It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aleister Crowley - The failure

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Wandering Scribe

There are stories that should be buried, sorry

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
His failure was in his mental illness.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Hyperia

Your words on Crowley are bombastic!
AND you obviously do not know ANYTHING about the man since your very small excerpt came from Wiki. *insert laugh*

//93

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Staroth

Charles Manson, cult leaders usually have a bunch of lost followers. Think the same goes for Crowley, people who needs a purpose to understand nature. Open the door go out, listen to birds. We are an extension of earth, If you need Crowley to understand that I pity you

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: HyperiaAleister Crowley - The failure

Please correct me if I misinterpret, but what I hear is a judgmental Faithless Xtian, hating, ignorantly, and judging another, in essence, 'bearing false witness against your neighbor'.
With no 'Xtian Love' in evidence, you set about to demonize others (Xtian pastime)!
Your intent is suspect, and hypocritical!
Am I incorrect in my reading of your (typical Xtian boilerplate) 'demonization' of Mr. Crowley?

There are many, less 'closed minded' than you who find much meaning in his writings, but;

"All 'meaning' exists in the eye (thoughts) of the beholder!
Which is why (Xtians, anyway) are told not to judge!
It was even emphasized in;
"As you judge the least of these, so you judge me!" - Jesus

Perhaps I am way off base?
I dunno, if it walks like a duck... *__-
edit on 11-10-2015 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Hey, he did what he wilt.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DuckforcoveR

Bill Murray Money! .. thats great

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Aleister Crowley was an anti-religious moral sex addict. His philosophy is not unique or special.

By eliminating the God of religion he created his version of life by cherry picking through the religious and philosophical texts.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Being a Christian myself, however, I do not think that Crowley was a failure. He actually did quite a bit in terms of understanding and utilizing magic and the inexhaustible power of demons. And those powers are nothing to scoff at. I think he was a confused man, but not a failure by any means. He did what he set out to do. Whether he was right or wrong is up to ethical subjectivity. But a failure he was not.

a reply to: MystikMushroom

I think you're correct. Magic is, in essence, energy and the manipulation of it. Christians, however, ask God to do it for them--because magic isn't something that should be messed around with. No power is your own--you're always getting it from somewhere. Whether that be from God, demons, djinni, nature spirits, etc. The choice is yours--but there is always a price. Except in the case of Christianity where the price has already been paid--by Jesus.

a reply to: Isurrender73

I think you meant immoral--I don't know how one can be a moral sex addict

edit on 11-10-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

OH! and I must insert this CoF cover song.

edit on 11-10-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: rukia
Being a Christian myself, however, I do not think that Crowley was a failure. He actually did quite a bit in terms of understanding and utilizing magic and the inexhaustible power of demons. And those powers are nothing to scoff at. I think he was a confused man, but not a failure by any means. He did what he set out to do. Whether he was right or wrong is up to ethical subjectivity. But a failure he was not.

a reply to: MystikMushroom

I think you're correct. Magic is, in essence, energy and the manipulation of it. Christians, however, ask God to do it for them--because magic isn't something that should be messed around with. No power is your own--you're always getting it from somewhere. Whether that be from God, demons, djinni, nature spirits, etc. The choice is yours--but there is always a price. Except in the case of Christianity where the price has already been paid--by Jesus.

I think you meant immoral--I don't know how one can be a moral sex addict

OH! and I must insert this CoF cover song.

Naaaahhh

He was a rich boy who became an addict and contracted venereal disease...any ridiculous story that he knew about demons, are stories about his own inner demons - the guy was a pompous, grandstanding idiot that had enough money and time on his hands to pen his drugged up escapades, and make himself more mysterious than he actually was...but, there are suckers born every minute...

Å99

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

Ill summarize it for ya in a word, horse****

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia

No I meant moral.

He did not believe in harming others according to what I have read about him. He didn't have the moral standards of a spiritual man, but he wasn't trying to hurt anyone.

He was a sex addict and a drug addict. His experience with demons probably had something to do with the drugs.

I would rather live next to Aleister Crowley then members of ISIS, or the TPTB that funded moderate (BS) genocidal terrorists. I would also choose Crowley over those who practice human sacrifice (death). Since Crowley only supported blood sacrifice minus the death, and believed his own blood to be the most powerful.

The truly great Magician will be able to use his own blood, or possibly that of a disciple, and that without sacrificing the physical life irrevocably. An example of this sacrifice is given in Chapter 44 of Liber 333. This Mass may be recommended generally for daily practice.raumfahrer.wordpress.com...

