It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aleister Crowley - The failure

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Hyperia

Sure we do, we are co-creators of our reality. Some people decide to take the reigns more than others and actually take proactive steps to direct their realities with purposeful intent. Other people are content to just sit back on autopilot.

I think it's really about one's level of consciousness. Some people have a more expanded consciousness and can actually hold/entertain the idea that their subjective reality is something projected from within themselves. These people can see and feel that the world doesn't happen TO them, but rather the world unfolds because of an interaction WITH them.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarkestConspiracyMoon
Hmm, I never have viewed him as a failure. Interesting point of view nonetheless.

Bored and rich...gotta do something.

The guy was a sham, and the public has regaled in his exploits bourne of boredom and the capacity to pursue them...

...otherwise, he would been just another drug casualty with venereal disease...

Å99
edit on 11-10-2015 by akushla99 because: Addd

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

It doesnt, dance is just a stimuli, you use rituals in most cases to learn primates how to be clean. Like you learn a dog to not take a dump inside, your expression is a ritual of enforcement.

Monkey do, dog does.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hyperia
a reply to: windword

nor were you a student of magick

I answered your question about magick

I never asked you a question about magick.

I explained not interested in the semantics.

Neither are you informed or interested in the magick that Crowley discussed. He didn't invent magic, you know, he defined it.

No, we all dont use magick.

WRONG!

We dont colorize are instincts with fine words,

That's exactly what you tried to do in your OP!

we dont change the word of Natural Law made by Aristotle.

Aristotle's logic have been proven to be less than logical and Aristotle created no laws.

Man works to change natural laws everyday. In so doing, he's committing an act of magick!

He was a man who tried to justify his own ambition.

So, no different than any other ambitious man.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Im not interested in BS# thats what im saying, nothing else. He was a complete BS#er, he understood stimulus, and he mastered it. Does it make him a great man, no. Is it called Magicka, no, welcome to the 21th century where science progress.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Dont take it personal , ive seen the OP state that he can manifest dark matter, and that hes a direct descendant/bloodline of Knights Templar

You are right though, everyone uses magic to an extent, be it prayer, intent, positive thoughts, direction of attitude and emotions.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hyperia

Im not interested in BS# thats what im saying, nothing else. He was a complete BS#er, he understood stimulus, and he mastered it. Does it make him a great man, no. Is it called Magicka, no, welcome to the 21th century where science progress.

??

Youre all over the map, First you say its not real magick, then you say you do magick, and then you brag about your lineage in magick, and then you downplay magick by saying "Welcome to Science"

You arent consistent

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: OptimisticCynic

manifest? Its understanding nature, do you think the Universe is different from what is on this planet? Same rules applies everywhere, Fibbonacci, golden ratio. Your imagination makes a picture of your prayer, is it magick? No, its a goal you strive for, is a positive thought Magick, no, but your smile is.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Like I said in my first post, you've obviously never studied Aleister Crowley's works. I can just as easily say that you're a failure, your words are nothing but boastful and empty BS that directly expose you for being a man who is desperate to justify your own ambitions.

edit on 11-10-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: OptimisticCynic

It was called alchemy also once, dont see where you are getting to.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

edit on 11-10-2015 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
One of the better documentaries I've seen on Crowley:
(Robert Anton Wilson is one of my favorite scholars. I never tire of listening to him)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Like I said in my first post, you've obviously never studied Aleister Crowley's works. I can just as easily say that you're a failure, your words are nothing but boastful and empty BS that directly expose you for being a man who is desperate to justify your own ambitions.

I explain what Crowley is, and nothing you said, absoluetly nothing was about what magick is, im saying, Crowley understood stimuli, hell even Steve Jobs did, is Steve Jobs a Magicka? Or did he use our own minds against us to sell a product.

You even have underneath, you dont need to go to church to be a christian.

My ambition?

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Rikku

It really goes hand in hand, your actions are you.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

'do as thou wilt' is an important phrase to me.

Most people don't even get past that phrase when they look at Crowley's stuff.
They think it meant "Be a hedonist and do whatever feels good."

It was actually a very strict moral code!

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

This isnt 4000BC with one civila.. Its world of thousands so no.. If you wanna live by Crowley move out of society, there is the problem with his followers, they think they can eat the cake and still have...

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I explain what Crowley is, and nothing you said, absoluetly nothing was about what magick is, im saying, Crowley understood stimuli

Crowley IS a dead man.

You haven't said anything to convince me that you've even read ONE of Crowley's books, and so I reject your critique of him; that he was a failure, knew nothing of magic other than "stimuli" (?)....and that he was full of BS. (Which anyone might say about you, btw)

I have read Crowley, lots of Crowley, and find his works compelling and intriguing. Your thread, not so much.

edit on 11-10-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Im born in a culture which has practiced magick before babylon

Please explain this more thoroughly. Babylonian magic has very few antecedents outside of Sumerian, Akkadian, and Old Kingdom Egyptian magic. Are you practicing some form of neolithic animism or shamanism, perhaps?

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger

'do as thou wilt' is an important phrase to me.

Most people don't even get past that phrase when they look at Crowley's stuff.
They think it meant "Be a hedonist and do whatever feels good."

It was actually a very strict moral code!

Yep. A LOT of ignorance around Crowley and his teachings. And yes, a VERY strict moral code. Talk about the "Straight and Narrow"! LOL!

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
So, is it safe to assume if someone spells magic with a "K" it's due to Crowley's influence?

Frankly, I don't think it matters as long as what you intend to have happen actually happens. I'm a results-oriented person, and what seems to work is whatever I believe works.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join