It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING : Vladimir Putin says Russia will fight for the right of Palestinians to their own state

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
There is an independent Palestinian state, it is called Jordan... I guess people have forgot how Jordan came into being.... lol So now we need another that is 5 by 20 miles.

edit on 12-10-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Jordan had sod all to do with what we call Palestine - while it was part of the British Palestine mandate, it always remained a separate entity

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy
a reply to: Ngatikiwi

Yes. Everyone is pining to go to Russian universities. Lowest amount of money spent per student. Way to invest in your people. They must hand out PhDs to people who make it all the way through Anna Karenina.

Maybe they spend it wisely and have lower overheads.
There are other factors for not going to Russia for education you know like the language issue and the alignment of curriculum to western standards.
I know of a doctor that lives here that has to relearn western techniques, law, protocol and how to use our western technology for example and essentially would have to start again just as we would if going there. Shes quite capable of doing so. She diagnosis as good as any NZ doc I know.

Shes a brainiac and can speak English better than most kiwis (and shes hot too)

If these factors could be addressed Im sure more would go.

I know a few Russians so I am a little biased

edit on 12/10/2015 by Ngatikiwi because: add stuff

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

Russia steals Crimea from the Ukraine

Crimea voted to rejoin Russia they didn't steal it.

In an illegal, heavily regulated "Russian" election after an occupation. Crimean Tatars boycotted the vote. Russia sent more troops than allowed, and the troops were SUPPOSED to be confined to their naval base by treaty. It was absolutely illegal and an occupation, leading to a corrupt annexation which Putin later admitted was pre-planned.

Nice try.

Oh you mean as opposed to the pre war rebellion incited by us and uk covert means.
Theres actually no difference between what happened in the arab spring and crimea..... Both bought and paid for by the US and in this case to oppose Russia, although I still have to say one thing:

US get the # back behind your own borders, you have NOTHING to do over here in the EU or middleast.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

Jordan had sod all to do with what we call Palestine - while it was part of the British Palestine mandate, it always remained a separate entity

The Ottoman Empire sided with the Germans and lost...sucks to be the loser... During the Treaty of Versailles the French and Brits split up that whole area into many of the nations we see today. An extremely large area with a lot of oil was partitioned off for the muslin Palestine, today it is called Jordan. The Jews got a small area made of nothing but holy dirt...I think the Jews got screwed in the deal, but hey holy dirt must be worth something.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   

So basically, if Russia aligned it's Curriculum to modern standards, made it's laws more acceptable to modern standards and had better technology then people would flock there?

Sure!

And if Mexico had less crime, corruption and better standards of living people wouldn't be leaving it in droves for the USA.

And in case you missed the sarcasm, you basically just said that if Russia was a better place, people would go there.

But they don't.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   

That's not what happened.

The mandate was called Palestine, but was split into two - Transjordan, also known as the Emirate of Transjordan was a totally separate Entity to what was known as Palestine.

The part that would become Israel was only around 50% of what was called Palestine, the other 50% was to be reserved for the Arabs. Israel then went on the steal much of what remained.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   

That's not what happened.

The mandate was called Palestine, but was split into two - Transjordan, also known as the Emirate of Transjordan was a totally separate Entity to what was known as Palestine.

Ok...Sooo the mandate was called Palestine, but some how Transjordan didn't have any muslin palestines living there, so who the hell was living there? Lol

I find it funny that we debate over a rather small strip of land that for some reason you say should have been two nations while Syria, Iraq, Lebanon, Jordan and Israel were all created from the same mandate, but for some reason those nasty Jews stole the Palestine nation.

One thing to remember was Palestine was never a Nation and was both muslin and Jewish. Transjordan is mostly muslin Palestine too, we can all say the French and Brits screwed it all up, but as I said they were the victor so whatever they did was correct...
edit on 12-10-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   

So basically, if Russia aligned it's Curriculum to modern standards, made it's laws more acceptable to modern standards and had better technology then people would flock there?

Sure!

And if Mexico had less crime, corruption and better standards of living people wouldn't be leaving it in droves for the USA.

And in case you missed the sarcasm, you basically just said that if Russia was a better place, people would go there.

But they don't.

I dont think I said that. I apologise if I wasnt clearer

I mean different laws, different equipment, different protocols etc.

You would have learn the language for starters.
Given the opportunity, geopolitical climate and time it could happen.
The emigration issue .. I can only speak for those I know.
Their decision was based on a number of factors and essentially came down to a lack of men, employment opportunities, a warmer climate and a want to see a world they could never experience before.
BTW If it wasnt for immigration we would have negative population growth cause the money is better elsewhere.
Doest mean its a sh..t country.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

As some have commented, Russia is indeed taking huge risks. That should tell us something.

