It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING : Vladimir Putin says Russia will fight for the right of Palestinians to their own state

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulwaxer
a reply to: maddy21

Russia waited patiently, trying to solve the conflict in Syria diplomatically, but when things finally went too far (refugee crisis), it drew a line in the sand. And let's not forget this is all being done legally, which can hardly be said about the actions of the west.

To those who haven't seen it, I highly recommend watching Putin's speech at the 70th UN General Assembly:

soulwaxer

Russia warns America, Don't give up Guns

Putin arrest warrant for Bankers

yes Putin seems to be the only leader with any balls or common sense left on this silly little planet.
edit on 10/12/2015 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
If obama had a back bone he should threaten to give Ukraine a squadron of two of F-35's if Russia moves to destabilise Israel.

Don't you mean a screw loose?

America should stick to creating peace in its own continent before meddling in the affairs of countries half way around the world.

Putin is in Syria at the request of it's officially elected head of state.

American military on the other hand..... they just start wars of conquest and hang a head of state on national TV.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Vladimir Putin has said Russia will fight for an independent Palestinian state, and called for the issues of the Middle East to be resolved through peaceful means.

In other words, Putin intends to pay lip service to Palestine because the Arab world hates Russia for siding with Iran in Syria. Unfortunately for him, many Arabs remember that the Soviet Union was the first nation to recognize Israel in the first place.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Well, you understand if in Russia will terract is work not Palestine, not Assad is not their allies. I sometimes watch the news, and if the Russian and western blueblood commentators who hate Russia and Russian excited of Putin's policies in the Middle East It will be like in a proverb claw caught all bird abyss

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
The sooner the Palestinians get their own State the better. Again common sense that Putin recognises.

Anyone asking Netanyahoo how his policies are working for him, as he's been in the top government seat for a little while now, can only see him bumbling about with casualties - last night some 1990 Palestinians as opposed to 67 Jews but no means of bringing peace to the people living under his domain.

Not a clever position to be in with ISIS on the outside of your borders and a Palestinian uprising within your borders. Strangely enough he doesn't look so cocky now and his view that Israel was not threatened by ISIS etc might be about to blow up in his face. Interesting times for this quagmire.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Screw the Palestinians they do not deserve their own state. Do some research as to the true origins of the modern day Palestinians. Educate yourself. Give the Jews all their promised land from the Nile to Euphrates as long as they don't mess with us give it too them. Sooner the better. Bugger the Arabs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
edit on 12-10-2015 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-10-2015 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

(post by Grenade removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

Grow up? What are you talking about? I have taken the side of the Jews in this conflict and you have obviously taken the side of the Palestinians? Is this not true?

There are two sides to the story in this issue and just because someone takes the opposite side to you in a debate you pull the racist tag? Speaks volumes. What is next are you going to call me a Shill based off a different opinion. Not telling, just asking?

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: phatpackage
a reply to: Grenade

Grow up? What are you talking about? I have taken the side of the Jews in this conflict and you have obviously taken the side of the Palestinians? Is this not true?

There are two sides to the story in this issue and just because someone takes the opposite side to you in a debate you pull the racist tag? Speaks volumes. What is next are you going to call me a Shill based off a different opinion. Not telling, just asking?

Elaborate on why a Palestinian child doesn't deserve the same rights as a Jewish child on the other side of a wall?

If it was Palestinians committing human rights abuses by denying food, water, medical supplies etc to the indigenous population of Israel i would be on their side.

Determining who is right and wrong based on their skin colour IS racist. Plain and simple.

Again, a religious fable written thousands of years ago is no justification for the systematic extermination of a people and their national borders. How a Jew from New York has more right to land which has been in the control of the Palestinians and their ancestors for thousands of years is beyond me.

edit on 12/10/15 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

"Screw the Palestinians they do not deserve their own state. "

Everyone has the right to live in peace.
edit on 12/10/15 by Grenade because: Formatiing

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Bugger the Arabs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RACIST!!! Yet i am the one censored for calling you a moron.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: [post=19913970]
Talk about being ignorant of history. Russia is not communist it's a capitalist system now.

Hey Buster...Ya know I have always liked your posts...I won't call this one "ignorant"...but I do think it qualifies as naïve to say the least.

Capitalistic? Kind of...Democratic? No.

After Russia emerged from the cold war it was a Oligarchy. Putin killed off the independent Oligarchs and at present "kleptocratic authoritarianism" best describes them.

