It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING : Vladimir Putin says Russia will fight for the right of Palestinians to their own state

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: Grenade

originally posted by: felonius
a reply to: maddy21

israel should be the one unassing land.

they stole it and murdered for it.

go russia!

UN resolution 242. read it.

Are you justifying Israels actions based on it defending its security?

Not sure what you are alluding to, technically a child throwing a stone at a tank could be a violation of 242 but shooting the child is a far greater human rights breach. If Israel wants security it should stop stoking the fires by ending the mass genocide of Palestinians.

As far as the surrounding countries claiming their land is being occupied yes, Also Jews also called themselve palestinian at one time as well remember? They technically have rights to th eland. The "other palestinians" are part of trans jordan who will never reclaim them because they could not get along with the jordanian government.

Theres nto a mass genocide going on. thats collatorral damage. and youre falling for the propaganda.

I think it's you who should read 242 again, Israel are in direct violation and continue to ignore it everyday.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

a reply to: maddy21

israel should be the one unassing land.

they stole it and murdered for it.

go russia!

UN resolution 242. read it.

they only fell back from sinai. they have pushed further into disputed zones.

the zionists are murdering thieves. plain and simple. palestinian jews prior to 48 not included.

And here's the irony with that. The most observant Jews like the Haredi/Ultra Orthodox Jews have always been against Zionism because it defies the prophecies which state the Jewish messiah is supposed to create the new Israel.

Then there are the Jews who stayed in the Middle East instead of going to Europe & Russia (called the Maghrebi Jews). They actually face discrimination right now from the German/Ashkenazi Jews in Israel! And the Ethiopian Jews are protesting & having rallies right now to protest the discrimination they face from the German/Ashkenazi Jews in Israel. It's a very surreal situation.

kicker is,

call out the zionists for what they are and youre a jew hater...go figure. the fundy xtians are the worst sometimes. otherwise smart people get all squishy and reverant "we must support israel".

bravo sierra.

well, considering who runs media, i shouldnt be surprised.

Ironically, I don't think it's about who controls the media. Because most people here are simply too afraid or uninterested to look into it in the first place. So media organizations don't even have to say anything, much less cover anything up. (And if you notice, the zionists here won't touch what I've brought up in this thread, either.)

As for the OP, I'm cautiously optimistic about Russia helping the Palestinians. Different countries have paid lip service to the Palestinians before, yet Israel keeps demolishing Palestinian infrastructures & building illegal settlements. And even though the world's majority (the Non-Aligned Movement) supports the Palestinians, it won't matter as long as long as the powerful Western countries still back Israel. Their resolutions will keep getting vetoed in the UN Security Council just the same.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

British Parliament thoughts.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

So the wishy-washy approach that the US took to Syria was due to the fact that we had to ask "who are the bad guys" and "who are the good guys"...and there was no simple answer there...that effed up efforts to arm and efforts to vet and train rebel forces. Other question is civilians and bad guys camping out in civilian centers..makes bombing difficult.

Putin is not asking who are the "good guys" or who are the "bad guys"...he is asking "where is the money".

Putin is not worried about civilians...bombs away.

Bashar al-Assad has two choices..Lick Putin's boots and do as he says or get hit by an errant bomb...either way Syria now belongs to Putin in Putin's mind.

From a pure "money" stand point, his bid for Syria and to reposition himself in the Mid-east is a sign of desperation in my mind. The price tag of being AQ and ISIS's number one target is high...And Russia doesn't have the intelligence structure it once had, nor international support.

He will get his higher oil prices and perhaps even stop the slide in the Russian economy, but the price tag in terrorist attacks and military losses is going to be steep...and the middle east will be worse off. If he follows this course, in 12 months ISIS fighters will be asking "America who"?...Not necessarily a bad thing...if we can break our reliance on Middle Eastern oil altogether we will be Cinderella and Islamic Extremism can be Putin's boogie man.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Wow someone gets it. Putin doesn't have anyones best interest in mind, beside his own. I can see why though. If you ever read about Boris Yeltsins trip to the USA, and him seeing our grocery stores. That is enough to know how the mentality of the leadership is over there.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

What I find funny is that many decrying the USA role in arming Syrian terrorists (which was wrong let me state that, the west was wrong) are now praising Putin for stating he will do the same thing in Palestine.....

Seems a bit hypocritical to me.

Granted the West screwed up and screwed up epicly in Syria and we have a LOT to answer for.
And granted Russia may be doing the "right" thing in Syria.

But lets not all kid ourselves. Putin is not some trustworthy lovable character and him arming terrorists in Palestine just as wrong as the west arming Syrian terrorists.

totally with you on that, it really doesnt make any sense to me

I feel like the world has just lost it all together

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: amazing
Great news. Obviously, the USA could care less about the plight of the Palestinians.

And what has Russia ever done for them?

