It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aleister Crowley - The failure

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Conspiracy hipster? The person was full of s***, just like Icke is, both are so full of **** and loves the spotlight.

Cult leaders with their followers

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Hyperia

Is that all you have then? base insults with litle or no real argument as to why your opinion should recive validation?

Crack on then buddy, Crowley and Icke are both well known for there works, I doubt your posts will be given the same level of creedance in years to come.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: akushla99

What impressive 'things' did he do?...any differently, say, to a Shelly, Coleridge, Hubbard...

Have you read 777? Shelly and Coleridge aren't even in the same category. Hubbard tried to copy Crowley. Hubbard was a fan who tested the formula. But Hubbard's teachings can't touch the tomes that Aleister freely promulgated, and he, like the other's that Aleister rebuked, charged $$ for and/or kept their secret knowledge of these things hidden, distributed under oaths and threats. All things hidden and kept in the dark to fester produce black magick that falls deeper into the gravity well. The big wheels roll over and crush the greedy and the weak. The righteous and upright walk through walls. That's what Crowley taught.

edit on 12-10-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

What impressive 'things' did he do?...any differently, say, to a Shelly, Coleridge, Hubbard...

Have you read 777? Shelly and Coleridge aren't even in the same category. Hubbard tried to copy Crowley. Hubbard was a fan who tested the formula. But Hubbard's teachings can't touch the tomes that Aleister freely promulgate, and he, like the other's that Aleister rebuked, charged $$ for and/or kept their secret knowledge of these things hidden, distributed under oaths and threats. All things hidden and kept in the dark to fester, produce black magick that falls deeper into the gravity well. The big wheels roll over and crush the greedy and the weak. The righteous and upright walk through walls.

Again, the thread isn't about me.

So, now Crowley is elevated over The Ancient Mariner...

Crowley read & wrote...ostensibly because he had the comfort of time and money (not necessarily in that order) whether he achieved anything Majickally is highly questionable...apart from releasing the demons in his own cranial cavity and being so Majickally endowed, that a continuing venereal problem was outside his sphere of 'power'...I'd call that a fail...so 'disciplined', it appears he wanted to contract a lifelong disease to bolster his credence as a rebel and master Majician...in that sense, in the minds of adulants - he was a success...obviously...

Å99

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

So, now Crowley is elevated over The Ancient Mariner

They're not even in the same category. It would be like comparing Bach to Homer.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

They're not even in the same category. It would be like comparing Bach to Homer.

Then Crowley, at best, was a celebrity of convenience...His written work stands as a record, there is no dispute with this - what is contained within those works are testament to a 'want for nothing' lifestyle, characterised variously as debauchery, self-apologetically qualified by 'Do what thou wilt'...which is exactly what he did...

As I said earlier - without the comfort of unlimited funds - he would have been just another drug addict...

Å99

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: akushla99

Then Crowley, at best, was a celebrity of convenience...His written work stands as a record, there is no dispute with this - what is contained within those works are testament to a 'want for nothing' lifestyle, characterised variously as debauchery, self-apologetically qualified by 'Do what thou wilt'...which is exactly what he did...

As I said earlier - without the comfort of unlimited funds - he would have been just another drug addict...

Å99

I am confused as to your statement that Crowley had the comfort of unlimited funds, I was of the understanding that he struggled through certain parts of his life as regards to financial stability.

Could you give some reference to this please?.
edit on 12/10/2015 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Then Crowley, at best, was a celebrity of convenience

Not while he was alive.

I compared Crowley to Bach because he expressed his "art" mathematically, drawing illusive and imperceptible relationships of harmony and discord. His works are not for everybody, clearly. He cleverly presented his craft with many shiny bobbles and booby traps.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

Å99

I am confused as to your statement that Crowley had the comfort of unlimited funds, I was of the understanding that he struggled through certain parts of his life as regards to financial stability.

Could you give some reference to this please?.

Did he ever wait tables, work in the mail dep...etc...where did the funds come from?...his majik?

Å99

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Then Crowley, at best, was a celebrity of convenience

Not while he was alive.

I compared Crowley to Bach because he expressed his "art" mathematically, drawing illusive and imperceptible relationships of harmony and discord. His works are not for everybody, clearly. He cleverly presented his craft with many shiny bobbles and booby traps.

Comparing Crowley to Bach - in terms of 'art' alone, is, pushing Crowleys envelope beyond any reaonable discussion...What did Crowley 'actually' do with his 'majick'?