When Mr. Putin became acting president 15 years ago this month, Russia was an oligarchy — indeed the oligarchs, a small group of men who had grown very rich in the preceding decade, were instrumental in picking Putin out of obscurity and installing him at the helm. But within months, he made the oligarchs an offer they could not refuse: give up all of their political power and some of their wealth in exchange for safety, security and continued prosperity, or else be stripped of all power and assets.

He meant it. The media mogul Vladimir Gusinsky, who rejected the new rules, was forced into exile in the summer of 2000, and uber-oligarch Boris Berezovsky followed him a few months later. When the richest man in Russia, Mikhail Khodorkovsky, refused any such bargain, he was jailed and his company was taken away. The process of destroying the Russian oligarchy was completed.

In the 11 years since Mr. Khodorkovsky’s arrest, Mr. Putin has consolidated power into what the political scientist Karen Dawisha calls “kleptocratic authoritarianism.” Its essential characteristic is all-encompassing corruption, which makes all the moneyed men of the Russian elite — and they are all men, and all moneyed — profoundly interdependent.

Many of them have held public office during this time, but it has invariably been subject to three interlocking conditions:

They had to pay to get into office,
and though they could use the office for accumulating greater wealth,
they could not use it to wield or gain political power.

www.nytimes.com...

The whole article is worth a read and spot on IMO.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

There are citizens from other countries who also consider they are living now in an oligarchy :

edit on 12-10-2015 by theultimatebelgianjoke because: filled out

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Russian Warns Americans: ‘Don’t Give Up Your Guns!’
Read more at politicaloutcast.com...

I really don't needs Putins input or permission.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

Russia steals Crimea from the Ukraine

Crimea voted to rejoin Russia they didn't steal it.

Gotta ask...So you believe that election to be legitimate?

The available choices did not include keeping the status quo of Crimea and Sevastopol as they were at the time the referendum was held.

The final date and ballot choices were set only ten days before the plebiscite was held. The referendum was regarded as illegitimate by most countries including all European Union members, the United States and Canada because of the events surrounding it[7] including the plebiscite being held while the peninsula was occupied by Russian soldiers.[8]

The official result from the Autonomous Republic of Crimea was a 96.77 percent vote for integration of the region into the Russian Federation with an 83.1 percent voter turnout.[a][1] The Mejlis Deputy Chairman Akhtem Chiygoz stated that the actual turnout could not have exceeded 30–40 percent.[17] In an interview on 22 January 2015 Igor Strelkov admitted that his militia group coerced Crimean deputies to vote in favor of secession from Ukraine

en.wikipedia.org...

As if a 97% majority vote and an 83% voter turnout in a Russian Military occupied military zone doesn't raise a slight suspicion...

What is wrong with this picture?....That's right...
The voting boxes were transparent and the ballots were not placed in envelopes ..

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke

There are citizens from other countries who also consider they are living now in an oligarchy :

Not sure if you read my post? "Oligarchy" was too "Democratic" for Putin...Russia is no longer an Oligarchy?

The Russian government is the Mob on steroids without any competition with Putin as boss.

Putin has arrested, killed or run out of the country all Oligarchs...What he has now is a collection of corrupt, billionaire loyalists who if they dare to speak out politically or exercise any agenda not approved by Putin, are arrested and their assets seized.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Well ... that's your point-of-view.
Do you think Putin is likely to transpose that 'system' to the Palestinians as well ?

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

israel should be the one unassing land.

they stole it and murdered for it.

go russia!

edit on 12/10/15 by felonius because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: johndeere2020

originally posted by: crazyewok
If obama had a back bone he should threaten to give Ukraine a squadron of two of F-35's if Russia moves to destabilise Israel.

F-35's are a joke. Pilots are told NEVER to engage Russian fighters (or its derivatives) in circling fight/dogfight because the F-35s can't "turn and burn"

BVR (Beyond Visual Range) engagements where missiles do the dirty work are rare and often discouraged to reduce friendly kills....Rules are to visually ID the threat first to confirm if friendly or hostile.

While modern radar could ID the signature of many aircraft and there's IFF hardware too, they still have to double check visually and at visual range, the F-35 is dead duck to highly agile Russian jets.

I think Not. Its not a peice of crap. I am sure if you ask Zaphod he can educate you on it. Youre falling for th ehype they put out to make enemies under estimate the aircraft.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: felonius

israel should be the one unassing land.

they stole it and murdered for it.

go russia!

UN resolution 242. read it.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join