It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the powerful force us to live subterranean if they wanted?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
It strikes me that if economic circumstances were correct we could be forced to live below ground.If land on Earth became expensive enough and brick or other building materials equally expensive, then many of us would find ourselves living in houses below the ground. When people say that it is impossible or unlikely we end up there it would just take the someone to be rich enough and with enough power to want more space eg almost the entire surface. If the powerful ever decided that the working and middle class should not be above ground we would all end up living below ground. Another way would be to limit the height we could build buildings. Then tax openings that lead above ground forcing corridors which lead to underground developments and make public money available for linking such underground corridors.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I suppose it is also possible that there could already be people living almost completely underground because scientists have after all worked in all types of locations and so many would probably be perfectly willing to live like that in secret: after all living in the south pole as some scientists do is probably a lot like living in a prison and yet they still volunteer and even then they don't necessarily get to work there.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: simro

The opposite is true.

The safety of "underground" facilities are for them. The surface is for you.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I wonder how difficult it would be to connect those underground facilities? It may actually be easier to put us underground than for them to be.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

hello and welcome simro

good to know a bit about your ideas.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS
I'd totally be volunteering to live underground.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Search google for "underground mansions" or "millionaire underground bunkers" that might change your mind about who is going to go underground.

$1billion bunker for millionaires in German village

Slideshow of Calif. 6-Story Underground Mansion

The luxurious £2m underground mansion designed to keep away prying eyes

St range Underground Mansion 'Hacienda De La Paz' For Sale At $53 Million

$53 Million California Mansion Has Five Underground Floors Of Wonder (PHOTOS)

Six-story mansion is five stories underground

edit on 261031America/ChicagoSun, 11 Oct 2015 18:26:00 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

I have actually seen these things but these underground mansions are separate: as far as I know: facilities. But could we be made to live collectively underground so that all houses would be connected a complete underground world all connected: eventually. I am not saying we will be but could we be forced through controlled economics, public policies and laws?

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Before that happens you are more likely to see the 99% be pushed to live on mars or vice versa

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
The cost of producing underground facilities for housing large populations would be far too much. It's simply too much work and money for relocating the "poor".

Instead the only logical reason to spend the money and resources on building underground facilities is for those same wealthy people to house themselves.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: simro
a reply to: infolurker

I wonder how difficult it would be to connect those underground facilities? It may actually be easier to put us underground than for them to be.

Look at Montreal - they already have an underground city due to the cold weather. They basically connected the sub-basements of large office blocks/shopping malls/condo units together. So somebody can get out of bed, go out of their apartment to the underground level, take the metro to work, go for a workout, get their hair done, and then go back home without ever seeing the surface:

montrealvisitorsguide.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Sounds like the Eloi and the Morloks... Not a bad plan really. Feed the Eloi and keep them happy, then snatch a few when need be. Sheeple are already herded and raised like livestock. Why not take the last step?

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Could the powerful force us to live subterranean if they wanted?

See Fritz Lange's 'Metropolis' (Great music!)
See the original 'Time Machine's Morlocks and Eloi.

'Metropolis' future evolves into 'Time Machine' future!

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

The opposite is true.

The safety of "underground" facilities are for them. The surface is for you.

Exactly! Anybody caught trying to break into their swanky underground paradise will be shot on sight.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Living underground is reserved for government officials and those connected to them. They want the population to live above ground so we all fry during a nuclear attack while they're all safe and cozy underground. Underground real estate is reserved only for the select few.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
The 2nd Amendment gives them pause...

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I'd tunnel up into some billionaire's ball room, just to spoil the party.

"Honey! Damn moles are tearing up the social status again!"

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   
If so it will be more like the lost children of Brazil. They actually live in the sewers and underground in the cities. There was a documentary a few years ago, I will search it down and post anything interesting or relevant.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: chewi

Or the tunnel dwellers of New York or Las Vegas. Whole subcultures exist below the ground already...although in the case of Vegas, the rare rainstorm washes them out briefly, alive or dead.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Actually the plan is to get us into"Judge Dread" type cities with "Total Recall" type housing.
The idea is they make it TOO EXPENSIVE to live and to abbandon small towns of road and federal systemic support
Via new taxes.
Carbon tax, an assesment of consumption vs production is scored,the essential elimination orf national soverignty in order to make EVERYONE equal,no big houses or too many possetions,so that EVERY THING can be recorded and quanitified to the optimal measure that the system wishes aka Global Government via the UN.
other wise known as Agenda 21 or 2030 Project,the underground stuff is military and elite ONLY.
edit on 12-10-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join