Å99

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

whether he achieved anything Majickally is highly questionable...apart from releasing the demons in his own cranial cavity and being so Majickally endowed, that a continuing venereal problem was outside his sphere of 'power'...I'd call that a fail...so 'disciplined'

Do you condemn Tantric Sex as venereal? Is bisexuality demonic in your book? Didn't Jesus, effectively, summons the Devil when he went on his "vision quest" in the dessert, depriving himself of food and water, seeing visions of rocks turning into loaves of bread and such? In the end, Jesus ruined his body for "The Great Work". Jesus taught to give up your life to gain it. So did Crowley.

Disciplined, was not something that Crowley accentuated. Free will and honestly aligning your whole self to the commitment of exercising free will was.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Comparing Crowley to Bach - in terms of 'art' alone, is, pushing Crowleys envelope beyond any reaonable discussion...What did Crowley 'actually' do with his 'majick'?...because till now, no 'impressive feat' has been forthcoming, apart from a written body of work...kudos to that, but a literary Bach, he was not...

Å99
edit on 12-10-2015 by akushla99 because: Glitching

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

whether he achieved anything Majickally is highly questionable...apart from releasing the demons in his own cranial cavity and being so Majickally endowed, that a continuing venereal problem was outside his sphere of 'power'...I'd call that a fail...so 'disciplined'

Do you condemn Tantric Sex as venereal? Is bisexuality demonic in your book? Didn't Jesus, effectively, summons the Devil when he went on his "vision quest" in the dessert, depriving himself of food and water, seeing visions of rocks turning into loaves of bread and such? In the end, Jesus ruined his body for "The Great Work". Jesus taught to give up your life to gain it. So did Crowley.

Disciplined, was not something that Crowley accentuated. Free will and honestly aligning your whole self to the commitment of exercising free will was.

...and I am exercising mine...do You see a problem?

Å99

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Comparing Crowley to Bach - in terms of 'art' alone, is, pushing Crowleys envelope beyond any reaonable discussion...What did Crowley 'actually' do with his 'majick'?...because till now, no 'impressive feat' has been forthcoming, apart from a written body of work...kudos to that, but a literary Bach, he was not...

Å99

I disagree.

...and I am exercising mine...do You see a problem?

Why would I?

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Tantric sex is hardly ever allied with venereal disease, the fact that you have tied Tantra, venereal disease and Crowley together is a little laughable...sorry, I'm not laughing at you, just the confluence of those 3 and what that might mean...

Å99

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

We're at liberty to disagree, if not on interpretation of inner and outer Majik...all I asked for was an example of some impressive feat (and I know it wasn't you who mentioned it) but, what you have said is that Crowley was not feted in his own lifetime, which means, others since have feted him on the strength of his written work, because clearly he wanted a venereal disease, otherwise an 'impressive feat' would be imunity from it, recorded...

Å99

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks

I guess to those talking about his magic what exactly was so ground breaking that he did? What did he discover that hadn't been taught in the old ancient mystery schools, and various society's throughout history. Serious question, just curious as to what he did that wasn't a copy of other works and teachings a long time ago.

May be his greatest achievement is that now in 2015 you are thinking that those "old ancient mystery schools" were never forgotten. If Crowley doesn't lie he was a medium and awakened Aiwass

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: kitzik
a reply to: Reallyfolks

I guess to those talking about his magic what exactly was so ground breaking that he did? What did he discover that hadn't been taught in the old ancient mystery schools, and various society's throughout history. Serious question, just curious as to what he did that wasn't a copy of other works and teachings a long time ago.

May be his greatest achievement is that now in 2015 you are thinking that those "old ancient mystery schools" were never forgotten. If Crowley doesn't lie he was a medium and awakened Aiwass

Then he was a historian of sorts...I think he would have absolutely loved the notion that he was a medium or awakened anything...

Å99

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Well, That's really naive and ignorant. You think that viruses know the difference between spiritual ecstasy and mundane sex? And yes, Crowley wrote and taught about the spiritual ecstasy that can be achieved Tantrically, using the Tree of Life as a vehicle of enlightenment that transcends time and space.

Of course Crowley was ahead of time in that regard, spearheading the sexual revolution that he predicted would come, and he also predicted that, in the century that began in 1917, homosexuality would begin to be embraced and integrated into society.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Crowley never claimed to be a god or deity that was immune from physical disease. Crowley suffered kidney disease as a young man in his teens. He struggled with all kinds of health problems, which makes his physical endurance as a mountain climber even more impressive.

Aleister Crowley was a brilliant man who mapped out the occult for anyone to delve into at whatever depth or angle they prefer, hiding no secrets, doing so at great risk to his personal reputation and well being.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join