It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin interview with subtle hints of possible war.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Hi.

Doing my usual round on various media sources I came across Putins new interview regarding Syria and Russia foreign policy. Although it is most likely well rehearsed it is very clear and honest as to what russian intentions are. You can read the interview here:
interview

Although there are many important parts to what he says I can pick out two that get alarm bells ringing. Maybe my fear sensors are too sensitive but either way I think we may be seeing a slight acknowledgment of a future war against Russia.

The first point I feel sets the record straight and makes it as clear as possible to those who are listening that Russian actions in Syria abide by international law. This is for the public reinforcing the wide held view that the propaganda of an aggressive Russia is wrong. That Russia are doing what the public want and need in assisting Syrian leadership rid their country of the evil of Islamic state. This need to use this oportunity to reiterate the activity of Russian forces is legal.

The second more important and probably more obvious is that Putin clearly states that Russia has natural resources in abundance and has no need to expand with an agrees I've foreign policy. Moreover he finished the interview with the nail in the coffin...

Russia has no intention of creating an empire or reconstructing of the Soviet Union, yet “we must defend our independence and sovereignty,” Putin stressed. “We’ve done it before, we are going to do it in future.”

This last sentence is not a mistake. It is not meant to be "we may have to do it again". He is clear that in the future Russia will have to defend their sovereignty and independence.

Lastly I thought I'd assume that although I'm Irish I feel this last sentence should not just be directed at Russians alone but all of those who won't give up their freedoms of our oppressive governments. It is clear that with deals such as the TTIP our idea of democracy is being used to remove our freedoms and sovereignty. Just look through history and wee see this has happened many times and it is happening now. So Putin is correct. We will need to defend OUR independence.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Did you really just use Putin's words as an inspiration of fighting against oppressive governments? Oh the irony...

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: liteonit6969

Three words: Crimea River Putin.

Let's see how it unfolds, but I dare say Russia is not aiding the war against ISIS out of kindness. Let's do the time warp again...

edit on 11-10-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: gmacev

OK. I'm not seeing Putins Russia through rose tinted glasses. However looking at American the UK and nato then Putin is the saviour. The destruction caused by these governments in OUR name is criminal and we as a people will be remembered in future as the people alive who allowed these CRIMINAL wars and mass murders.

Russia has its faults. But in comparison Russia should be what some countries aspire to be.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Have to love your cliché responses. When valid arguments go out the window mockery is a great second choice.

You are right in that Russia isn't fighting Isis for nothing. He is fighting them along with the west backed rebels who have destroyed Syria. They have destabilised an ally of Russia whose strategic position in the ME is important.

How many wars have the west CREATED in the name of helping an ally.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Have to love your cliché responses. When valid arguments go out the window mockery is a great second choice.

How many wars have the west CREATED in the name of helping an ally.

Believe me it was not a mockery. Poor satire, but not a mockery.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

However looking at American the UK and nato then Putin is the saviour. The destruction caused by these governments in OUR name is criminal and we as a people will be remembered in future as the people alive who allowed these CRIMINAL wars and mass murders.

And yet you have no problem with what Russia has done in Ukraine, and Georgia.

Also killing your own people so that you can go to war in Chechnya is okay for you?

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

However looking at American the UK and nato then Putin is the saviour. The destruction caused by these governments in OUR name is criminal and we as a people will be remembered in future as the people alive who allowed these CRIMINAL wars and mass murders.

And yet you have no problem with what Russia has done in Ukraine, and Georgia.

Also killing your own people so that you can go to war in Chechnya is okay for you?

And you ok with Iraq, libya, vietnam?

Seems to me neither the USA or Russia can point fingers!

I just see two countrys of hypocrites full of bull# !

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Again the situation in Ukraine has been created by the west. Or maybe all of these uprisings in these "corrupt" governments are just a coincidence.

If the mass rising up against the corruption then why aren't the Americans rising up against the most corrupt government in the world. The American people need to hold their government accountable. This passive ignorance isn't good enough.
What Russia is doing in the world today vs what nato is doing makes it clear who is creating havoc in the world.

