It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1st anniversary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
So today is my girlfriend and I's first anniversary. So we thought we would go hiking up to a waterfall called Martins falls to do some photography. It's about 40 miles outside of town up in the boon docks. So we get there and I'm setting up my gear at the bottom of the falls and my gf finds a game trail going up the side of the falls and starts climbing it.Which in of itself is out of the ordinary as she hates climbing anything high. So I get all my stuff packed up and start up behind her. 30 min's or so later we are at the top looking down. It started raining so we took cover so as to not get the camera soaked. once that passed we started looking around. Up behind the main falls are another series of smaller falls going back up the mountain.

We walked maybe 300 feet and I was setting up my gear to get some shots and she had walked up ahead of me. She was standing up there for a couple of min's and she comes back down and the look on her face, something was wrong. She goes "babe there is something bad up ahead, there is something up there." I just sorta looked at her for a second. For whatever reason I felt the urge to move my head. As soon as I did that a branch came crashing down from the canopy above us and hit my hand and camera. Had I not moved my head it would have hit me. It was weird because I was not leaning on a tree or anything like that to cause this branch to fall out of the tree and hit me. I looked at her and that's when I felt it. There was something or someone there too. I packed up my gear as quickly as I could and I turned and looked across the creek and I saw something very large and black dart between the trees. I told my gf we needed to get the f outta there and now. About two hundred feet or so away from us was a road so we quickly headed towards that road and started climbing the ravine to get up to. half ways up I turned and looked back to where we came from. Directly across from where I stood on the other side of the creek was a rock ledge that was above it and there was something that was golden color standing there watching us.

I asked my gf if she could see it and she looked at it and described to me what I was seeing. Once we got back up to the road we started walking back to our car which we thought was only 3 or 400 feet down the road. Turns out we ended up walking almost 2 miles to get to our car. Which makes no sense. Before getting hit by the branch I had turned around and looked down the creek and I could see the top of the big falls were we had climbed up. We went on a direct horizontal line from the water to the road so I can understand for the life of me how we ended up almost two miles from the car when we only went up 300 feet from the falls?? When we got to the car we looked at the time on our phones and it was 7 pm when we got to the falls it was after 6. So in less then an hr we climbed the falls stopped a couple of times to take pictures and then walked almost 2 miles. The math doesn't work. I know it took almost a half hr to climb the falls, we took cover for 20 mins waiting out the rain and stopped twice for me to set up my gear and take photos. So somewhere we lost almost two hrs. It should have been a lot later then it was.

On the drive out we talked about what we had just experienced. She said that when I was taking pictures and she had walked a little further ahead she saw what looked like a small cave or grotto off to the side of the creek and she wanted to take a picture of it and she pulled out her phone and went to take a picture and her phone freaked out and wouldn't take a picture. She said that's when she got the feeling that there was something bad there and came back to get me. When we talked about the thing on the ledge she said she got a distinct feminine feeling from it and looked somewhat female. For me when I saw it I knew it was not good. I've had a lot of experiences in my life and this is the first time I've actually been scared to the point were I realized that if we didn't leave we wouldn't have gotten out of there. The other feeling I got was that we stumbled into something that we were not supposed to find and it didn't want us there.

From there we went and got dinner and that's when we found this on one of the two photos she had taken. This was taken with a Samsung Galaxy phone. When she took this photo she said that it was not there. Only when she looked at them later did she see it. From first sight it looks like a damn bear except for the way its standing all hunched over with its paws drawn up to its chest. You can see part of it on the other side of the tree. I've never heard of a bear walking on its hind legs hunched over like that. There are some other strange things in the photo too. I could buy it as a bear except for the fact I saw something large and black dart between two trees extremely fast and then the thing/being that was golden standing on the ledge watching us. I just really do not know how to explain this experience. Nothing about it makes sense.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I could've sworn I saw this posted last night, no?

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

Yep, right here

Thought we had a little glitch in the matrix there for a moment

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
ya that was my bad. I meant to post it in paranormal last night and instead it ended up in the other forum.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Super-freaky story, OP. S&F. I agree with what skunkape was saying in that first thread you had. Maybe try asking the mods to move the first one into the paranormal section?

Regardless, thank you for sharing! I enjoyed the read.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Deja Vu.

new topics

top topics

join