Nothing, but perhaps they will now. Even if it's just to be a thorn in Israel's side, a little Russian influence or aid could go a long way to bringing the Palestinians together and getting a state. I see possibilities for peace in the middle east with someone else besides USA in there causing chaos.

The Best option for the palestenians getting a state has ALWAYS been kicking out HAMAS.

You would be amazed at how much easier and peaceful things would be if they were gone

But that's not going to happen. It would be like me saying the best thing for America would be to kick out the Republicans or the Democrats. That's just words.

The best thing that ever happened to the Palestinians is showing them that non violent techniques work...look how far they've come recently..being recognized by other countries...and the UN. However, it's so slow that the more radical elements in there are getting impatient. It would be so much better if the US would quit blocking all of their diplomatic efforts. I think Russia stepping in there will be the catalyst for change that we've all been waiting for.

Israel has shown that it is happy the way things are,

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

Russia steals Crimea from the Ukraine

Crimea voted to rejoin Russia they didn't steal it.

Gotta ask...So you believe that election to be legitimate?

The available choices did not include keeping the status quo of Crimea and Sevastopol as they were at the time the referendum was held.

The final date and ballot choices were set only ten days before the plebiscite was held. The referendum was regarded as illegitimate by most countries including all European Union members, the United States and Canada because of the events surrounding it[7] including the plebiscite being held while the peninsula was occupied by Russian soldiers.[8]

The official result from the Autonomous Republic of Crimea was a 96.77 percent vote for integration of the region into the Russian Federation with an 83.1 percent voter turnout.[a][1] The Mejlis Deputy Chairman Akhtem Chiygoz stated that the actual turnout could not have exceeded 30–40 percent.[17] In an interview on 22 January 2015 Igor Strelkov admitted that his militia group coerced Crimean deputies to vote in favor of secession from Ukraine

en.wikipedia.org...

As if a 97% majority vote and an 83% voter turnout in a Russian Military occupied military zone doesn't raise a slight suspicion...

What is wrong with this picture?....That's right...
The voting boxes were transparent and the ballots were not placed in envelopes ..

So what if the boxes were transparent? If anything that is too keep people from stuffing it by being able to see how many they were dropping in the box. There is one person sitting in a chair so this is forcing people to rejoin Russia? Maybe the vote would have turned out different had the Tartars got out and voted.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

What doesn't make sense to me is how everyone calls these rebel freedom fighters terrorists. Any country in the world that has citzens fighting to gain control of their own country are freedom fighters not terrorists.

To understand better find a Syrian that has moved to your home country. Spark up a conversation. What you hear will amaze you. It just so happens the majority of every last one of the Syrian people wanted Assad gone. They begged with American intervention.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crumbles

What doesn't make sense to me is how everyone calls these rebel freedom fighters terrorists. Any country in the world that has citzens fighting to gain control of their own country are freedom fighters not terrorists.

To understand better find a Syrian that has moved to your home country. Spark up a conversation. What you hear will amaze you. It just so happens the majority of every last one of the Syrian people wanted Assad gone. They begged with American intervention.

Agreed. Remember our Forefathers were all Terrorists, like that PLO leader, I mean insurgent commander George Washington!

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
My gosh just give em the friggin land for Pete's sake...wait, must part of Jerusalem be included? Cuz that's where the argument goes to heck that if they just give in to the...ahem...original occupiers of that land referred to AS Palestine for some...four thousand years? then they'd be sparing the world a trillion dollars, people, and can call it a draw for our sending the ten-figure checks annually (and I'd venture to say eleven figures get there somehow behind closed doors). I understand the sacred spots in Jerusalem thing but there are spots sacred to Abraham's religion all over that region in every country.

And Muslims specifically? Mecca and Medina are already taken and nothing compares to the big two. So why isn't every one asking to split up Mecca and median or have joint ownership especially when Mecca is raped by the royals who fish for all the millions of devout pilgrims they can to come in the name of religious piety, something the Sauds know Jack about but as long as they keep the eleven year old boys, the whites, and the coc aine in the palaces and yachts away from prying eyes and exploit a tragedy here and there to exercise a blood soaked no tolerance attitude toward anything that would undermine the sanctity of mecca further perpetuating the myth the Saudis are concerned with the sacred site and not it's five million hotel rooms at two hundred bud a pop COMMANDED BY GOD that the hajj be fulfilled then were okey dokey.

Palestine should take a blank slate as opposed to Jerusalem where there won't ever be happiness for all groups. Build the new Palestine as a nation for the rest of the world to look up to by doing it all as green, clean, efficient, well planned, etc as a city could be. I mean...think of establishing new York but with 2015 knowledge and technology. They could really take a deal even without any Jerusalem included and turn an ancient people known now as just refugees bitter and poor and let the shame the hate the past offenses go and take a path that would make being Palestinian something like it was to be a renaissance man 450 years ago. Someone others want to model themselves after.