The msm have been used as a very effective tool to shape opinions of the public. To see what is coming down the line all we have to do is follow the narrative of the msm. Therefore Russia being painted out to be the aggressors and putin to be evil is paving the way for a publicly accepted war against Russia.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Apologies but your post made a mockery of the use of satire.

Joking
edit on 11-10-2015 by liteonit6969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie is it naive to think they are helping out an ally and also have interests in the area. No different to Americas support of their questionable allies in the region, I still wouldn't trust Putin, but maybe he's not the Bond villain he is portrayed to be.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

I agree with what you say. Let's no kid our selves here. We are looking at a lesser of two evils. And in my opinion putin is a much better choice than nato.
Things are ramping up big time on the global stage. With the economy in a massive state of decline a war will suit all involved....except the civilian man woman and child who are slaughtered in their beds.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

And you ok with Iraq, libya, vietnam?

Well let's see...

Viet Nam...before my time, so I really don't think about it.

Libya...Pan Am 103

Iraq...

1st one...yes

2nd one...not totally.

Seems to me neither the USA or Russia can point fingers!

I just see two countrys of hypocrites full of bull# !

Can't argue with that.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

So your argument if you weren't born when it happened you can't comment on it? I think that is a weak way to dismiss the argument.

Educate yourself.

I'm not advocating one should pick a side and defend it no matter what. However it's got to a point in history that the aggressive foreign policy of America and it's lapdog has got so out of control the near future is very worrying. What we are seeing with a lot of these "terrorist" groups is people have got to a point they have nothing to lose as the west have destroyed their world's. This is much more than religion. This is anger bred by the murderous wars of America and the inability of its citizens(and europes) to hold them to account. Remember these governments represent US. Therefore it is u and I who are murdering these men women and children.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Again the situation in Ukraine has been created by the west.

Wrong...Putin had given then president the ultimatum of signing with the EU and lose Russia as trade partner, or sign with Russia as their mane trade partner and get cheaper gas.

Here you may/maynot be interested in this...but guess what Russia had said long before the protests had begun.

The Kremlin has warned Ukraine that if the country goes ahead with a planned agreement on free trade with the EU, it faces inevitable financial catastrophe and possibly the collapse of the state.

Russia is making a last-minute push to derail the integration agreement, which is due to be signed in late November. Instead, Moscow wants to lure its neighbour into its own alliance, a customs union with Belarus and Kazakhstan that critics have referred to as a reincarnation of the Soviet Union. Russia has made it clear that Ukraine has to choose between the two options and cannot sign both agreements.

Here you go so you know who this refers to...

Sergei Glazyev, adviser to President Vladimir Putin

Glazyev, speaking on the sidelines of the discussion, said the exact opposite was true: "Ukrainian authorities make a huge mistake if they think that the Russian reaction will become neutral in a few years from now. This will not happen."

Instead, he said, signing the agreement would make the default of Ukraine inevitable and Moscow would not offer any helping hand. "Russia is the main creditor of Ukraine. Only with customs union with Russia can Ukraine balance its trade," he said. Russia has already slapped import restrictions on certain Ukrainian products and Glazyev did not rule out further sanctions if the agreement was signed.

The Kremlin aide added that the political and social cost of EU integration could also be high, and allowed for the possibility of separatist movements springing up in the Russian-speaking east and south of Ukraine. He suggested that if Ukraine signed the agreement, Russia would consider the bilateral treaty that delineates the countries' borders to be void.

"We don't want to use any kind of blackmail. This is a question for the Ukrainian people," said Glazyev. "But legally, signing this agreement about association with EU, the Ukrainian government violates the treaty on strategic partnership and friendship with Russia." When this happened, he said, Russia could no longer guarantee Ukraine's status as a state and could possibly intervene if pro-Russian regions of the country appealed directly to Moscow.

"Signing this treaty will lead to political and social unrest," said the Kremlin aide. "The living standard will decline dramatically … there will be chaos."

www.theguardian.com...

So now how did the west do this since we know Yanukovych had promised to sign the EU deal, but after a bit of bullying he went with Russia against his promise to the people of Ukraine...but hey it's easier to blame the west isn't it?

If the mass rising up against the corruption then why aren't the Americans rising up against the most corrupt government in the world.

I hate to tell you this but there are many more countries that are more corrupted than the US.

