It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama will be the only person sticking to Iran deal

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: infolurker

Insanity. If you want to see Obama's biggest failure, here it is.

So a deal that gets Iran to scale back on it's nuclear program allows inspections and not develop weapons. Yeah that's a real big failure.

The failure wasn't what it does but what it doesn't do. The NPT is pretty much worthless but there is a reason it deals with three methods to getting nukes and why the deal only addresses one is beyond me.

Considering Iran already signed the NPT which deals with all three either we have bigger problems than Iran if the NPT is worthless or best case Iran can't be trusted to follow anything. They could follow the deal to the letter and still have nukes.

Just didn't see the need to waste resources on this deal. If you wanted sanctions lifted and trade to take place do it. No need for a false security blanket to pacify the scared among us.
edit on 12-10-2015 by Reallyfolks because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks

Iran never broke the NPT. But due to the endless whining by a certain ME nation a deal like this had to be made to get the sanctions lifted. Imo we should have just lifted the sanctions and not wasted time with this deal. And no this deal does not allow Iran to have nukes. Don't fall for the propaganda Israel and their bootlickers here in the states keep spouting.
edit on 6300000001431America/ChicagoMon, 12 Oct 2015 09:07:14 -05002010 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: Reallyfolks

Iran never broke the NPT. But due to the endless whining by a certain ME nation a deal like this had to be made to get the sanctions lifted. Imo we should have just lifted the sanctions and not wasted time with this deal.

My point exactly. Don't waste time and resources on stupidity. And I understand they didn't break it. All I'm saying is if you are going to waste time on a false security blanket, at least make sure it covers all aspects to obtaining the nukes. Some people need s security blankets though. Hope they are realistic though and understand that if Iran wants nukes they will get them and they could do it while following the deal. This was nothing more than a circle jerk for team Obama to claim they did something....yawn

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Yes it isn't logical to argue with hypothetical, glad you agree.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80
What nothing more to reply with ? You disappoint me. Tell me you understand logic and using hypothetical situations to make a point . No ? Shame.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Can we stop pretending this is just a deal between the US and Iran? It is not. It is deal signed also by China, Russia, UK, France, Germany and the European Union. It is backed by over 100 nations and every independent non proliferation organization. Besides electronic monitors and cameras that will be in place in all facilities and the IAEA will have almost 200 inspectors on the ground at all times. The US can back out of the deal but, the deal still goes through with the rest of the world and Iran.

In Iran you have hardliners who hate this deal because it takes away their nukes, invites western influence and makes them look like buckled to US pressure and they will say and do anything they can to stop it. In the US you hardliners who think that this gives Iran nukes and that War is the only answer so they will do or say anything to stop it. That is when you know you have made a good deal, when the warmongers on both sides are not happy.

Iran has a very pro Western population. They have been on the verge of revolt for some time. If Iran breaks the deal with the rest of the World and sanctions come back it would likely lead to an open revolt.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I don't understand using hypotheticals to make a point when we have the actual point to discuss.
I understand that people do it, doesn't mean it is right and logical.

Why can't you just discuss the topic at hand, what is the need to try and over simplify things by using hypothetical?

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
Can we stop pretending this is just a deal between the US and Iran? It is not.

I doubt it. The facts don't make good political hash with the right-wing faithful.

Thanks for your comments though; I learn a lot reading what you have to say.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join