Hint- if you do go for the modern Palestine thing, first thing is don't start by outlawing female driving or female nose mouth and chin flashing. That is just...pshhh....sooooo 2014!

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Hey buster...never known you to have a failed BS meter...No, that vote was not legitimate..

Did you literally just say "Maybe the vote would have turned out different had the Tartars got out and voted. "
??

have you been kidnapped and forced to watch RT News all day?

A Crimean nationalist group called Russia Unity has openly organized attacks on Tatar properties and desecrated graveyards. Last week, the leader of the party, Sergei Aksyonov, was named Crimean prime minister after Russian forces seized control of the peninsula.

In a chilling echo of history, Tatar houses in the Crimean city of Bakhchisarai have been marked with an ominous X, just as they were before the Soviet-era deportations. On Monday two Tatar businesses were firebombed.

www.theguardian.com...

And just today...
Crimean Tatar cameraman arrested in chilling new display of lawlessness
khpg.org...
edit on 12-10-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

What I find funny is that many decrying the USA role in arming Syrian terrorists (which was wrong let me state that, the west was wrong) are now praising Putin for stating he will do the same thing in Palestine.....

Granted the West screwed up and screwed up epicly in Syria and we have a LOT to answer for.

But lets not all kid ourselves. Putin is not some trustworthy lovable character and him arming terrorists in Palestine just as wrong as the west arming Syrian terrorists.

totally with you on that, it really doesnt make any sense to me

I feel like the world has just lost it all together

I don't think anyone is suggesting Putin is some kind of Messiah here to save the world from oppression. However it is about time someone helped the Palestinian people out of their current plight, most of us couldn't care less about politics but it has become a humanitarian necessity. Any pressure on Israel has to be a good thing if you take fear out of the equation.

The world has lost it however the people can still turn it around if we would just stop fighting each other. Our political systems worldwide have failed, capitalism has seduced and isolated us to the point of breaking, so unless there's a true revolution of the people putting aside our religious beliefs while maintaining our humanity then we are lost. I think we all want a better world for our children but instead of a fight at the top to enforce their control it is time to unite behind a message of peace and understanding.

Take a good look in the mirror to all those supporting war and the killing of innocent civilians, extra hard look if you claim to be doing it in the name of god.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

Pravda is your iffy source, not Zero Hedge..

To be fair zerohedge just parrots what Russian media says...so they are as iffy as Pravda if not worse sometimes.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

I don't think anyone is suggesting Putin is some kind of Messiah here to save the world from oppression.

And yet they do, as he is the savior of the ME...just ask.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

I don't think anyone is suggesting Putin is some kind of Messiah here to save the world from oppression.

And yet they do, as he is the savior of the ME...just ask.

Well i certainly don't think he's here to save me.

Economic sanctions on Israel from my own government at the very least is what i would expect. Instead they fund and support a government who should be ashamed of their treatment of the Palestinians.

Does anyone appreciate Israel have created the worlds largest prison then filled it with over 4 million people based on their ethnicity? Still not satisfied they keep them in horrible conditions and systematically murder them everyday while still infringing on the territory walled off in the first place.

Sound familiar?

Do those who support Israel also agree Hitler did a good job running Germany?

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Talk about being ignorant of history. Russia is not communist it's a capitalist system now.

No it isn't.

Oxford Dictionary
When a country's trade and industry are controlled by private owners rather than by state, then the political system is called as Capitalism

Cambridge Dictionary
A political or economic system in which, for greatest possible profits for successful organizations and people, there is private ownership of property, business and industry.

Merriam-Webster Dictionary
A type of organization or system in which instead o fthe government, individual people or companies own things that are used to make and transport products.

www.governmentvs.com...

Now tell me how Russia is a capitalist system, as you can see by the very definition of a capitalist system...Russia is not a capitalist system?

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade

What about the 'West' arming Israel. Would you not describe Israels actions as instigating terror using our weapons? Oh, i forgot professionally trained armies cant commit terrorism regardless of the target.

No I dont much agree with that and would happily see a UK arms embargo on Israel.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Are you in the ME?

Economic sanctions on Israel from my own government at the very least is what i would expect. Instead they fund and support a government who should be ashamed of their treatment of the Palestinians.

And the Palestinians are totally innocent victims and have never provoked the Israeli Army on purpose...can you honestly say they never have?

No, I guarantee they don't.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

Are you in the ME?

And the Palestinians are totally innocent victims and have never provoked the Israeli Army on purpose...can you honestly say they never have?

No, I guarantee they don't.

I'm not in the middle east and Palestinians probably have a few good reasons to attempt fighting back although i don't condone violence from either side.

What i can say is the Israeli response to said provocation is completely disproportionate. Also last i checked Israeli citizens weren't behind a wall with limited supplies and under constant bombardment with high precision weapons.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join