It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Jesus a Conservative?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing
a reply to: enlightenedservant
All is Good describing your nit-picking here. There are at least 7 other identical stories for you to discect (clarify). Charles 1952 has them locked in his time machine.

O.O All 7? No way, man. lol

I only mentioned the Isis/Horus story because I've studied them before. I'd researched the links between the Isis/Horus statues & the Black Madonna/Baby Jesus statues & paintings. The Ancient Egyptians influenced both the Israelites & the Greeks, so there are definitely similarities in their traditions. After all, people tend to forget that a large portion of biblical events happened in Egypt (like part of Jesus's past, Joseph's adult life, etc).

But I've also noticed that a lot of those sites linking the origins of different religious figures tend to use loose interpretations to show their "similarities". or they use a specific denomination's interpretation of the events, then pass that version off as the official version. As example, when I first researched Buddha, he was a normal guy who fasted under a tree until he developed a new philosophy. Now, there are so many different variations on his story & teachings that I literally don't recognize them.

posted on Nov, 2 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Seriously; this story of a virgin birth (and other similarities) is so prevalent one suspects its an insert overlay story line for many civilizations. I have no idea why; except it works on some level to give hope to humans.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Seriously; this story of a virgin birth (and other similarities) is so prevalent one suspects its an insert overlay story line for many civilizations. I have no idea why; except it works on some level to give hope to humans.

why does that give hope . . . a woman getting pregnant without having sex . . . yeah I really hope we have the technology for that some day so we can get rid of all the unwanted sex . . . not really.
I know what you mean though. Hope for a savior and a god to exist, and a virgin birth would be miraculous and hence proof. But it was unnecessary for me to believe, even iof the bible didn't mention any miracles and was just Jesus' words kind of like the Jefferson bible. Still inspiring. And I do hope Jesus ideas and thoughts can become reality.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: HorusChrist

why does that give hope . . . a woman getting pregnant without having sex . . . yeah I really hope we have the technology for that some day so we can get rid of all the unwanted sex . . . not really.
I know what you mean though. Hope for a savior and a god to exist, and a virgin birth would be miraculous and hence proof. But it was unnecessary for me to believe, even iof the bible didn't mention any miracles and was just Jesus' words kind of like the Jefferson bible. Still inspiring. And I do hope Jesus ideas and thoughts can become reality.

Virgin birth? Miracle Birth; that baby becomes a messiah and attempts to impart a message of hope. Usually a "kingdom" not of this earth is implied (one is eternal/the body is just a temporary vessel for that eternal soul). Jesus was not a pagan so is more forward in thinking than those in ancient past times. Have no clue as to what Mohammed and Moroni were thinking.

posted on Nov, 3 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: HorusChrist
turn off foxnews and try to figure out what freemasons actually support! enlightenment ideals!

Is there something wrong with that?

edit on 3-11-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Wolfenz

I was referring to more of a delusional and less of a stoner sort of way.

ohh your talking about Evangelist the scary group that has that Jesus militant Camp for kids...
that Worship Cardboard cutouts of Presidents !

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join