Of course he also believed that there would have to be a major war (blood sacrifice) for his vision to come true. However, he was only saying the same thing many Christians say about Armageddon.

He was a sex addict and drug addict who was a little insane. Not a genocidal maniac, serial killer or rapist. So yes he had morals, not to my standards, but not intentionally evil.

edit on 12-10-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   
From what I've read of Crowly, and seen in documentaries about him, and of him in his own work he was an immoral degenerate.

And died alone of disease and a incapacitated mind because of severe drug use, in poverty.

I don't think he's any shining example of success to follow.

I imagine his followers end up quite like him, if they truly follow his path, mentally insanse, in poverty, lots of veneral diseases, friendless, and die in dispair.

What a chap to follow as the model of success.

And yes, in a lot of his writings he shows a deep hatred toward "Jehovah" and a love of "Satan." And over and over and over again calls upon Satan to fill him.

He was immoral of his own free will. And if anyone wants to know who called him the "wickedest man alive" it was himself. He loved depravity, and called himself all the most perveted things you can think of. He relished being called "the beast" "evil" and wicked.

He was an immoral deviant, who probably did abuse a lot of children, and even murdered not a few. People who excuse his conduct, and then say he wasn't as bad as it was painted, or who have a love for his conduct or his attitude, and where it lead him, will probably end up just like him. In poverty, almost homeless, friendless, disease ridden, and full of pain and misery.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: JackReyes

He was an immoral deviant, who probably did abuse a lot of children, and even murdered not a few.

You were doing fine until you got to this part. This would have been directly against what he wrote he believed, so you will have to find some evidence to back those claims up.

Many people who don't understand the OT think YHWH is evil. Not really saying much.

He was a drug addict and a sex addict who
was a little insane. Nothing more.

He was no Hitler, Stalin or Pol Pot. Those men were far more evil then Crowley. He wasn't even Manson.

He had a conscience but he was a bit insane.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   

I didn't say he did, I said "who probably" which is not a statement of fact. But I will give you points for my pointing that out. Even removing that form the equation, which, since I don't know of any proof, is fair to remove, he still wasn't a sterling example. Although would you accept his own personal admissions? I was going on those.

Here is an interesting documentary I saw about him, probably a couple of years ago:

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: JackReyes

I know he wasn't an example to follow. But I think he was insane and in need of mental help more then anything.

To say anything more is to give credibility to his writings. Reading Crowley is like getting a glimpse into the mind of insanity.

I don't advocate anyone following a madman.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Agreed. Of that much there is very much evidence.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia

No power is your own--you're always getting it from somewhere. Whether that be from God, demons, djinni, nature spirits, etc. The choice is yours--but there is always a price.

This is the kind of "mamby pamby" "Did I do that?" or "The Devil made me do it!" attitude that Crowley despised. This is the kind of thinking that allows people like Hitler to rise, according to Crowley. The transference of one's personal power to some archetypal messiah is what causes the masses to march boldly and blindly into their own demise.

"No power is your own--you're always getting it from somewhere. Whether that be from God, demons, djinni, nature spirits, etc. The choice is yours--but there is always a price."

You have your own power. Take responsibility! You don't need God or Jesus or demons to wield YOUR power for you!

Do you get electricity, magically from a wall plug, and claim that God is the one who powers your appliances? Or is the electric company a demon you kow-tow to? Do you praise God or Satan every time you drive your car somewhere?

You, not Jesus, wield your own personal power (magic), through the tools that mankind has collectively created to wield its collective power (magic), not God's or Satan's power.

Crowley's "straight and narrow" depended on constant personal responsibility and control.

edit on 12-10-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Wait common sense and being part of nature is called a revolutionary philosophy, Crowley understood instincts and clouded it with mystique and demonology. He praised Anarchy, be thy master of your own instincts. yeah look how well that works with 7,5 bill.

This is the kind of thinking that allows people like Hitler to rise, according to Crowley.

Then you really dont know much about history, think you should start there, so you can see ya master Crowley for what he really is.

There is nothing unique about Crowley his goal was absolute power, if you cant have control over yaself, why preach it.

He is a failure, thats all he ever will be considered. But he was a master at mystique

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Wait common sense and being part of nature is called a revolutionary philosophy,

Says who? You?

Crowley understood instincts and clouded it with mystique and demonology.

You would have had to have actually read his works in order for you to make any kind of judgement of what Crowley did or didn't understand. Since you haven't and have no idea of what he wrote about or taught, your critique is senseless.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join