In my mind, that means they didn't have much of a choice; Be demonised and dominated, as they have been by the west with the Ukraine puppet government and the economic sanctions, or dominate themselves.

The best defence is offence.

Russia waited patiently, trying to solve the conflict in Syria diplomatically, but when things finally went too far (refugee crisis), it drew a line in the sand. And let's not forget this is all being done legally, which can hardly be said about the actions of the west.

To those who haven't seen it, I highly recommend watching Putin's speech at the 70th UN General Assembly:

soulwaxer

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: buster2010

Yeah they do.

Hell the US/Saudi alliance has been eye opening.

Them constantly stabbing us in the back for the last 15 years.

The fact that Bin Laden was Saudi.

The fact the 19 hijackers were SAUDI.

With 'allies' like Saudi who the hell needs 'enemies' ?

Our pm basically admitted on TV the UK is being black mailed by the saudi scum.

Actually might be better to call it extortion.

We prop SA up and the "help" stop attacks....
edit on 12-10-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   
It's pretty obvious WWIII is happening. There're news articles exclaiming how close knit China and Russia's military have been becoming. They're allies.

Quite odd how the media's been trying to prepare us tnrough things like "Doomsday Preppers" and various rap songs over the past few years xD

Anyway, it's a plot of land. What it's called doesn't matter you buffoons.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   
A reply to: ZacOlongapo

No I'm not feeling different "as Jews do." I'm sorry that you can't accet that your religion and mine is the same religion and both religions are one and the same as the Jews, we are ALL ABRAHAMS lot. It may surprise you that our books are shared, or didn't tey tell you that in your state mandated belief system? Prejudice is not part of your true Abrahamic religion, you are an offshoot of the Jews, give up seeng division between the Abrahamic's, it's your schooling that did that to you, see through the propaganda of your youth................................. See the light. We are all praying to THE SAME GOD
Find LOVE
edit on 12-10-2015 by ufoorbhunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

It's really about time, travesty whats been happening to the Palestinians.

Personally can't see it ending well tho as the Israeli's don't normally react too well to any kind of threat and regardless of their pro-peace rhetoric i suspect the Zionists won't be happy till every Arab in Israel has burned.

The time for peace talks with Israel was over long ago, without American support the world would have united against this terrorist state.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
There is an independent Palestinian state, it is called Jordan... I guess people have forgot how Jordan came into being.... lol So now we need another that is 5 by 20 miles.

Or we could allow the Palestinians equal rights and give them back their own land illegally seized by the Israeli's for over 60 years.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   
If obama had a back bone he should threaten to give Ukraine a squadron of two of F-35's if Russia moves to destabilise Israel.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
Second?!?
What planet are you living on...??
China is far away superior to Russia militarily....for the moment, America is still one but Russia is not the leader of the second world in 2015 as it once was...
-Christosterone

Russia still has more military H/W than China (more ships, carriers, subs, vodka, lipstick, hot Russian accent, etc). Most of China H/W were either Soviet exports or copies of old Soviet tech and ofc, it's "Made in China" (return to supplier if found defective)

Note: Soviet export H/W is different than it's homefront original and most certainly inferior.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
If obama had a back bone he should threaten to give Ukraine a squadron of two of F-35's if Russia moves to destabilise Israel.

F-35's are a joke. Pilots are told NEVER to engage Russian fighters (or its derivatives) in circling fight/dogfight because the F-35s can't "turn and burn"

BVR (Beyond Visual Range) engagements where missiles do the dirty work are rare and often discouraged to reduce friendly kills....Rules are to visually ID the threat first to confirm if friendly or hostile.

While modern radar could ID the signature of many aircraft and there's IFF hardware too, they still have to double check visually and at visual range, the F-35 is dead duck to highly agile Russian jets.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
And the proxy war begins.

Yep....

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
The Arab League also agreed to create a 40,000 troop force according to a link within the OP's source.

Yemen crisis: Middle East leaders agree to create first joint Arab military force

They're saying it's a force for Yemen. After they achieve their goals in Yemen, I see this coalition setting their focus on Palestine in an alliance with Russia.

I find it especially interesting seeing as the second language, after hebrew in Israel, is now Russian. Perhaps it was a Trojan horse invasion from the Russian Jews? It is a fact that they alone have driven land and house prices through the roof in Israel over the past decade or two. Thus creating a small exodus of Israelites from Israel. Basically being sick of the fighting and other BS.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join