It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Profound experience with an Orca

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I visited Sea world years ago, when I was 8 months pg with a child that I decided to give up for adoption. My heart was so heavy with grief, and every time I visited this whale tank, (I recognize her fin curled over) she would surface and come to which ever side I was on and would make eye contact with me, and would follow me all around the tank. It was very odd, I could feel her sadness for me. To the point that I left the tank sobbing several times. But, every time I returned she would come to where I was and stare at me and follow me around. I didnt understand until a few months later when it was announced that she had calved, and the baby was taken away.

This was a profound experience for me. From the depths of my soul, I believe our pain connected our spirits. I shared a moment of understanding with her, and I think we both wept for each other. I feel she was begging me to help her. Because, she knew we shared the same pain. Ive never connected with a creature like that before or since. Truly a profound experience, that I will never forget. The child I gave up turned 30 this year.

So I am wondering if anyone else has experienced anything like this? I am very glad they can no longer breed these beings. But, I do wish with all my heart they would just let them live as they were meant to live, FREE with their families. This experience has made me look at the BEINGS we share this earth with in a different light. Its hard for me to call them Animals.

[snipped request]
edit on Sun Oct 11 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
They're not animals, they're cosmic jedi's/citizens. And that was very profound.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

I believe in your connection. Thank you for that beautiful and thought-provoking story...and, thank you for choosing 'Life'. I believe Cetaceans are far more advanced and spiritually evolved, than than any of us truly understand.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

That was very touching to read.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Before that I never considered that other species have emotions.

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Big sea creatures are amazingly intelligent. The same whales that caught harpoons 50-60 years ago, now will swim up to boats to greet people. However when whaling was still a huge industry, they'd attack any boat they saw.

Basically they can read intentions which I think is a sign of great intelligence.

Whales are just people that decided to stay in the water billions of years ago instead of flopping up on land. Wish all of our ancient ancestors stayed in the water

posted on Oct, 11 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Beautiful story thanks for sharing. The connection between us, animals and the natural world is often forgotten but link remains of it as well even between other humans. The ways our companion animals comfort us when sick or feeling sad. Research has shown that they help to lower our blood pressure, as am sure we do the same for them at the physical level. it doesn't end there. How much of the mental/emotional/spiritual link is gone unmentioned of. There's a profound connection beyond just helping with the hunt(canines), etc. as animals grew together with animals over time.

posted on Oct, 12 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
Before that I never considered that other species have emotions.

wow always thought that all creatures have emotions... the bond between the whale and the calf is no different than between a human mother and child

thank you enjoyed the story very much

star and flagged

edit on 12-10-2015 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer
I was raised on a farm, and we raised our cattle, sheep, rabbits, chickens, for food. So, I think as a child I had to detach from believing they had emotions.

Mom used to lie to us and tell us that she sold the "missing" creature at auction. But, we knew. I have often said that there would be a lot more vegetarians in the world if people had to raise and slaughter an animal themselves.

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
This thread made me both sad and happy, with your whale experience.

They are beautiful intelligent creatures, happy for you that you had this connection.

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
you know what's even sadder about your story. in orcas the dorsal fin collapses due to collagen deficits. it usually doesn't happen with the females. when it does with the females it's usually because they are malnourished. so not only was she miserable in captivity she was also pregnant and desperate for nutrition. so both her and the baby are going to live unhealthy lives. orcas live up to 50-80 years in the wild. at sea world 25-35. it would be like the average age of a circus performer being 35 when they all die due to forced poor living conditions and nutrition / partial starvation.
edit on 14-10-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-10-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Im not sure I wanted to know that.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   

That is such a sad and sweet story. Whales are some of the most intelligent animals. I fully believe they have emotions. It is devastating what orcas go through because of Sea World.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=19913333]Whales are just people that decided to stay in the water billions of years ago instead of flopping up on land. Wish all of our ancient ancestors stayed in the water

Don't watch the documentary Black Fish, unless you can handle 2 hours of related nightmares - minus the psychic connection. When those brilliant beasts go stir crazy, they eat trainers! They showed numerous attacks, all reactions to poor living conditions and separation anxiety.

I was sea kayaking about 6 years ago with a friend, and 3 orcas surfaced for a breath 20-25 feet away. It was mom dad and a baby in the middle, breathing in unison, sounding just like 3 huge tires deflating. We were looking up at the largest parent, his/her eye was scanning our intentions and we froze like drunks in a cop's headlights. Orcas are totally epic and infinitely deep, and Paul Watson is The Man

new topics

top topics

join