone's right to privacy when they are posting mugshots of UNCONVICTED people in the paper, then refusing to issue a retraction when the charges are dismissed.
It's as if as soon as that badge gets issued, you are now free from admitting you were wrong and ever having to apologise for being an idiot.
But hey, long as you got through your shift safely, to hell with everyone else, right?

edit on 12-10-2015 by VictorBloodworth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorBloodworth

And if they want to talk about hate, address Thee Rant.
Not only are those sorry excuses of humanity projecting hate in spades, there is rampant and open discussion on how to break the law to their advantage...
But I guess that's just free speech, right?

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorBloodworth

Buuuuullll.
There are countless videos of people not only not resisting, but actively complying getting tased, shot, beaten, or all of the above.

But I guess you missed my point. And that is simply that a few seconds worth of video footage doesn't really tell the whole story. Obviously you will probably see the event as it happened but you probably won't see all the other stops that cop made that day or that week or that month or that year or in his entire career.

You won't see how many complete jerks he's had to deal with when he was just doing his job and trying to stay calm. The news people won't go back through his career and find all of the videos of suspects trying to fight him, trying to shoot him and trying to provoke him. Because at least if you saw a hundred incidents of people being jerks to the same cop you might kind of understand why he's in no mood for games and might be on edge all the time.

Does that give them an excuse? No. But like I said. It doesn't help anyone when people mess around with the police and resist arrest all it does is adds stress to the job and pisses off the cops. They shouldn't be out there shooting people who are cooperating but it won't make the situation any better by having an us against them mentality. Most cops just want to go home at the end of the day. They don't want to take chances. They deal with armed and desperate people every day and every time one of them loses it, the public blames it on all cops.

Is that helping? Does it really help to make all cops feel like the public is working against them?

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Just another reason to avoid the police...?

<< 1    3 >>

join