It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
That is the title of a recently released video game available on Steam for $15, for a few days 10% off. It is a game, that is necessarily co-op because one person is stuck in a room with a bomb and is the only one that is allowed to view it. Now the other person is the Expert and instructs the first person how to defuse. Which wire to cut, which button to press, when to release a button and so on. In the beginning bombs will have a time of 3 or 5 minutes, though there is a mode where you can randomly generate a bomb while picking the time and amount of modules, time 0:30-10:00 and modules 3-11. The "Expert" uses a manual that spans about 23 pages that the Defuser can not see. It is online and can be printed out, note you don't need the game to view it. Things can get tense when the Expert makes an error or the Defuser does, due to poor communication. I remember the bomb timer counting down and losing connection with the the Expert via the phone. The timer went down about a minute, minute and half, and then I missed the first instruction leading to one strike. There are strikes, either 2 or 3 from what I have seen, but there is a Hard mode where there are no second chances. This game relies on good communication, memory and speed. Don't explode.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

Sounds interesting, but I think my husband and I could cheat on it a little too easily with both our computers right there in the same room, next to each other.

Other than that, we'd either do really well at it or such terribly - no middle ground. We can team up very well on some things, but if you have us partner at something like cards, we can never synch up at all and suck. It would be interesting to see which this one would be.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Doesn't have to be the same room
It's a fun game I think. Can be challenging at times. Trying to figure out something, cut the wire? Don't? Oh shoot strike one. So on. The offer is always open haha. Let me know if you go for it.

join