Somalia
Sudan
Afghanistan
Iraq
Uzbekistan
Eritrea
and Libya

Are far more corrupt than the US.

Let us not even get into south America...

The American people need to hold their government accountable. This passive ignorance isn't good enough.
What Russia is doing in the world today vs what nato is doing makes it clear who is creating havoc in the world.

And when it becomes necessary they do.

As for NATO and Russia...

NATO doesn't invade countries unlike Russia.

NATO doesn't annex land from sovereign neighbors, unlike Russia.

NATO isn't threatening the use of Nukes on their neighbors, unfortunately Russia does.

It is clear, but you aren't going to like the answer...Russia.

The msm have been used as a very effective tool to shape opinions of the public. To see what is coming down the line all we have to do is follow the narrative of the msm. Therefore Russia being painted out to be the aggressors and putin to be evil is paving the way for a publicly accepted war against Russia.

What is said in MSM in the west is nothing compared to what Russian media has done since before the Cold War.

As early as the late 1940s, there had been decrees and orders issued by Central Committee of the Soviet Communist Party to promote anti-American sentiments within the Soviet public.
For instance, Central Committee document #148 of 1949 read:[3]

Article-1

1. In print news media such as "Pravda", "Izvestiya", "Trud", "Literaturnaya Gazeta", "Komsomolskaya Gazeta", "Bolshevik" and others, organize systematic publications of materials, articles and pamphlets, unmasking aggressive plans of American Imperialism, inhumane character of social and political order of US, debunking American propaganda "fables" about American "prosperity", showcasing deep controversies in US economy, mendaciousness of bourgeois democracy, idiocy of modern day American bourgeois culture and morals.

Article-15

15. Following themes should provide the basis for anti-American propaganda in press, radio and movies:
Capitalistic monopolies of U.S. - inspirators of aggression policy ...
U.S.A. - stronghold of colonial enslavement and colonial wars ...
Monopolies feed fascism on American soil ...
Democracy in U.S. - hypocritical cover-up for absolute rule of Capital ...
Myth of high standards of living for all social classes in U.S. ...
Myth of universal equality and equal opportunities for everyone in U.S. ...
Degeneration of American culture ...
Decay of cinematography in U.S. ...
Corrupt American press ...
Crime in U.S.A. ...

en.wikipedia.org...

As for following what the MSM says...don't know as I don't watch them. And Russia is an aggressor just ask a few of his neighbors.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

So your argument if you weren't born when it happened you can't comment on it?

My thoughts don't change what happened, nor does my opinion so I feel no need to discuss it.

There is my response.

I think that is a weak way to dismiss the argument.

Why because I am not going to discuss the Viet Nam war?

Get over it.

Educate yourself.

One may find it very helpful to follow their own advice.

As for the rest of your post...I know it's all the US fault no matter where, or what happens.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Three words: Crimea River Putin.

Let's see how it unfolds, but I dare say Russia is not aiding the war against ISIS out of kindness. Let's do the time warp again...

Don't forget...you don't have to become a power by growing. You can do it by beating others down.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

After reading your reply I was impressed with the level of research you had at your disposal such as the guardians quotes from 2 years ago and other interesting bits. I thought I would offer you a balanced and we'll researched reply but then I looked at you history of thread creation.

All I can say is WOW

If ever I have seen a payed shill it is you. Looking down some of the threads we have many anti russian, many anti north Korean and also many chem trail debunking. There are probably more but when I seen those three I nearly fell over laughing.
If someone is paying for this level of shill work then they must be pretty desperate. Recognising that I am hopeless in balanced debate and proper research maybe I could become one of ussssse guuuuuys.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Yea, I think your posting calling him a shill is against T&C, nope not a shill just a red blooded American patriot. Nice try though.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

You can't have it both ways.

America was also a nation with plenty of her own natural resources doing many of the same things Russia claims it's doing. If America's action were not entirely altruistic, then what makes you think Russia's are any more likely to be?

People in Africa suffer just as much, if not more, then people in the ME from the violence of local warlords, but you'll notice there are no world powers spending their blood and treasure trying to save those poor, poor people. Why? Because there is currently absolutely NO strategic importance of any kind to be had from doing it.

edit on 11-10-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join